Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-25-2011, 01:35 PM   #85

Oh gee, Must be a Freudian Slip.

That's right Un American.

It's amazing how a supposedly ethical person runs a business unethically with the false premise that's it's justified by making believe That's how business operates and he's not connected in any way.

Tell people that who grew up with handshake deals that Being honest is just some silly concept.

How about contributing a solution?

I don't just complain. I make a statement, back it up best I can within limits and state what I would do. My suggestions would work.

Explain the Yahoo reference. It's HISTORY of the Goldman claim I made.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midniteoyl View Post
Traitors????

Really?

Sorry, its getting a little thick in here...

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-25-2011, 03:39 PM   #86

Arrow

Name:   jerry.gif
Views: 214
Size:  2.0 KB

In before the LOCK

Old 04-25-2011, 07:41 PM   #87
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by WOODYDEL View Post
How about contributing a solution?

I don't just complain. I make a statement, back it up best I can within limits and state what I would do. My suggestions would work.

One great thing about this country is that anyone with ideas they believe in can run for office... get elected... and work toward "change". The time might be right for you to lay out the details to the American people of how 'every aspect of converting from oil to hydrogen' have been worked out and how you have "walked the walk" so admirably for so many years.

With the way things have been going it just might resonate with a lot of folks and you could find yourself President in 2012. Social networking media can be a great equalizer when it comes to financing a campaign.

Rick

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
RickO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 10:40 PM   #88

Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Sounds like a great idea!!

Least when they actually check up on him, it wont a mansion consuming $40000 worth of power
Old 04-25-2011, 10:54 PM   #89
Moderator Emeritus

My point exactly...

Rick

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
RickO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 08:56 AM   #90

Why bother typing anything here? STAN OVSHINSKY. NOT ME! A VIABLE answer to get away from fossil fuels. Keep ignoring it.

What have YOU done to conserve resourses?

It's obvious that in this microcosm of America, the forum, There are no ideas floating around. As I learned NOBODY GIVES A .......

It's amazing how people dance around simple questions. Like they weren't asked.

I will always supply an answer your CLEVER reply. You just got an answer to your "question/suggestion". Now it's your turn.

When I read the negative remarks, I'm wondering when they will change to being positive remarks with an original idea included.

Enjoy that oil I saved for you since 1980.

Enjoy your high priced gasoline and diesel. You all EARNED IT without doing a thing. As some have said, get used to it.

How many of you "STOLE" money for your solar panels? Here the jerks dished out $37,500 (free) for a 10K system. The payback is so far into the future, most will be dead before that payback will even happen. Is THAT a logical demonstration for others to follow? How many houses could have been built as energy savers instead of wasters? People in general are too stupid to stop their idiotic actions.

So NOW after all these years I joined the PACK. I have a nice gas guzzling motorhome on purpose. I'm going to suck down as much as I can before I kick off. I'm going to ignore my intrusive conscience and stop driving at 55-57 MPH to conserve. I should stop attempting to get others to do likewise. Heck, why did I even think saving heat in a motorhome would be a good idea? Just make as much as you need, that's the ANSWER.

I'm getting the idea that worrying about the whacked out price of fuel is an unpopular idea. Enjoy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickO View Post
One great thing about this country is that anyone with ideas they believe in can run for office... get elected... and work toward "change". The time might be right for you to lay out the details to the American people of how 'every aspect of converting from oil to hydrogen' have been worked out and how you have "walked the walk" so admirably for so many years.

With the way things have been going it just might resonate with a lot of folks and you could find yourself President in 2012. Social networking media can be a great equalizer when it comes to financing a campaign.

Rick
Old 04-26-2011, 09:26 AM   #91

Lets get a committee to investigate that.
John H... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 09:29 AM   #92

What kind of fuel are YOU using to motor around this great country? Are we supposed to just stay home locked up because fuel gets too high? 1980??? Wasn't that when Jimmy Carter was in office and screwed up the oil?
Old 04-26-2011, 09:39 AM   #93

Alpine Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Quote:

Seems we humans never learn from our mistakes.
Truer words were never spoken
mythplaced is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 09:49 AM   #94

Alpine Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superslif View Post
It's all part of the game. "The rich get richer & poorer get poorer". The only problem is were are all forced to play..
One problem:

What is the definition of "Rich" and Poor"

Ask 1000 people and you will get 1000 different answers..
Ask Dwaraka in Bhopal, and he will say that the the Family of three who makes $10/hr and lives in government subsidized housing (projects) in Philadelphia is Rich..

Ask my Daughter with 3 kids, and she will say I am rich.
My answer is that anyone who can not obtain the "necessities of life" (Food, Clothing, Shelter, Medical care) due to circumstances BEYOND their control is "POOR", the rest of us are "RICH"...

Our Western society has had it good for so long we have lost our perspective.

JUST MY OPINION.
mythplaced is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 11:42 AM   #95

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Pardon my verbosity! And I intend no harsh criticism because I generally agree w/you.

Quote:
Well my guess is that some of you are oil traders.

So what?

Use less? What kind of home do you live in? I live in an EARTH SHELTERED SOLAR HOME PAID FOR BY UNCLE SAM. That's by GRANT. I had to prove myself and my concepts before I could get that money. Has your home been on tour by BROOKHAVEN NATIONAL LABORATORY? Mine has. This home was designed in 1978 BY ME, and built BY ME in 1980. I've been saving/NOT USING oil for a long time. I have a PROVABLE conservation record.
You have done something few of us can easily do. My home was approved by a P&Z back in 1958 or 9. It is stick&brick, not Earth Sheltered.

What have you been doing?

Use LESS? Interesting since our storage capability is nearly at maximum capacity.

I especially enjoyed the refinery angle. Hmm. How were they able to make enough product when we were using MORE THAN NOW? When they shut down refineries for the winter summer changeover DO WE RUN OUT OF GASOLINE and DIESEL? NO.

Not true. We in Arizona have the most variety of blends in the US AFAIK. The Phoenix area has 4-5 different blends during the year and only one pipeline (Near Tucson) to supply. In addition, you don't stop one and start another blend at the drop of a hat.

You or anyone else did not answer my question>

Tell me the EXCUSE when this took place.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Oil-pr...76769.html?x=0

I just love the "analysts" who skirt around the obvious.

The traitors also excuse themselves for circumventing CFTC.

Without searching the entire thread, what is CFCT?

This is how I see the "mentality" of the excuse makers.

A robber confronts you on the street. He demands that you give him your wallet. You fumble for your wallet because you're scared. You finally hand over your wallet and he shoots you in the chest anyway. You survive. YOU make the excuse "it was my fault I guess, I took too long in giving him the wallet" or YOU make the excuse "well, you know a certain percentage of robbers shoot their victims so it's just statistics I guess". Sounds pretty stupid. I could go on and on with stupid excuses. That's what people do. The population listens to then believes stupid excuses.

You have no SOLUTION.

Raising hand and yelling "I do, I do!" Open all drilling on our continent. Just the knowledge that we are able to supply our own will scare the speculators into lowering prices. I'd bet on it. And the ploy that it will take 10 years doesn't wash. Had we done that 10 years ago....Well....? It reminds me of a situation from years ago. I decided I wanted to go back to school and get an advanced degree. I mentioned it to a friend and told her, "but I will be 52 when I get out. She replied, well you will be 52 anyway)" I now have my Doctorate.

I'm fed up with the demagoguery. That's what's happening on the news. As I thought, the big investigation, will look at gouging by the station owners and distributors. It's a crock.

I agree 100%. If you listen to many media pundits, you become convinced it is either GWB's fault, or EVIL OIL!

About this "MARKET", Stocks or Commodities,either one take your pick it doesn't matter. Take the time to get a copy Rolling Stone mag and Matt Taibbi vs Goldman Sachs article. We can do without THIS VERSION of the MARKETS. An HONEST market would be just fine with me. I think my statements are being extrapolated upon and illogical conclusions being made about what I want.

Something Stinks

Again, I agree 100%.

2002 Itasca Suncruiser - WH Chassis - 35U - 2006 Jeep Liberty
hamguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 11:01 AM   #96

Thor Owners Club
Interesting post about todays drop in oil prices. I have not vetted the whole post but believe this is what is really happening to American oil...Peace and Happy Reading ....D

RE-POST, BUT Needs to be reiterated!!!
We need to repeal the Commodity Futures Modernization Act of 2000 and The Financial Services Modernization Act of 1999 and get speculators out of the oil market!
Three years ago most investment banks were on the brink of extinction. Lehman Bros, Bear Stearns and 427 other banks went belly up. Banks that did survive received bailout and Tarp money from the federal government. The banks took our taxpayer money and invested in commodities and in the currency market. By January the oil market had hit bottom; oil was selling for $34 a barrel. So the banks and hedge funds invested in oil, betting that it would go up. After all, they had been previously successful in driving up the price to $140 dollars a barrel. They began hoarding oil, storing it in tank farms and on supertankers.
Then the bankers hired an army of oil traders to bid the price of oil up. Even though world consumption was down, they were successful at pumping oil up again with the resurrection of the big lie of "peak oil" and a few geopolitical crises'. Oil is now selling at over 100 dollars a barrel.
Instead of the price of oil being determined by supply and demand, the oil and currency traders now control the price of oil. These American and international bankers didn't believe that the Obama administration would be successful combating the crisis that these very banks created. As the deficit grew and the treasury printed more money to bail out the banks, their traders and analysts declared the Obama administration dead on arrival when it came to the economy. They bet that the US dollar would lose its value. The US dollar has lost between 25-30% in the last four years. They bid it down and they made lots! Their cynical efforts to make a buck impoverished all of us by devaluing our currency. When your currency becomes devalued, the cost of everything goes up, especially oil and other commodities.
The banks scored twice; first by betting that oil would go up, then shorting the greenback, insuring that oil would go up. Don't forget, we loaned the banks the money to do this, and for years those banks have made record profits.
Two years ago there was still a lot of idle money around that was frightened of the stock market, and the insolvency of banks. That money was put into the commodity markets and fueled the rise of the price of commodities world wide. It's been a good couple of years for Goldman Sachs, J P Morgan, and their commodity and currency trading subsidiaries. A bright guy who ran an oil trading subsidiary for Citi Bank made 100 million as compensation. Their hoarding practices have started to be emulated by other countries; we now see China, The US, and others building vast oil storage facilities to take advantage of climbing oil prices. OPEC, big oil and the bank's speculative efforts have and will cost American consumers billions.
Then there is the continued greed of oil producers. With the price so high, think of the money to be made! Problem is, there is no place to store it anymore and everyone continues to pump it out of the ground. And world consumption continues to be low.
Those of us who heat our homes, drive our cars, and use oil products in a myriad of ways, are paying way more than we should. And we have been for some time. Bernie Madoff ripped off his clients to the tune of 50 billion dollars, a monumental theft. So what do you call this oil market that has taken 50 times that amount? We have paid $2.5 trillion dollars more than we should! The irony of all of this is that we the taxpayers provided the seed money for this, the greatest rip off in history.
All of this hoarding and manipulation needs to end. Call your elected representatives and ask them to repeal the Commodity Futures Modernization Act of 2000 and The Financial Services Modernization Act of 1999 and get speculators out of the oil market!
Lemon and Tucker the Pups
Dixieray53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 03:07 PM   #97

Monaco Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by mythplaced View Post
Capitalism and free markets at its finest, ladies and gentlemen..
Take away speculation, and you can no longer have stocks or futures markets.

Microeconomics in action....

People WANT Gasoline and Diesel.(DEMAND)
There is a finite amount for sale (SUPPLY) (notice I said for sale, there is a limitation to refining capacity, there is no shortage of underground oil)
People will PAY the asking price,
The market will find price equilibrium.

Two Options here
  1. Stop Buying
  2. QUITCHERBICHIN.
I'm really not bichin but I have enjoyed reading this thread. I offer some food for thought. I recently read some articles about speculation and learned some interesting things. As we know traders or speculators don't buy and sell oil. They deal in contracts or paper. I'm not very smart but as I understand it these commodity contracts are bought on margins. As an example if you can buy a contract on a 10% required margin you're only risking $10,000 dollars of your money on a $100,000 contract. If the margin is raised to 25% you now have to risk $25,000 of your own money. Raising the margin requirements would take out some of the pure speculation because of the greater risk to the speculators cash. That would leave the consumers who actually use the product setting the price. Raising margins has been done it the past. We have a growing number people asking why not raise the margins on oil and let the consumers (airlines are an example) set the price (supply and demand).
Knotdodger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 03:39 PM   #98

Thor Owners Club
I read and i think posted the recent increase of 25% for domestic, and 23.8% for Brent crude to buy on margin. It should help some. But read my above post. If there is money to be made...someone will find a way to to it...regardless...right or wrong...legal or illegal...Greed will be our downfall...and if isn't checked soon....Well I don't know...Peace....D

Lemon and Tucker the Pups
Dixieray53 is offline   Reply With Quote