Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-25-2018, 08:12 PM   #1

Angry RuralKing.com

Do not do business with RuralKing.com.
I purchased an item and called later the same day to cancel the order.
I was told “no problem, the item hasn’t shipped yet”.
Two days later I receive an email stating the item was shipped.
I contacted RuralKing and was told the “customer care department” would contact me with return instructions.
It’s now been over a six weekday and they are still telling me the sam BS. PayPal was no help. So, I disputed with the CC company.
RuralKing.com is an unsavory business doing shady stuff.
STAY AWAY from them.
96 Softail is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-25-2018, 09:23 PM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Did you call their 1-800 number?

I'm just saying, that's a lot of harsh words. I would imagine that a group like this drop ships a lot of stuff, it's hard to warehouse everything they sell. Computer systems + employee errors happen.. I'd give them a little grace, I'm positive they weren't "out to get you"

Running an online business is technically more difficult than you think. Frankly, you chose not to go to a local store and just buy your item there.... Unsavory is pretty tough language, they weren't duping grandmas's out of their retirement savings.. that's unsavory. What you're describing is just sloppy business.
RVM#78 - -USAF- F-15 Eagle Radar Vet
'5 Fleetwood Revolution- '15 Airstream Intl Sig. 27FB
Jay, Andrea, Stella '14 Ram 3500 Aisin '18 ORV F30RLS
plasma800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2018, 10:44 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by plasma800 View Post
Did you call their 1-800 number?

I'm just saying, that's a lot of harsh words. I would imagine that a group like this drop ships a lot of stuff, it's hard to warehouse everything they sell. Computer systems + employee errors happen.. I'd give them a little grace, I'm positive they weren't "out to get you"

Running an online business is technically more difficult than you think. Frankly, you chose not to go to a local store and just buy your item there.... Unsavory is pretty tough language, they weren't duping grandmas's out of their retirement savings.. that's unsavory. What you're describing is just sloppy business.

Got the same BS on the phone that I have via email. So far as my choice of words goes, that’s my decision.
I won’t give any company “a little grace” after they’ve given me the BS run around for 6 weeks.
I don’t care how difficult running an online business is, that is their choice. Also, I don’t care how their shipping works, again their choice. They need to give me return instructions / RMA and a refund. Anything less is unacceptable.
I assume you would be fine paying for an item you don’t want / need? Especially an expensive one? And not being able to return it?
Old 02-26-2018, 05:48 AM   #4

Ford Super Duty Owner
I've been doing business with RuralKing for a few years, never any problems..
Waiter21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 06:45 AM   #5

Had a similar situation with Lowes. Ordered a faucet online. After a week it hadn't shipped and I canceled the order. No problem. Three days later, sorry, already shipped but you can return at the local store. 4 days later, no faucet, actually hadn't shipped. Was told after so many days they just say it shipped, whether it did or not. Eventually got the faucet and spent 45 minutes at the service desk trying to return it.

Now after all that I was pretty upset with Lowes. Did Lowes have their act together, no. Still I wouldn't call them an 'unsavory' business. Sometimes stuff happens.
Old 02-26-2018, 09:41 AM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 96 Softail View Post
Got the same BS on the phone that I have via email. So far as my choice of words goes, that’s my decision.
I won’t give any company “a little grace” after they’ve given me the BS run around for 6 weeks.
I don’t care how difficult running an online business is, that is their choice. Also, I don’t care how their shipping works, again their choice. They need to give me return instructions / RMA and a refund. Anything less is unacceptable.
I assume you would be fine paying for an item you don’t want / need? Especially an expensive one? And not being able to return it?
I'm sorry, I misunderstood you meant 6 weeks, thinking instead you meant 6 days. I'd have shipped the item back at week 1.5.

I also didn't understand from your first message that you had actually received the item, thinking they had stopped the shipment, but just hadn't refunded your money.

I'm assuming you haven't shipped the item back because you are waiting on an RMA number? If I were in your shoes, I would ship the item back even without an RMA number. On the label I would list whomever I talked to as the RMA. ATTN/RMA JANET or whatever.

That way you have a tracking number that you returned the item. How many times did you call them asking for an RMA? Personally, I would have called them 3 times a day, every single day until they complied or just started hanging up on me. If that didn't net me an RMA number, I'd have shipped it back anyway, and then started calling 3 times a day once I see it's arrived. If that didn't net me a refund in 4 days, I'd call my credit card company, give them the return tracking number and move on.

Do you have an account on their site? Their return policy states that you can start the return process through your account center.

Of course I would not want to pay for an item that I changed my mind on and cancelled prior to shipping. I would have handled it a bit different, definitely not giving it six weeks. Hopefully I could have caught it on delivery and refused the package, that would have been ideal. Their refund policy states 30 days, and a 20% restocking fee, and you get to pay return shipping. It seems unusual that a company of this size would be so sloppy. Sorry you're going through this. I feel for you, I know it's frustrating.

Without a return tracking number, your credit card company will likely side with the store. I'd ship the item today, and then call your credit card company and update them with the tracking number.
Old 02-26-2018, 09:52 AM   #7

Quote:
Do not do business with RuralKing.com.
I purchased an item and called later the same day to cancel the order.
I was told “no problem, the item hasn’t shipped yet”.
Two days later I receive an email stating the item was shipped.
I contacted RuralKing and was told the “customer care department” would contact me with return instructions.
It’s now been over a six weekday and they are still telling me the sam BS. PayPal was no help. So, I disputed with the CC company.
RuralKing.com is an unsavory business doing shady stuff.
STAY AWAY from them.
Quote:

So has it been over 6 weekdays? Or over 6 weeks? Seems we all make mistakes. Are you unsavory for trying to mislead us?

You know you could have just refused the delivery; then they would already have it back.
aether_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 04:24 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfryman View Post
So has it been over 6 weekdays? Or over 6 weeks? Seems we all make mistakes. Are you unsavory for trying to mislead us?

You know you could have just refused the delivery; then they would already have it back.
Not trying to mislead anyone. Yes, it’s been six weeks. It was that darned auto correct thing happening (and my lack of proof reading).
I was not at home to refuse delivery, it was just dumped on my porch.
To answer a post above, I have shipped items back without a RMA and had just as much hassle trying to get my refund. The reason stated was “we did not authorize your return”. Again, had to get the CC company involved to effect a resolution.
I’m done with “middleman” companies. From now on I will go to the manufacturer to order my items, even if it costs a few bucks more.
Old 02-26-2018, 04:36 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waiter21 View Post
I've been doing business with RuralKing for a few years, never any problems..

The same goes here. Never a problem. In my opinion a first class operation.
Then again when I place an order it is for something I want or need and have no intention of cancelling the order.
Why did the OP cancel the order anyway?
Lynn
Old 02-26-2018, 08:20 PM   #10

Fleetwood Owners Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Not trying to mislead anyone. Yes, it’s been six weeks. It was that darned auto correct thing happening (and my lack of proof reading).
I was not at home to refuse delivery, it was just dumped on my porch.
To answer a post above, I have shipped items back without a RMA and had just as much hassle trying to get my refund. The reason stated was “we did not authorize your return”. Again, had to get the CC company involved to effect a resolution.
I’m done with “middleman” companies. From now on I will go to the manufacturer to order my items, even if it costs a few bucks more.
Yeah I hear you, I’d ship it back. If your cc company asks, tell them the lady on the phone told you to send it back to her attn,

It’s hard to find really good companies. They’re out there though, like b&h photo, or tulsachain.

I ordered some tie down straps from tulsachain, my mistake, ordered the wrong part... I emailed, two hours later a lady emailed me saying she shipped the ones I meant to order and asked me to ship the others back, no questions asked, no extra charges, zero delay. I was way impressed!
Old 02-27-2018, 12:13 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by LETMGROW View Post

The same goes here. Never a problem. In my opinion a first class operation.
Then again when I place an order it is for something I want or need and have no intention of cancelling the order.
Why did the OP cancel the order anyway?
Lynn
The reason is not relevant to the thread. And I'm sure you have NEVER returned anything you've purchased.
Old 02-27-2018, 12:35 AM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I'm curious....What was it you ordered?
Arch Hoagland is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 04:56 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch Hoagland View Post
I'm curious....What was it you ordered?
Again, that is not relevant to the thread.
However, it appears what you all are trying to find out is
how much the item cost. With shipping it was nearly $600.00.
Maybe you'll be more sympathetic to my cause now?
Old 02-27-2018, 06:51 AM   #14

Sorry you are have problems with your order. Normally it is a easy to process returns, but then again I normally have Rural King items dropped off at the store and I pick them up from there.

I've ordered quite a lot of feeders, seed fertilizer, fencing and farm gates from Rural King and other than one ordering screw up, which was a mistake in their computer inventory/shipping system, I've had nothing but a positive experience.

And the free popcorn ain't bad either
2006 Fleetwood Discovery 35H, 2014 Honda CR-V, M&G Engineering Braking System
Bigd9 is offline   Reply With Quote