Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-27-2012, 06:48 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAZ View Post
I mentioned that I needed my site space that he should park his van like i parked my jeep and he just walked off.

I have been biting my tounge. We did talk to the manager and turns out they are leaving tomorrow. We think we will just have fun with him tonight. I like all the ideas and I think we is going' to have us a bonfire tonight.
One of us would be going to jail
henderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-27-2012, 06:49 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelone View Post
I do not see any grass?
You know what I mean.... it's very clear in a campground where vehicles are to be parked and where they aren't.Generally, in front of, or behind an RV, NOT beside. Look closer at the pic, there's one little green patch UNDER the van.
rvguy40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 06:56 PM   #17

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I would tell him, "hey, we're going to have a campfire tonight. You might want to move your vehicle." And then do it. In a big way.
baraff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 06:56 PM   #18

TAZ, I'd never suggest or condone anything remotely resembling vandalism ( well not in public or on here anyway )..but.... it would be a dang shame if their electric breaker tripped repeatedly through the night..or their TV mysteriously changed channels while they watched.... or racoons raided their site....(wink wink ) Lets face it... some people just deserve to be messed with because they bring it upon themselves. LOL !
Old 07-27-2012, 07:00 PM   #19

Monaco Owners Club
I guess if a guy was feeling really mean he could wake up to two drivers side flat tires in the morning, a loose valve core is hard to find. Can't believe I just said that, thinking out loud again I guess. Jim
Old 07-27-2012, 07:02 PM   #20
TAZ

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Had a little chat with the neighbor. He has three other campers with him and they all have a couple of extra vehicles. Said he had no other place to put it. Guys across the road pointed out that there was extra parking next to the pool for second vehicles. So he spent 15 minute walking around aimlessly like a lost puppy. Looking at how he could pull it this way or that. The guys across the road where rolling on the floor as I started to dowse the wood with lighter fluid.

Guess what is missing in this picture:

He finally moved it before I put the lighter to it. He pulled it into the site to my left and asked me to let him know if anyone showed up tonight.

Improvise, adapt and overcome... "Semper Fi"
TAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 07:02 PM   #21

Never mind. Tell your better half "nice table cloth". That's one of the first thing my wife breaks out. Then spends all her time trying to keep it from blowing off.

Did you catch anything for supper?

Bet you don't get much sleep tonight.How many are in that popup?
Perry White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 07:07 PM   #22
TAZ

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by rvjimmy View Post
I guess if a guy was feeling really mean he could wake up to two drivers side flat tires in the morning, a loose valve core is hard to find. Can't believe I just said that, thinking out loud again I guess. Jim
That was the DW idea...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvguy40 View Post
TAZ, I'd never suggest or condone anything remotely resembling vandalism ( well not in public or on here anyway )..but.... it would be a dang shame if their electric breaker tripped repeatedly through the night..or their TV mysteriously changed channels while they watched.... or racoons raided their site....(wink wink ) Lets face it... some people just deserve to be messed with because they bring it upon themselves. LOL !
DW wanted me to kink their water hose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by baraff View Post
I would tell him, "hey, we're going to have a campfire tonight. You might want to move your vehicle." And then do it. In a big way.
Settled on this idea...

Old 07-27-2012, 07:09 PM   #23

Maybe you could consider treating them as your equal. No they may not have a fancy MH but there are people there and people in your home. I would suggest you treat them as you would want to be treated, and who know maybe a friend for life.
Bizprocoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 07:10 PM   #24

LOVE IT ! Good job TAZ..... and please tell the DW that I like the way she thinks ! LOL
Old 07-27-2012, 07:11 PM   #25

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Great idea. I still like the idea of his electric breaker going off - at about 2 am if you know anyone that might be up.
historyljc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 07:12 PM   #26

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bizprocoach View Post
Maybe you could consider treating them as your equal. No they may not have a fancy MH but there are people there and people in your home. I would suggest you treat them as you would want to be treated, and who know maybe a friend for life.
Do unto others as you would have them do unto you. In this case do it first with a bigger stick.
Bruce Dickson 2013 Thor Challenger 37GT, 5 Star Tune, Safe-T-Plus Steering Control with Air Trim, Roadmaster front and rear Sway Bars, SuperSteer rear Track Bar, Crossfires, 2018 Honda CRV . Full timers since Jan 2012.
bdickson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 07:15 PM   #27
TAZ

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bizprocoach View Post
I did treat him as my equal. First I would never pull into someone else's site. Second if asked I would gladly move my vehicle. I had made an effort to pull mine well into my site.

If he had even asked, itwould have made a difference. I think it is because he was here first that he felt he had the right. He probably had been parking it here all week.

Old 07-27-2012, 07:17 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickest1
If he is partially on your site then I would just tell him to move it. If that didn't work I would talk to the management. You pay for your site, and as small as they are he can park on his own or move on. Good luck.
I agree, if this guy is on your site and refuses to move when confronted, this is a campground management issue. If the campground refuses to get involved...... they clearly do not "value" your business and they have violated their business contract with you.........I'd be asking for a refund! (good luck on that one)

Again easy for me to say but, .....(1) I would leave in the morning, (2) I would let the campground management know that I planned to post this matter on every RV Forum & campground review site I could find, & (3) if they are members of some campground affiliate or rating group (Woodall, Good Sam, AAA, etc..) I'd report them, (4) I would be making it my mission in life to let everyone know about "how" they treat campground guests.....(5) Oh ya....and I would definitely hold my breath until my face turned blue!

Good luck with the fire thing!
Jack1234 is offline   Reply With Quote