Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 08-10-2016, 01:16 PM   #15
These replies are getting long. In case you've never noticed, the Peter Principal is still in force, and "managers rise to the level of their incompetence."

I worked for Peter for 18 years, and he was totally incapable--being supported by great support staff.

Peter met is match when he fired a minority employee who was totally incapable. She'd previously been given decent performance reviews in spite of being totally worthless. The young lady came after Peter with her attorneys guns blazing--wanting big money. And she got it.

Then two other ladies that were good employees were looked over on promotions despite degrees. One was the daughter in law of a very rich man, and the other's grandmother was very wealthy. They had the money to fight old Peter.

He finally was put out to pasture in a sales job for the remainder of his career. And to think that 105 employees had such a man in charge of their business lives. It's kind'a frightening.

If you're miserable, don't invest another 11 years. Take your time while you have a job--and find another. You're still a long time away from retirement.

Bamaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-10-2016, 01:50 PM   #16
Your mental health is more important than any job!

Pickelhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 06:13 PM   #17

Thank you for the great replies. Great advice! No job is worth my health and happiness. I could not agree more.

I now have a meeting with the sniveling liar's boss on Friday. I will do my usual and tell it like it is, honestly and professionally of course, and see how it goes. So far his boss seems very concerned and interested as I found out I am not the only one having issues with him. Hoping the karma engine is revving up.
2014 Raptor 300MP, 2014 Cowboy Cadillac - Ram 3500 Crew Cab Long Bed Longhorn 6.7 Cummins Turbo Diesel DRW 4.10 Rear End, Firestone Airbags, Curt Q20.
raineman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 06:18 PM   #18
Originally Posted by baraff View Post
I don't know what your situation is financially, but the only advice I can offer is to get debt-free. Once you have no debt, or at the very least, minimal manageable debt, you are truly a free man and can do what you want.
Admittedly, this is difficult to do in today's credit based world, especially if you have kids and are putting them through school, etc., sometimes debt is necessary. But do you really need the fancy house, the newest vehicles, gadgets, etc?
Become as debt-free as possible and you will find your quality of life will improve drastically.
Great advise!!! If you don't owe, you can go.
1992 Bounder 28T, Chevy 454, Yak Rak
2000 Trackatara
Scottsdale, AZ
mbridinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 08:37 PM   #19
Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Spartan Chassis
Lots of good advise here, and over the years, I have seen several bosses, some great, some fair, and some real horses -ss. I've quit some jobs, I've been laid off, and I've been fired. Regardless of the reason and circumstance, being unemployed was always a terrible time.

I learned if the boss is really bad, they won't last too long. I told one once, " I was here when you got here, and I will be here when you are gone". And I was. My philosophy is: I may not be the smartest guy in the room, but no one will ever out work me. If I am ask to do something, and it is not illegal, or immoral, I am obligated to do it. If I can't then I should check it in. My determination to be the hardest worker, the best in the corporation at my job, with the best support staff in the corporation, helped me survive bad bosses, get promoted, and even earn CEO bonuses.
2007 Newmar KSDP. 3912
2010 Nissan Frontier SE
DGBPokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 09:41 PM   #20
Lots of good replies. One other thing, bad bosses bring out the worse in people. I worked for the GE for 13 years and have had both good and bad bosses but survived. While on layoff and working in another branch of the company in a different city some of my old coworkers were having trouble and each had warned each other the leadman an boss to handle the problem. Two men and one mans wife,get the picture? Well the married man killed his wife with a shotgun and the other worker then went after people but finally left. He was sent to prison for 25 to life. No job is worth working for a bad boss,things happen. Good luck.
1989 mobile traveler 30' MH, 2002 honda valkyrie motorcycle toad,Grants Pass,Or
biker art is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 11:31 AM   #21
National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I worked for a guy once that tried for a year to get me fired as incompetent. Then he got transferred to another office. His replacement in our location was his wife. Without making any changes in the way I did things, I now started getting awards and bonuses and other parts of the office improved. Maybe he had a problem?

2006 Sea Breeze LX 8341 on a Workhorse W22 Chassis with 22.5 Alcoa Alum wheels,
2011 Chevy Colorado 4X4 with Ready Brake
Glenn and Kathy is offline   Reply With Quote