Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 04-24-2011, 01:19 AM   #71
Registered User
 
Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Indiana
Posts: 4,954
Quote:
President Obama lashed out at oil companies -- and the tax breaks they get from the government -- for a second day in a row on Thursday and again in Saturday's address.
"Four billion dollars of your money are going to these companies at a time when they're making record profits and you're paying near record prices at the pump," the president said at a Nevada town hall. "It has to stop." ..
Smoke, meet Mirror...


Where's my $900 Billion?
__________________

__________________
Midniteoyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-24-2011, 04:00 AM   #72
Junior Member
 
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 11
We (the tax payers) Subsidize

Why do we tax payers continue to subsidize the oil companies?
__________________

__________________
TWOSHEA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 10:19 AM   #73
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 857
I used the word speculator. Technically, the "market" is controlled by MANIPULATORS. The big MANIPULATORS are those like my example, GOLDMAN. When GOLDMAN spoke the "MARKET" responded. The underlings ,that is, are the ones who responded. The ONLY supply and demand is the SUPPLY AND DEMAND of BUY AND SELL ORDERS in the NYMEX. You can forget the school book definition of speculator.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Midniteoyl View Post
I really, really, would like to know just what some of you think 'Speculating', or 'a Speculator' is....?

__________________
WOODYDEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 10:35 AM   #74
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 857
Any "punishment" dealt against the oil companies is a trick. YOU are the only ones hurt by what I call PUNISHMENT TAXES.

Every single aspect of changing our current fossil fuel usage to a pure hydrogen society has been worked out. You are being kept in the dark by those who don't want it to happen. Yes, not just cars either. Power plants in the gigawatt range WITH storage capability are ready NOW. Mass produced thin film solar panels which can be manufactured cheaply like printing newspapers. The fully working factories are already built and WORKING making mile long solar panels. Every single car, truck and motorhome can be run off hydrogen NOW.

The changeover to hydrogen power will bust this stranglehold of fossil fuels upon us. First we have to break this price manipulation by the MANIPULATORS. Whack ICE now. We have the CFTC rules in place to BREAK THIS PRICE STRANGLEHOLD. Like I said in the beginning. Something stinks.
__________________
WOODYDEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 11:57 AM   #75
Senior Member
 
mythplaced's Avatar
 
Alpine Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: United States
Posts: 1,282
Capitalism and free markets at its finest, ladies and gentlemen..
Take away speculation, and you can no longer have stocks or futures markets.

Microeconomics in action....

People WANT Gasoline and Diesel.(DEMAND)
There is a finite amount for sale (SUPPLY) (notice I said for sale, there is a limitation to refining capacity, there is no shortage of underground oil)
People will PAY the asking price,
The market will find price equilibrium.

Two Options here
  1. Stop Buying
  2. QUITCHERBICHIN.
__________________
Michael (Home base Northern CO)
USED TO HAVE; 03 Alpine 40MDTS Now RVless
http://www.tripadvisor.com/MemberPro...AA11052EA9DBB0
mythplaced is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 01:03 PM   #76
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,358
Quote:
Originally Posted by mythplaced View Post
Capitalism and free markets at its finest, ladies and gentlemen..
Take away speculation, and you can no longer have stocks or futures markets.

Microeconomics in action....

People WANT Gasoline and Diesel.(DEMAND)
There is a finite amount for sale (SUPPLY) (notice I said for sale, there is a limitation to refining capacity, there is no shortage of underground oil)
People will PAY the asking price,
The market will find price equilibrium.


Two Options here
  1. Stop Buying
  2. QUITCHERBICHIN.
its like being hooked on crack; after the first gallon youll do anything to get more. no matter the price; you will lie, , steal and rob to get your fix.
__________________
melvonnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 06:19 PM   #77
Senior Member
 
Dixieray53's Avatar
 
Thor Owners Club
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Belmont NC
Posts: 1,320
Blog Entries: 1
Please...If you want the real truth...check your facts at www.factcheck.org Yes you have to read the whole fact, pro and con. Emails from senders no one has heard of sent to people who won't do their own research, spread like wild fire and HURT this country. I for one will not forward an email, and there are Plenty O' Nuts on both sides of any issue, until I have checked my facts. Fact is, it is what it is, like mythplaced said and I agree... Peace D
__________________
Dickson and Tracy
2016 Thor Windsport 31S
2015 Fusion Titanium Hybrid
Lemon and Tucker the Pups
Dixieray53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 09:52 AM   #78
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 857
Well my guess is that some of you are oil traders.

Use less? What kind of home do you live in? I live in an EARTH SHELTERED SOLAR HOME PAID FOR BY UNCLE SAM. That's by GRANT. I had to prove myself and my concepts before I could get that money. Has your home been on tour by BROOKHAVEN NATIONAL LABORATORY? Mine has. This home was designed in 1978 BY ME, and built BY ME in 1980. I've been saving/NOT USING oil for a long time. I have a PROVABLE conservation record.

What have you been doing?

Use LESS? Interesting since our storage capability is nearly at maximum capacity.

I especially enjoyed the refinery angle. Hmm. How were they able to make enough product when we were using MORE THAN NOW? When they shut down refineries for the winter summer changeover DO WE RUN OUT OF GASOLINE and DIESEL? NO.


You or anyone else did not answer my question>

Tell me the EXCUSE when this took place.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Oil-pr...76769.html?x=0

I just love the "analysts" who skirt around the obvious.

The traitors also excuse themselves for circumventing CFTC.

This is how I see the "mentality" of the excuse makers.

A robber confronts you on the street. He demands that you give him your wallet. You fumble for your wallet because you're scared. You finally hand over your wallet and he shoots you in the chest anyway. You survive. YOU make the excuse "it was my fault I guess, I took too long in giving him the wallet" or YOU make the excuse "well, you know a certain percentage of robbers shoot their victims so it's just statistics I guess". Sounds pretty stupid. I could go on and on with stupid excuses. That's what people do. The population listens to then believes stupid excuses.


You have no SOLUTION.

I'm fed up with the demagoguery. That's what's happening on the news. As I thought, the big investigation, will look at gouging by the station owners and distributors. It's a crock.


About this "MARKET", Stocks or Commodities,either one take your pick it doesn't matter. Take the time to get a copy Rolling Stone mag and Matt Taibbi vs Goldman Sachs article. We can do without THIS VERSION of the MARKETS. An HONEST market would be just fine with me. I think my statements are being extrapolated upon and illogical conclusions being made about what I want.

Something Stinks



Quote:
Originally Posted by mythplaced View Post
Capitalism and free markets at its finest, ladies and gentlemen..
Take away speculation, and you can no longer have stocks or futures markets.

Microeconomics in action....

People WANT Gasoline and Diesel.(DEMAND)
There is a finite amount for sale (SUPPLY) (notice I said for sale, there is a limitation to refining capacity, there is no shortage of underground oil)
People will PAY the asking price,
The market will find price equilibrium.





Two Options here
  1. Stop Buying
  2. QUITCHERBICHIN.
__________________
WOODYDEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 10:10 AM   #79
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,943
It might have been more impressive if you wouldn't have mentioned the Grant , and paid out of pocket like the rest of us. I guess we are paying more for Oil so you could build a house with or dime. How do we get that kind of deal?
__________________
Perry White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 10:18 AM   #80
Senior Member
 
hamguy's Avatar
 
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Mesa, AZ USA
Posts: 1,806
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalynzoo View Post
It is and has always been a case of supply and demand. If we do as some wish, and reduce demand, we will by default give up our motorhomes, our boats, our mobility, and become increasingly dependent on government supplied transportation. Think a system of social values where the government suggests or demands limited use of centrally controlled power resources.
Or: we can increase supply...drill here, drill now. Utilize shale oil. Open Alaska and off coast oil reserves.
Since our current President refuses option two, I can only assume he would prefer option one.
Thus we will probably see increasing prices until after the 2012 election.
It will be interesting to see which course our country will choose to follow.
JMHO

As I have been shown, not this time (S&D cause). There is a big surplus of gasoline right now. The current prices are caused by speculators (perfectly legal). They are hinky due to the world political situation in the Mideast and to a lesser extent, the refusal by this country to allow drilling/pumping of our own oil resources.

__________________
Wretched excess is just barely enough.

2002 Itasca Suncruiser - WH Chassis - 35U - 2006 Jeep Liberty
hamguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 10:33 AM   #81
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 857
What? No pat on the back for saving huge amounts of fuel since 1980?


Perry White--I thought about that. I'm not a liar or a hypocrit. That was 1980 You don't get a grant willy nilly. My GOAL was for EVERYONE to see my idea AND COPY ME. An application for a grant includes the PURPOSE for your application. My ideas work and I LIVE IN IT. My ideas never needed any new "technology". So while everyone else TALKS about what to do I TAKE ACTION. I get it done. Unless you DO what you claim works then all you have done is create more hot air.

Even though the people embraced the home on tour they were too cowardly to live in a home which does not look like everone else's. In addition, they worried about the market value of a radically different home. Back then, getting a loan from the bank for a radical house was an impossibility. Get this, THE BANKS were worried how to pass off the loan to SOMEONE ELSE. Remind you of anything? Not to mention the interest rates then. I did kick in the proceeds from my previous home. It's a HOME NOT AN INVESTMENT. People don't get it.


Take my inclusion of what I did in 1980 as a challenge to get out there and fix this ridiculous price gouging situation. I can't say who to talk to without violation of the IRV2 rules.

Perry, You can't get that kind of deal. Ronald Reagan cut off the funding of the Department of Energy in 1980. His idea was for business to take care of this conservation we now think is new. Well, that went NOWHERE. I still admire President Reagan. I save every video speech I find on the internet. Still business killed conservation.




Quote:
Originally Posted by Perry White View Post
It might have been more impressive if you wouldn't have mentioned the Grant , and paid out of pocket like the rest of us. I guess we are paying more for Oil so you could build a house with or dime. How do we get that kind of deal?
__________________
WOODYDEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 10:54 AM   #82
Senior Member
 
Freightliner Owners Club
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Western WA
Posts: 1,051
This morning the EPA forced the shut down of a rig in Alaska that had been in progress for over two years and lose the huge investment in that project. This is not about supply and demand, the speculators are doing what speculators do. The problem is political! Policies to destroy the US Energy industry are being pursued openly and agressively and too few people are demanding their elected representatives force a change! Where is all the political outrage we saw in 2008?
__________________
'07 Winnebago Journey 34H, ISB-02, MH2500
Toad - '08 Ford Taurus X
Blue Ox, Aventa
US Gear UBS
FleetMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 12:46 PM   #83
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 857
That link to Yahoo below doesn't work.

Oil price tumbles on supplies and Goldman pullback - Yahoo! Finance

Still want to know what the excuse is.




Quote:
Originally Posted by WOODYDEL View Post
Well my guess is that some of you are oil traders.

Use less? What kind of home do you live in? I live in an EARTH SHELTERED SOLAR HOME PAID FOR BY UNCLE SAM. That's by GRANT. I had to prove myself and my concepts before I could get that money. Has your home been on tour by BROOKHAVEN NATIONAL LABORATORY? Mine has. This home was designed in 1978 BY ME, and built BY ME in 1980. I've been saving/NOT USING oil for a long time. I have a PROVABLE conservation record.

What have you been doing?

Use LESS? Interesting since our storage capability is nearly at maximum capacity.

I especially enjoyed the refinery angle. Hmm. How were they able to make enough product when we were using MORE THAN NOW? When they shut down refineries for the winter summer changeover DO WE RUN OUT OF GASOLINE and DIESEL? NO.


You or anyone else did not answer my question>

Tell me the EXCUSE when this took place.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Oil-pr...76769.html?x=0

I just love the "analysts" who skirt around the obvious.

The traitors also excuse themselves for circumventing CFTC.

This is how I see the "mentality" of the excuse makers.

A robber confronts you on the street. He demands that you give him your wallet. You fumble for your wallet because you're scared. You finally hand over your wallet and he shoots you in the chest anyway. You survive. YOU make the excuse "it was my fault I guess, I took too long in giving him the wallet" or YOU make the excuse "well, you know a certain percentage of robbers shoot their victims so it's just statistics I guess". Sounds pretty stupid. I could go on and on with stupid excuses. That's what people do. The population listens to then believes stupid excuses.


You have no SOLUTION.

I'm fed up with the demagoguery. That's what's happening on the news. As I thought, the big investigation, will look at gouging by the station owners and distributors. It's a crock.


About this "MARKET", Stocks or Commodities,either one take your pick it doesn't matter. Take the time to get a copy Rolling Stone mag and Matt Taibbi vs Goldman Sachs article. We can do without THIS VERSION of the MARKETS. An HONEST market would be just fine with me. I think my statements are being extrapolated upon and illogical conclusions being made about what I want.

Something Stinks
__________________
WOODYDEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 01:20 PM   #84
Registered User
 
Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Indiana
Posts: 4,954
Traitors????

Really?


Sorry, its getting a little thick in here...
__________________

__________________
Midniteoyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Diesel and Gasoline MPG vs current pump prices 94-Newmar iRV2.com General Discussion 3 04-16-2011 06:05 PM
Ford Gasoline & LP Fuel V10 to Power Class 1 - 7 Chassis in the 2012 Model Year DriVer RV Industry Press 1 07-17-2010 08:08 AM
Why oil prices will tank Hitchhiker iRV2.com General Discussion 46 12-07-2008 04:53 PM
Gas and Diesel Prices Need to be Regualted Ron B iRV2.com General Discussion 45 05-10-2008 09:49 AM
Diesel, Gasoline Prices Hit Record Highs allendp iRV2.com General Discussion 2 03-12-2005 05:46 AM

» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:39 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.