Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-21-2016, 09:27 AM   #15

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
As a second option you might consider the Skybell HD. No cloud fees and I think it has better video quality than the Ring:

SkyBell WiFi Doorbell - Answer Door from SmartPhone – SkyBell Video Doorbell

https://amzn.com/B01DLLU13U
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-21-2016, 11:37 AM   #16

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
If you already have an old style ding dong doorbell, you just attach the wires from that doorbell to the ring. If you have the newer digital doorbell there are different instructions, but it does work. It can also be hooked up totally battery powered. I don't remember the battery life, but it is quite long.

We also have 4 other cameras at the house, we prefer the ones from Nest. If you want one to just check bumps in the night that would be better than ring.

Glenn
Old 07-21-2016, 05:35 PM   #17

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonnieTucker View Post
How difficult was the installation? Is it all wireless?

Ronnie Tucker

It's easy to install. You have 2 options one is using the built in battery or if you have a door bell you just connect it to the camera system. I didn't have a doorbell so I installed a bell transform and hooked it up. That cost me about $20. But if you use just the battery you will have to remove it every 1-2 months to charge it. So I did the transformer install.
Old 07-22-2016, 06:01 PM   #18

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
It's either powered by the existing doorbell wiring or runs on the internal, rechargeable battery. It's charged using a mini usb cable. Seems to last a couple of months.
Old 07-22-2016, 06:22 PM   #19

Monaco Owners Club
I have the ring doorbell and it works as advertised.. simple setup and easy to use. I have answered the doorbell from europe! Ring has poor low light functionality. Another cheap/fee solution and use of old android / apple phones is and app called Trackview.. you don't need phone service, just internet and you have a security camera up and running with sound and can make use of an old phone. This is supposed to alert to motion but doesn't work well at that. you can setup multiples and access it from anywhere you have internet or phone service. You can also record the remote image.

Tags
door