Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 05-06-2011, 04:31 AM   #43
Absolutely hate our 2002 Fleetwood Fiesta 31H which we bought new in 2001. In fact we hate it SO much we've only put 71,000 miles on it in 10 years.

wackymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-06-2011, 04:56 AM   #44
Winnebago Owners Club
Coastal Campers
No but there have been moments. Over the winter, our first snow birding, we had a few minor problems. Every time we just looked at the rotten weather at home and said it could be worse. Didn't want to spring the dough for new with all the bells and whistles we got and paid it off. I can fix most of the little inconveniences myself so I guess no, don't regret it.

Mark & Nancy
2004 Winnebago Vectra 40KD
Shep dog, R.I.P. Kenzie dog Toad 2015 Jeep Wrangler Willys Wheeler
HD4Mark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 07:46 PM   #45
No regrets, I love the coach an love 'camping'. Just would like to afford a newer one.
98 Beaver Monterey, 3126 Cat
2010 Toyota Matrix on dolly
beachboy27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 09:41 PM   #46
Moderator Emeritus

Vintage RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I regret that we do not get to use it as much as we would like.

Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|Full-Time! - 2012 6.7L Ford Crew Cab Dually -2013 HitchHiker Champagne 38RLRSB - Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 06:03 AM   #47
Right now, yes. 2 week old Newmar had chassis a/c stop working. Have to get it fixed before long trip. I'm sure it will work out - we love coach otherwise.
padre44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 06:22 AM   #48
No regrets, I did my homework got the deal I wanted,stayed in a comfortable budget wife is happy so there is nothing to regret.
2007 Fleetwood Revolution LE 40V
Tha_Rooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 06:28 AM   #49
Monaco Owners Club
No regrets...ordered it built the way we wanted it new and we love it.
Del & Lori & Millie, (our miniature Aussie) 2007 Diplomat 40PDQ - 2009 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, US Gear Unified Tow Brake.
hardy1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 06:36 AM   #50
Florida Cooters Club
Nor'easters Club
Solo Rvers Club
Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
Talking No Regrets !!

Hi All,

Nope no regrets at all from the pop-up, to the Class-C, to this Class-A! Of course there are and always be a problem here and there, but they are small comparied to life in general!! Like otheres when working I always whished I could use it more! However after spending many years growing up & working outside in the cold snowy North! I have just loved the past 4 winters in Fla, as well as the time on the road! Not to mention all the great folks and things you see along the way!! Something you will not find in Air Trave & hotelsl!!!! Speaking of winters in Fla this was Christmas morning 2010 !!

Remember All: LIVE, LAUGH, & ENJOY !!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Christmas Sky1 12-25-10.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	183.0 KB
ID:	10279  
AL, & Mickey "The Boston"! Silver Springs, FL Camping since 1967 and RVing since 1990! A 2011 Keystone Hornet 30RKDS & 2015 Yamaha V-Star 1300 Delux WATCH FOR MOTORCYCLE
AL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 06:53 AM   #51
Vintage RV Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
I've only had the TT a week, haven't even used it yet. I don't regret buying it, just wished I had been more careful about checking out the specs. It was sold as a 17 footer weighing 2550#, it's actually a 19 footer weighing 3600#. Too heavy for my tow vehicle so I have to upgrade that now. Might have been a good thing though. I'm going cross country (15 years too early to retire, I'm doing it while I'm young enough to really enjoy it) in a little over a year. A bigger tow vehicle and the slightly larger TT will make it more enjoyable.
I don't regret the 2 Class Cs I bought and sold at a loss either, I enjoyed remodeling them and camping in them and can't put a price on fun.
Fulltime workamper traveling with Toy Poodles Cricket and Liza and Standard Poodle Gable
decodancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 06:53 AM   #52

just got back from vacation our long trip for this year and figured costs we stopped in Memphis for one night on way down wife's idea and a good one,spent four night's in hurricane mills with two day trips into Nashville then stopped at her aunt's house on way back.
figured all costs against the way we normally vacation either flying or renting a car (keeps the worry of break downs off of me) and motel rooms and eating out.
we came out about the same so driving the rv isn't a regret at all it was really nice being out in the woods instead of a hotel plus being able to bring harley with us

happy traveling
frank,cricket and harley the dog
pwf16129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 08:01 AM   #53
The only regret we have is that we couldn't afford a Phaeton.

We love our Tiffin and would have bought a Phaeton instead of the Allegro Bay if we could have afforded it, but we couldn't. Even so, the Allegro Bay continues to amaze us with how well it meets our full-timing needs.
2015 DRV Tradition 375KPS
2015 Chevy Duramax 3500HD LTZ Dually
Full-timers...Home is where we park it.
Check out our blog: Living Our Dream
paz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 05:50 PM   #54
Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
not one bit plus we met some real nice people along the way and hotels wont let you have a on campfire on thier balcony and we get to sleep in our own bed when we go away
03 damon challenger 329
"the cheapest beach house i'll ever own and can move it when ever we want"
bmanSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 09:02 PM   #55
Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner

We just wanted to get rid of our old one...88 Winnebago Chalet on a Deer Chassis. Great Floorplan, but just a bit tooooo old. Too much money to have everything work as my airplane did
Stopped at 3 Dealers that day. 2 just had USED CAR SALESPEOPLE.... not for me.
The 3rd one was hungry, so he took his time and showed us some different Brands. We ended up ordering the Bay Star unseen, didn't know nothing about Newmar and did not asked for a discount. Didn't know you could do that. Never heard of Newmar company b4. 3 month later it was in our hands and the new owner of our House paid for the Bay Star.
I was lucky to find iRV2 after ordering the Coach, so - that I could take the 101 about RVing

TW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 09:23 PM   #56
Love the lifestyle but eventually got to hate our first rig. It was an '85 Fleetwood Jamboree Spirit Class C with a carburator-equipped Ford 460. Maybe 6 mpg at sea level and 4.5 in the mountains. Carburator is a French irregular verb that means "leave well enough alone". We spent so much on maintenance/repair (manifold re-machining, brakes overhaul) that we figured each overnight cost us about $400.

Stay away from corner beds and pedestal tables. Ours had pedestal holes just bored into the wood floor - no metal supports.

That particular model was only in production one year and we never saw another one! The Firan Telstar looked like it was the same design, but I couldn't be sure. We managed to dump it after two seasons, when gas was still under $2.00, then waited 6 years before we got the rig in our signature last summer.

We really like the Georgetown so far, but only had 19 days out. We haven't de-winterized yet due to my needing spinal surgery a couple of months ago. I've finally got to the point where I can go under the rig to wipe off the levelling jack piston rods before retracting them. I need to back it out of its storage position to get to the house door so we can get started.

We hope to be out there early next month, provided our 13.5 year old Lab doesn't get too sick to travel. We had to limit our participation in the NW Meet & Greet in Anacortes last weekend because she was too sick to leave alone in the house. She's picked up a bit the last couple of days, but is still fragile.

Frank Damp -Anacortes, WA,(DW- Eileen)
ex-pat Brits (1968) and now ex-RVers, as of 08 Dec 14.
frankdamp is offline   Reply With Quote