Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-27-2012, 08:20 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bizprocoach View Post
Maybe you could consider treating them as your equal. No they may not have a fancy MH but there are people there and people in your home. I would suggest you treat them as you would want to be treated, and who know maybe a friend for life.
I wholeheartedly agree... Im a lover, not a fighter... HOWEVER...I wouldn't pull my vehicle onto someone elses site, and expect them to try and make friends with me..... fancy motorhome or travel trailer or tent, makes no difference. we're all campers and in this together..and some common sense and common courtesy goes a Looooooonnnngggg way with fellow RVers. I even shut my genset off before entering a campground so as not to make too much noise,or stir up dust. I'm not expecting a medal or anything...just sayin.....

rvguy40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-27-2012, 08:49 PM   #30
TAZ

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I normaly would give anyone the shirt off my back. But I had to put his mirror in after DW hit her head on it setting up for dinner.

I agree with going the extra mile for others. One time someone pulled in next to me and left the genset running. They went to dinner then returned and was all upset that he was so inconsiderate. It was no big deal to us but we spent the night sipping some scotch that I had. We all make mistakes but it is how we respond that makes the difference.

Improvise, adapt and overcome... "Semper Fi"
TAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 08:55 PM   #31

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAZ View Post
I normaly would give anyone the shirt off my back. But I had to put his mirror in after DW hit her head on it setting up for dinner.

I agree with going the extra mile for others. One time someone pulled in next to me and left the genset running. They went to dinner then returned and was all upset that he was so inconsiderate. It was no big deal to us but we spent the night sipping some scotch that I had. We all make mistakes but it is how we respond that makes the difference.
I'm waiting for the first time I screw up and not play nice in the sand box out of my own lack of experience. I'm certain it will happen. But, I would hope that I wasn't so clueless to "not get it". If that happens, I hope I get the chance to make amends and if I had to, bring the scotch.
Old 07-27-2012, 09:54 PM   #32
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by athuddriver View Post
I'm waiting for the first time I screw up and not play nice in the sand box out of my own lack of experience. I'm certain it will happen. But, I would hope that I wasn't so clueless to "not get it". If that happens, I hope I get the chance to make amends and if I had to, bring the scotch.

Funny how meeting new friends over a beverage seems to calm things right down and make everyone seem more reasonable. Rather than a rude neighbor, we had the perfect neighbors on our initial shakedown (ie: first night in the coach) trip close to home.

Total and complete newbies that somehow managed to back a new 40DP into a pretty tight spot between the trees and to the edge of a lake... on the first attempt. But, we were obviously very new with the dealer stickers still showing everywhere.

Just after we had managed to get set up, we heard the strangest sound coming from around the front of our coach. Turned out to be our next door neighbors on their way over... shaking a pitcher of martinis as they walked.

They welcomed us to RVing and gave us some great tips and overall advice.

Rick

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
RickO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 12:30 PM   #33

Oh, TAZ,
You mean your lady bumped her head on the mirror and it wasn't broken?
For shame...............................I expect better from a Jarhead.
rmmpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 01:24 PM   #34

Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
The sites are tight. But he does not need to park in our space.
I dont get it.. if he's in your space, TELL him to move it and then hit the office and TELL THEM to tell him the move it.. Why this 'wait and see'?

Starting a fire would only create a big problem..
Old 07-28-2012, 03:56 PM   #35
TAZ

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midniteoyl View Post
I dont get it.. if he's in your space, TELL him to move it and then hit the office and TELL THEM to tell him the move it.. Why this 'wait and see'?

Starting a fire would only create a big problem..
I tried subtle hints. Tried the nice approach. Talked to the office and they did not have the time. So I took a less subtle approach. This morning the office apologized for not jumping in. They had not realized that they had six cars on their three sites. They pulled out this morning. We are all still laughing over it.

Ran into some old friends today so it has made for fun conversation. Small world when we keep crossing paths. I made a point and no one got hurt.

Old 07-28-2012, 04:25 PM   #36

I'm a little more disappointed hearing all the 'if it was me' suggestions than the guy causing a little trouble. My Mom always taught me that " 2 wrongs don't make a right ". There is bad apples in everything including RVing but don't make it the whole bushel and don't try and tell me that alcohol makes it all better either.
Old 07-28-2012, 06:48 PM   #37
TAZ

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by TdogKing View Post
I'm a little more disappointed hearing all the 'if it was me' suggestions than the guy causing a little trouble. My Mom always taught me that " 2 wrongs don't make a right ". There is bad apples in everything including RVing but don't make it the whole bushel and don't try and tell me that alcohol makes it all better either.
Oh we are all having a little fun. It is frustrating and the best therapy is to vent. It is unfortunate that there are so may rude and clueless people out there.

I appreciate all the support of my fellow irv2'ersout there. And I did have some fun watching him squirm a little.

Old 07-28-2012, 07:31 PM   #38

If you cannot handle it youself, this forum sure aint gonna cure it LOL>
Old 07-28-2012, 07:38 PM   #39

Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by mick View Post

Old 07-28-2012, 07:40 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick View Post
This forum can't cure it, but it can sure help you see a little humor in most situations.
Old 07-28-2012, 08:43 PM   #41

Taz, this is the kind of camper that if you gave him the shirt off your back he would want your pants too.
What you did was exactly right and if he had any sense he would not have parked there in the first place.
You can't teach stupid.

Mike
Old 07-28-2012, 08:53 PM   #42
Senior Dude

Forest River Owners Club
Quote:
We are at Shenandoah camoground in Verona VA. Nice stocked trout pond and river that circles the campgound that we drift around in tubes.

I was going to build a fire in the fire ring. How big should I build it?
I'd make sure he could see the flames over the top of his van!