Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-04-2011, 04:11 PM   #1

Texas Boomers Club
Forest River Owners Club
Regrets on RV purchase?

Do you regret purchasing your latest RV?
DRosedale is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-04-2011, 04:17 PM   #2

Workhorse Chassis Owner
No, our rv brings us great pleasure. I only wish I had more time and the financial capability to use it more than we do. But since I'm still working and paying bills I'm limited in time and money. We hope to retire debt free someday and be able to fulltime. We can't wait to get to that point.
Easyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 04:46 PM   #3

we figured on one long trip a year and many short ones,we bought ours so the wife could take if camping locally within a fifty or sixty mile radius, she spends a lot of time camping but getting more like me as she gets older.
i like to have all the amenities when the day is over she is a tent and good to go or use to b.
so we will take ours out of town this weekend on a 1000 mile trip for vacation , but i budgeted this the week i bought the coach at $4 a gallon so this time we are ok.
now the trip we were going to take it on next year probably won't happen as the 3300 miles will put into the i can drive a car and stay in a motel for half the price range unless we get to stretch the trip out to two weeks then we will take the mh , that is the break over point so we will see when the time comes.
but after being long winded and rambling we bought used and at good price with full knowledge the fuel would probably go up and we are tickled with our choice
best wishes frank,cricket the boss and harley
pwf16129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 04:53 PM   #4

If I could do it all over, I would not have bought this one but would still have bought one. A bit newer with less external cosmetic issues.

2016 Newmar Bay Star Sport 3004
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport Willys
wildtoad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 04:55 PM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I only wish I had bought it sooner.
Old 05-04-2011, 05:02 PM   #6

Yep! I wish we would've bought it sooner! We bought it last spring. Our kids are 15 and 18 now. It would've been great to have when the kids were younger. But..we do plan on upgrading once the kids are out!
heyaim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 06:07 PM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

Regret might be a strong word for it but spending big bucks on a brand new DP in mid 2007 kind of turned out to be poor timing. As I recall, the economy took a bit of a turn just after that. If I knew then what I know now I would have waited a bit and bought used but, hey... I guess I could have bought a lottery ticket too if I was so smart about what was going to happen.

Rick

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
RickO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 06:20 PM   #8

Gulf Streamers Club
Bought a toyhauler in 08, now wife wants bunkhouse for grandkids, guess who wins ??? still glad we get to go on weekends and a couple long trips, just need more room. certainly not complaining, its fun to look
racefn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 06:29 PM   #9

Appalachian Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
No regrets! We got the perfect motorhome for us and we love it.
Old 05-04-2011, 06:38 PM   #10

Mid Atlantic Campers
Forest River Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Nope - just wish I was retired already. I'm ready to go, but I'm not quite old enough to retire. Two more years and I am good to go.
Old 05-04-2011, 07:05 PM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
Regrets? Only One...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRosedale View Post
Do you regret purchasing your latest RV?
Hah! What a loaded question.

My only regret is that Momma didn't remain lukewarm to the notion of RV'ing: now, every time I get home from an airline trip, it almost seems as if she's got the rig pulled out of its berth, checked & loaded, her hand on the key, and ready to embark on another trip! She is a woman obsessed with burning diesel.

Veracity check: I'm writing this in Tokyo; she's got a trip to see this year's crop of Tyler roses planned for the day after tomorrow!!
RVNeophytes2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 07:05 PM   #12

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glassalley52
Nope - just wish I was retired already. I'm ready to go, but I'm not quite old enough to retire. Two more years and I am good to go.
+1
rcatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 07:18 PM   #13

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by heyaim
Yep! I wish we would've bought it sooner! We bought it last spring. Our kids are 15 and 18 now. It would've been great to have when the kids were younger. But..we do plan on upgrading once the kids are out!
X2, this is our third Class A over 25 years and way too many years in between where should have just bought brand new and would still have it. But moving back and forth overseas with the Army wouldn't treat the rig like it should so had to sell each time.
4Knights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 07:23 PM   #14

The only reason I regret is DW and I were looking for new house at same time. The one we wanted the deal was dead on. Figured we'd get one for half the price and went ahead with the MH purchase. Day I paid for the MH , realtor called me and said the lady with this house was ready to deal.
So now I got the MH and the sticks and bricks and that's all good but I got no money for fuel to go anywhere in the MH.
Love the MH and not giving it up but if I'd made the deal on the house first, I would have scaled back the MH purchase a bit.

Other than that, Like the others, I only regret not getting it sooner!
adlerx is offline   Reply With Quote