Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-28-2003, 03:52 AM   #1
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Man what a can of worms we just opened up huh folks. I remember during the first National Convention we played in Myrtle Beach and I didn't know the difference between an E club and a 3 iron. Apparently when I was looking at the club ~ I thought it was an E.

But one thing though I did win the prize for closest to the pin. We also have zillions of pictures of the game we had, the most fun I had in years. Maureen won for the best "crappy" shot and was awarded a toilet seat.

So how many RV'ers out there focus their RV'ing around golfing? How long do you stay on the road and where do you travel?

<font color=blue>03 Winnebago 38G/Workhorse W22 "¢ 22.5" Tire "¢ Adventurer
02 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS
Aventa II "¢ Brake Buddy
Nor'Easters
"We Will "¢ 343 "¢ Never Forget"</font color>

<font color=red>88 "¢ Robert Yates Racing "¢ 38
</font color>
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-28-2003, 03:52 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Man what a can of worms we just opened up huh folks. I remember during the first National Convention we played in Myrtle Beach and I didn't know the difference between an E club and a 3 iron. Apparently when I was looking at the club ~ I thought it was an E.

But one thing though I did win the prize for closest to the pin. We also have zillions of pictures of the game we had, the most fun I had in years. Maureen won for the best "crappy" shot and was awarded a toilet seat.

So how many RV'ers out there focus their RV'ing around golfing? How long do you stay on the road and where do you travel?

<font color=blue>03 Winnebago 38G/Workhorse W22 "¢ 22.5" Tire "¢ Adventurer
02 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS
Aventa II "¢ Brake Buddy
Nor'Easters
"We Will "¢ 343 "¢ Never Forget"</font color>

<font color=red>88 "¢ Robert Yates Racing "¢ 38
</font color>
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2003, 09:22 AM   #3

Took up golfing to spend more time with DH, then we both took up camping! Most weekends in the summer we search for courses near the CG. Especially in the smaller towns, you can get a great bargain. And we've golfed (courtesy of my company) at some of the most outrageous clubs in North America and Mexico! For example, three weekends ago we camped at Sunset Lakes Resort (a CTC CG) and played at Byron Hills (Illinois), which was really comparable to the Grand Geneva/The Brute (Wisconsin) in vistas, but a far cry at $36 vs $170!!

Tons of websites out there help the search:
http://thegolfcourses.net
http://www.golfguideweb.com

Once we convert to full timers and our dream 'fiver, I'll bet my game will get better and better...and maybe I'll break 100!

DH '49
texacokat
DS '87
DD '82
ND the camping Peke '87
02 Rockwood 2518G
01 Jeep Grand Cherokee

texacokat
texacokat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2003, 09:42 AM   #4
Moderator in Memoriam

Monaco Owners Club
Great question Mike....
Being that we have a pop-up and an explorer, unless i have advanced plans to play , I have to leave the clubs at home. I played in the 2003 Rally tourny and had closest to the pin and our team won 1st place, we had a super time . I cant wait till we get to TX. all that humidity in TN. slowed down how far I could hit a drive .

Because of my time in the service and our travels , I have played golf in Alaska, TN. GA.FL.IL.AZ.CA.and NM lots of great coursesand super fun. I hate to brag, but I have had 2 hole -in-ones

Jim (SSG US Army Ret.) and Cheri (TSG Phx ANG ) Mesa ,AZ
99 Coleman Bayside
Old 10-31-2003, 02:34 AM   #5

Can not imagine going RVing without our sticks! Pudge and I plan our spring trip specifically to play golf, usually in Gulf Shores Alabama. We have been going there in the spring and sometimes the fall for about 6 years. I also go with the guys in February to Gulf Shores. When go to the Rocky Mountains I always make plans for the two of us to play at various golf clubs. Golf and music just go hand and hand with us. Music, what music---we both play mountain Lap dulcimers, and Pudge also plays the auto harp and a hammered dulcimer.

Tom Holberton
In Cincinnati
Gulf Stream, Palm Breeze

In Hot Springs Village, AR
Tom Holberton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2005, 05:23 PM   #6

Clubs are standard equipment for our fiver, ski in the winter, golf all over CO mountains in the summer. We like small town courses for the savings and uncrowded conditions. one routine trip we take is the "high mountain 9 hole road trip" which includes the original nine at Copper Mountain then on to Leadville, Buena Vista, Salida, St Andrrews in Westcliff, Holldot in Old Colorado City then home to Patty Jewett in Colorado Springs. If you come from the south you can start at Trinidad municipal nine. One diamond in the rough is in Alamosa for 18 late in the fall (no bugs by the river)after the KOA I closed, just ask and park in their lot, You'll wake up to breakfast, deer on the fairways and wonderful fall colors, great way to relax with the game.
skicamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2005, 02:22 PM   #7

Our clubs take prime spots in our storage bins!

We live in the center of some of the world's greatest winter golf courses... but when we travel in the summer we are always looking for places near a good course. That's a major part of why we spend 2 months on the Monterey Penninsula each summer. Compared to the winter rates here, their rates are pretty reasonable on most of the nice courses. July and August are the "foggy" season there... but compared to 110 degrees at home.. we love it!

We are spending 6 weeks in Oregon this summer and there are lots of nice little courses (and some great ones) along the coast.

We leave in a few weeks.... I can smell the ocean air already!

Our homes on the road
JudyandJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 04:33 AM   #8

Our roaming is just about done, we've pretty well seen the U.S.A. and Canada. We are not beach bunnies, our physical attributes just sagged away, so our six months on the road, give or take a week or two, are spent near some good golf deals!

Last two years we wintered in South Western Georgia, in Albany, great campground at less than haf the price of Florida and golf deals too good to be true when compared to the outrageous prices charged in South Western Ontario.

Gotta Love it, and yes, we both golf, sort of!

2006 32' Sunny Brook
rehcuobbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 07:56 PM   #9

I just feel bad after 18 holes getting back to the RV and my wife is still awake.
Rob  W is offline   Reply With Quote