Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-08-2008, 11:27 AM   #1

for a full hookup site.I have toted the 25 gal blue tank to dump 11 times since we got here 8 days ago.I am at a State park on the beach and there is only water/electric.I am not complaining,I like using my own shower,just wish I didnt have to go every 3 days ,4 times.Maybe I should have posted this in the singles forum for a good laugh. I bet 1 person could go 2 weeks without dumping. Still better camping than sitting home.

2006 FOUR WINDS HURRICANE 34N F-53
Frankie is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-08-2008, 11:27 AM   #2

for a full hookup site.I have toted the 25 gal blue tank to dump 11 times since we got here 8 days ago.I am at a State park on the beach and there is only water/electric.I am not complaining,I like using my own shower,just wish I didnt have to go every 3 days ,4 times.Maybe I should have posted this in the singles forum for a good laugh. I bet 1 person could go 2 weeks without dumping. Still better camping than sitting home.

Old 07-08-2008, 12:04 PM   #3

Vintage RV Owners Club
Grey water? How's the ground in the area? Are you right in the sand, or are you in a heavily forested area? If you are in an area where the ground is highly pourous, and has a large amount of plant life AND you are not real close to your neighbors, you could run your shower water out on the ground, but only as you make it, not draining the entirity of the tank on the ground that has already accumulated.

You would of course, need the right kind of dump valve cap, and an assigned garden hose for the job. And be certain to drain it where its not going to wind up in an area where someone would normally set up camp. Usually I route my line into a dense copse of bushes or trees so that the water is coming out directly on their roots (50' of yellow garden hose).

Be certain not to flush any large food particulate out this method, unless you are going to dig a leech pit so as to bury any thing left behind, or scoop it out before you leave.

I use a 3' hose section where I currently reside in my camper to handle the grey water. The grass along side has grown like crazy and the chickens roaming the area will eat anything that comes out that hose (food wise) that I miss by accident before I can get outside to clean it up!
'06 Heartland Bighorn 3400RL Fifth wheel
Follow along with me in the The Journey of
RedneckExpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 12:47 PM   #4

They are a little sensative around here about gray water dumping.I am just venting.It was 95 here today and a long line at dump station.Plus it stinks,not a fun job. I am over it now and you wont hear from me for another 3 days

Old 07-08-2008, 02:40 PM   #5

Nor'easters Club
I say stay in your bathing suit, and have Karen dump water over your head outside. Seems like that is OK (at least in the Adirondacks, where the gray water fine is mega bucks, but outside showering is all the rage) If you actually take your shower inside, you can't dump the gray water. They must figure we are dirtier, if we shower inside.
Old 07-08-2008, 02:47 PM   #6

Frankie, just got back from camping. Camping in Waschula, FL from 1-8 July. When camping I like to have full hookup. Now take a break until next trip. Do not know where yet. Take care
Old 07-09-2008, 11:52 AM   #7

The next couple trips are full hookups.We will be in Seattle next week for a short vacation,cant wait.We are flying , so no sewer worries , woohoo!!!!