Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-21-2011, 02:35 PM   #15
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
What was a gun and clip doing in a previous trip? Was it just in the suitcase and in the trunk of a car? Lot of protection there, huh? Now that the information about a clip and 7 rounds has come to light, the decision to ban him from the ship for at least that cruise may be a wise one.

Also think of how easy it is to make a zip gun out of common parts. A tube, a nail, and a way of striking the bullet in the tube. No, you will not get rapid fire, but the consequences are still there.

Have to look at the bigger picture. Personally, if I had been traveling on that cruise and heard about this happening, I'd be a happy cruiser - hoping it made me safe.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-21-2011, 04:45 PM   #16

It was a small bag that he keeps a gun in his girlfriend took the gun out the clip was in a side compartment she loaded her stuff in it and did not know the clip was in there.These are good Church going people he is 26 years old never been in trouble Why did they not do a background check or check his record instead of not letting him board they told him if he paid by credit card the credit card company might refund his money
I think RCCL needs a little better customer service dept.
Rodneykrantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 05:03 PM   #17

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
This will be my last comment. The terrorist that piloted the plane on September 11th were good church going people also.

RCCL may have erred but they erred on the side of safety and until we take responsibilities for our actions we will continue to make it someone else's fault. RCCL is not in the business of doing background checks and I cannot imagine what that would add to the cost of a ticket to perform background checks on 50-75,000 passengers per week or are you suggesting only checking those that show up with a clip holding 7 bullets.

I bet he'll pack his bag himself next trip. Interesting thing, I've never had my luggage checked on any of the 20+ cruises but maybe I've never met their profiling requirements either.
Old 10-21-2011, 10:20 PM   #18

National RV Owners Club
Maybe the cruise should have confiscated the ammunition and let him board but that is in the past. I don't think we have the entire story and not enough information to place complete blame for the outcome on the cruise line. My wife and I took a cruise last year and the security was a mad house. I can easily visualize an incident like this getting out of hand. Hundreds of people going through security and a rare thing like bullets are discovered. I suspect the training of the security staff is limited. Based on what I have read mistakes appear to have been made but I don't think we should blame it all on the cruise line. I tend to feel sorry about the outcome but the bottom line is it was his baggage and he is ultimately responsible for what it contains, no?
1ciderdog is offline   Reply With Quote