Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-25-2012, 10:07 PM   #15

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by UFO Pilot View Post
I never dreamed of making money with my wife's blog and wouldn't know how anyway! My wife folows a log of RVer's blogs and none of them make money at it?
Easiest way is to get an adsense account on google. Pays per click. Gives you automatic code you put on your site. Targets specific ads according to where the user has gone (cause google knows everything, and internet privacy is a fantasy.) At one time my lil camaro forum was bringing in a hundred a month. Then google caught on that everyone on it was exiting via the google link...

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-26-2012, 01:23 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriVer View Post
Please also consider posting your Blogs here on iRV2.com. This is the place for all things related to RV'ing. Internet search engines are keyed into our Blog content and the global tag cloud will show the key words that are being searched for.
I honestly did not know that IRV2 has an actual blogging platform for its users!

Thanks for pointing that out!

RogueRVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 02:22 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelingIt
"...The vast majority of RV blogs that I follow have no ads or revenue income...
I would agree as well, only because 'monetizing a blog' is the farthest thing on a new bloggers mind...but even if it was, the way of going about is not as straightforward as some might think!

Quote:
"...mine included!
Only because it's not allowed on Wordpress.com...with the exception of Amazon Associate Links...or one already has an established blog with a good amount of returning visitors and then decides to become an Wordpress VIP!

Quote:
"...Typical readership is simply not that high...
Depends on what you're blogging about and how you go about setting up your blog!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTotem
"...While Facebook is very popular I am against the data mining they encourage...
Like they're the only ones!

Not sure about you, but I got a lot of spam in my inbox, as well as my share of JUNK MAIL in my mailbox LONG BEFORE Facebook came around, so SOMEONE was mining my data all those years!

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFO Pilot
"...I never dreamed of making money with my wife's blog and wouldn't know how anyway...
I'm a firm believer in that age old quote...."Where there is a will...there is a way!"...but that's just me! :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimM68
"...Easiest way is to get an adsense account on google. Pays per click. Gives you automatic code you put on your site...
Yes, setting up Google Adsense is easy, but there's more to it than just installing a little piece of code and then sitting back and waiting for the checks to roll in! You have to be writing content based around what people are looking for, based on various search terms and levels of competition and a few other key ingredients!

Quote:
"...Targets specific ads according to where the user has gone...
Close...the Google Ads are based on the CONTENT of the blog/website in question! Thus, if you have a website that is based around "knitting" or "underwater basket-weaving", for example....then the ads that Google displays will be based on THAT given topic!

Google is all about being relevant. Thus, you won't see ads for "Home Loans" on a blog about Chevy Corvettes!

RogueRVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 09:21 AM   #18

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:

hmm... I follow your blog. You have ads. Several. They don't look like ones wordpress has put there either, though I guess they could be.

Check pioneerwoman. She's the ultimate blogmonster.

Not that I have a problem with anyone turning an honest buck...
I have no adds on my blog. In fact Wordpress.com (= free blogs hosted by Wordpress) specifically prohibits revenue income from ads on their blogs unless you're really big and become a VIP. I have 2 links (to hitch itch and RV resources) which are free exchanges (they link me, I link them) and one link to my husbands blog (investing for a living) which is also on Wordpress.com and so not monetized. I would have to take my blog to a private (paid) host in order to monetize it and that simply hasn't been a priority for me. Maybe one day, but not now.

Again I have no problems with people who monetize their blogs, but my experience is just that most RV bloggers don't.
Old 04-26-2012, 09:32 AM   #19

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueRVer

Only because it's not allowed on Wordpress.com...with the exception of Amazon Associate Links...or one already has an established blog with a good amount of returning visitors and then decides to become an Wordpress VIP!
Even the use of amazon associates is very, very limited on Wordpress.com. You can only do it if you're writing a post specifically dedicated to the product, and even then you have to be careful. Very hard to monetize a Wordpress.com blog.
Old 04-26-2012, 10:25 AM   #20
iRV2 Marketing

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Very interesting ....

In regards to the Blogs that are posted here, I have a lithiums test that I apply.

Blogs are stories. The content can be the writer's own personal point of view, opinion or experience however what separates the Blog from the chaff is one little thing .. Does the entire content of the 1 or 2 line Blog appear to be a call for help and does it end in a question?

Calls for help and or questions are best handled in one of the many forums that are available. The forums will have a zillion more views than the Blogs so if you do have a question, it is most likely that it will get answered by several members a whole lot quicker.

Feel free to Blog here your stories are always welcome. there is a little used tool or function here and that's "Rating a Blog!" The ratings go from 1 to 5 stars. On facebook you can only like something, here you can have variable opinion from 1 to 5 stars. Don't be afraid to share an evaluation with the OP. It could serve to improve the message and encourage the writer to continue Blogging.

One of our best Blogs are the contribution from SUMDALUS about RV electrical systems. A 5 Star Blog in my opinion and very worth while reading.

RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote