Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-05-2011, 07:57 PM   #29

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
My only regret is that I didnt buy a bigger newer one when I had lots of spare cash
Bob N Deb is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-05-2011, 08:10 PM   #30

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
My only regret is not be able to use our MH as much as we want to. But hey, we are still tied to jobs right now and it will be paid off a year before I retire for good.
High Plains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 08:18 PM   #31

Tiffin Owners Club
After two 40 foot Monaco DP, quad slides we downsized February 2011 to a brand new (our first) 2011 Allegro Open Road 34TGA. Best move we ever made, amazing coach and meets our every need and then some.
Decision to downsize was based on our love of National Park campgrounds and being able to actually camp in them now.
Also we live in central Oregon and will once again be able to camp locally in our very own Deschutes National Forest. We are excited!
BarkAvenue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 08:25 PM   #32

Forest River Owners Club
No regrets ...almost eight years and 60k miles so far...
AFChap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 08:42 PM   #33

Damon Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
absolutely no regrets.
we were looking at a lesser Class A, when the economy was still doing well and that put us way ahead on floor plans, etc.
then the floor fell out and we waited and were going to stay out....but then it got real bad. I was surfing a rv dealers site for possibly a new fiver and BAM found this bus for pennies on the dollar. IMO I think we practically stole a brand new unit (2008) in mid 09
that had been sitting in a dealers showroom, it had foot traffic wear from folks looking at it.
we were able to get a big step up for 125k less than what it was when it was delivered to the dealer.
we enjoy it, its easier on me setting up and so far its been a good unit
Enjoying the 2008 Damon Tuscany 4056, #3998 no your eyes are fine, there are really 6 slides
2022 F150 King Ranch or 2012 Edge toads

powerboatr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 08:49 PM   #34

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
No regret , sometimes overwhelming, wish we could travel more.
Southernboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 08:51 PM   #35

Monaco Owners Club
Not at all...in retrospect we should probably have brought a smaller "beast" than the one we currently own (would allow us to get into more remote campgrounds), but I can't say we regret the purchase. Second year full-timing and we still love the rig!
Old 05-05-2011, 08:58 PM   #36

Nor'easters Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Workhorse Chassis Owner
No regrets. Bought our first when the kids were 5 and 7. This is our 2nd. Just wish we had the time to take the full summer off and cross country. They're at the best age now, I think, for it. And we're ready to take a long vacation.!!
Purplefans & Harvey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 09:07 PM   #37

Send a message via Skype™ to mariogeneau
Absolutely no regrets. We have our 3 teenagers still at home with us and go camping pretty much every weekend during spring and summer. Glad we can do this with the kids. Growing up way too fast!
Old 05-05-2011, 09:13 PM   #38

Monaco Owners Club
Nope, we've really enjoyed the RVs we've had. We've only been at it for three years and we're in the process of upgrading to our third class A. It would sound like we didn't like the previous two, but that isn't the case.

The first one was kind of our training wheels and we got a lot of use out of it. We learned a lot about how we use an RV and what we'd like to see in ours. The second one was a bit more...more room, power and features. It was an excellent fit and we used it for a couple of weeks per month. The next one is the king of the hill for our purposes. If this one hadn't come along, we would have kept number two for years. The third class A is a 2011 Tour 42QD. Its floor plan and features are well beyond what we would expect in a class A.

I could be wrong, but I don't expect to find one that will surpass the 42QD for our needs and wants. Regardless of cost, I don't know of any other RV that gets our attention like it.
kjburns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 10:11 PM   #39

Forest River Owners Club
yes. any one wanna buy a 1983 pace arrow ... cheap?
oldguyrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 11:08 PM   #40

Winnebago Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
My third over a 22 year period and love the life style, pushing 250,000 miles. This 40 foot DP has been a nightmare of expensive repairs. Very comfortable and drives okay but $700.00 to fix a $12.00 part is a little much. Thinking of down sizing but with economy as it is I would take a terrible, financial bath. Gasser for sure next go 'round.

Don
Grimesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 12:07 AM   #41

Alpine Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Yea, I have a regret....

I regret I didn't do it sooner
mythplaced is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 02:58 AM   #42

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Easyrider View Post
No, our rv brings us great pleasure. I only wish I had more time and the financial capability to use it more than we do. But since I'm still working and paying bills I'm limited in time and money. We hope to retire debt free someday and be able to fulltime. We can't wait to get to that point.

We're in the same boat, with about 7 years of working to pay all our debt off, I sometimes wonder if we'll ever make it! I have also questioned my sanity at times, but I keep telling myself someday it will be worth it. We do enjoy our rig now, but have a hard time but have a hard time affording to go anywhere.
Rod