Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-04-2011, 07:27 PM   #15

Tiffin Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
No regrets, but sometimes I think it is a bit too much (more than I really need). But then I just grin, start it up, and go for a ride around the countryside.
tomwalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-04-2011, 07:43 PM   #16

Monaco Owners Club
No regrets. This purchase has worked out well. Usually I buy high and sell low. Our 'e-bay special' had 17K miles on it(Jan. '10)and for the price of a new, low end diesel dually pick'em up truck! Saved enough to go out West last summer and we're now on the way to Alaska...THAT'S how I'm justifying these trips and no one can convince me otherwise! Bob

'05 Monaco Windsor 40 DST - ISL / '08 Wrangler
scenic route is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 08:39 PM   #17

Minor regrets about how far into debt we've gone, but if we waited to save up, we'd be in wooden boxes pushing up the dandelions before we could offord to buy! We were fairly modest, getting the rig in our signature for $37K a year ago. It had less than 12,000 miles on it and inside looked like new. We had 19 days out before I hurt my back trying to use the stupid driver's door. The start of this season is delayed because of the resulting back surgery and physiotherapy.

The previous owner had done what we've done - got a home equity loan. When we bought it, his asking price was less than NADA but it was just a bit more than he needed to pay off his HE loan. I'll be in my mid-80's by the time ours is paid off, so I hope to do the same when we can no longer use it, and consider it money well spent for the pleasure we got from the MH.
Old 05-04-2011, 08:55 PM   #18

Send a message via Skype™ to mariogeneau
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glassalley52
Nope - just wish I was retired already. I'm ready to go, but I'm not quite old enough to retire. Two more years and I am good to go.
2???? You're lucky... I still have about 20 to go...lol
Old 05-04-2011, 09:08 PM   #19

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariogeneau View Post
2???? You're lucky... I still have about 20 to go...lol
20 years for me also until I can retire.

I have no regrets on my purchase because I paid cash for mine and if for some crazy reason I wanted or needed to sell it, I could easily double my money.
goreds2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 09:17 PM   #20

Alpine Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by eracefn45 View Post
Bought a toyhauler in 08, now wife wants bunkhouse for grandkids, guess who wins ??? still glad we get to go on weekends and a couple long trips, just need more room. certainly not complaining, its fun to look
FYI, before you take the depreciation hit on the toyhauler and get the bunkhouse, you should seriously check into hiring one of those RV redesigners to repurpose the cargo space into a bunkhouse for the grandkids. With some imagination, I bet you could come up with something really cool, maybe even some separate media room for watching TV or playing computer games in that area. Spending the money on redesign will be a lot less costly than selling the toyhauler and buying a bunkhouse, I am certain. And it will be unique!
Old 05-04-2011, 10:15 PM   #21

Appalachian Campers
Send a message via Yahoo to W4RLR
Nope. Bought used, fixed what was wrong with it, customized to my tastes as I could afford it. It's paid for. What could be wrong with that?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
W4RLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 11:05 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glassalley52 View Post
Nope - just wish I was retired already. I'm ready to go, but I'm not quite old enough to retire. Two more years and I am good to go.
Know how you feel I have 1.8 years to go, can you tell ... stick a fork in me I'm done
yardpass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 01:30 AM   #23

Fleetwood Owners Club
Nope.

While our rig is 16 years old, the previous owner took good care of it and is in GREAT shape. He also upgraded a few of the components (flatscreen HDTV, Safe-T Plus stabilizer, etc.), so I wouldn't have to.

Paid cold, hard cash for it and am not into debt.

The size, floor plan and cost was just TOO perfect for us.

Like someone already said, my only regret is not having time to use it to its full potential.
Peacekeeper6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 04:33 AM   #24

Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave and Jaime View Post
FYI, before you take the depreciation hit on the toyhauler and get the bunkhouse, you should seriously check into hiring one of those RV redesigners to repurpose the cargo space into a bunkhouse for the grandkids. With some imagination, I bet you could come up with something really cool, maybe even some separate media room for watching TV or playing computer games in that area. Spending the money on redesign will be a lot less costly than selling the toyhauler and buying a bunkhouse, I am certain. And it will be unique!
Thats a great Idea, never thought of that, especially since this ones paid for and a new one probably wouldn't be, I;m not far from elkhart In, I'll bet theres a person that knows a thing or two about motorhomes there.
racefn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 03:23 PM   #25

Fleetwood Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
No regrets.
Cat320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 03:34 PM   #26

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
No regrets with this our 4th A at 35' and 3 slides. We travel Florida within 3 hrs from home for 2 to 3 day stays. Stayed with gas for the short miles we put on the coach. No payments and I still run my business.
Old 05-05-2011, 04:22 PM   #27

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
My only regret is that I paid too much for a used coach. OTOH, turns out the folks who had it before us are good friends of some friends, so we know how well it was taken care of. Six of one, half dozen of the other......
baraff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 07:36 PM   #28

Tiffin Owners Club
No regrets here except selling it. But even with that we actually made money, so we used the rig for over a year for just gas
phxmtngirl is offline   Reply With Quote