Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-01-2010, 09:59 AM   #127

Monaco Owners Club
How friendly it becomes here is totally based on how strictly "friendly" is enforced. We are not talking about two different Countries here, we are talking about two websites and what is allowed and what is not and how it is policed.

If people are uncomfortable with heated discussion and strong differences of opinions then this is the better place to be.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-01-2010, 11:03 AM   #128

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
I usually start my day on rv.net. I check the active or new threads to see if there is anything of intrest or anything I can comment on then I move over here and do the same . I usually find more threads on rvnet that I can comment on than here .I do however like the ongoing walmart thread and hope it stays active.

Bob N Deb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 11:18 PM   #129

Frankly, I don't think the two forums (fora?) are that different. Each has its resident smart-guys and comedians. Moderation on RV.net can sometimes seem a bit arbitrary, but retribution isn't as quick as it is here!

I find enough difference in expertise and style to consider the two to be complementary rather than competitive. SWMBO thinks I spend entirely too much time on both of them!
Old 08-02-2010, 11:53 AM   #130

Mid Atlantic Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgetown350 View Post
The people over there are just like us. Its friendlier here because all the not so friendly posts get deleted.
Ok, maybe I should have said the atmosphere on here is friendlier.
Old 08-22-2010, 10:21 PM   #131

Newmar Owners Club
I visit both forums daily. However I only feel comfortable posting here. There are too many examples of the moderators having their favorites on the other site. A non-favorite can post a response and have it deleted while the favorites can post the same thing and be blessed.

I honestly feel that the members here appreciate informative posts while the members on rv.net would rather argue who has the biggest "stick".
Old 08-23-2010, 10:58 AM   #132

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyghost View Post
I visit both forums daily. However I only feel comfortable posting here. There are too many examples of the moderators having their favorites on the other site. A non-favorite can post a response and have it deleted while the favorites can post the same thing and be blessed.
They only accept posts that lean left. And a "favorite" would NEVER post a right leaning comment.

2002 Itasca Suncruiser - WH Chassis - 35U - 2006 Jeep Liberty
hamguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 12:44 PM   #133

Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamguy View Post
They only accept posts that lean left. And a "favorite" would NEVER post a right leaning comment.
You may be correct. No one would ever accuse me of "leaning left" and I cannot imagine that I'm a "favorite" there either. I've been on that board a long time and have 1000s of posts. It was only on a couple of the Wal-Mart threads a couple of years ago that I've ever had my posts deleted. I think that those threads and gone so far South that they just wholesale deleted everything. I have not been shy about wading into controversial topics like the HOA ones that appear about every 3 or 4 months.

IMHO, it isn't as much what is said as the manner in which it is said. Some just never seem to be able to present an opposing view without some sort of snide comment or personal attack against the "opposition." I don't know of a single board that will tolerate that. RV.NET went through a period when a lot of threads got out of control all in the same time period for the personal attacks. They've gotten more vigilant, as they should be.
chasfm11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 10:19 AM   #134

rv.net

It seems as though people here don't visit very often. There's only a few posts on any given day. Hardly any 'talk' since July/August.

There's usually new stuff on rv.net daily ... just making an observation.
Old 09-13-2010, 11:05 AM   #135

National RV Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I agree with the fewer responses post..It seems as if,myself included sometimes,some people are just content to sit back and watch even though they may have something worth commenting on.I have been on RV.net for a long time and ,for me,after checking my email,it's the first place I go..We participate in at least two rv.net NW rallies a year,one of which I'm the annual wagonmaster,and several just fun camp-outs.
I used to be on the FTE forum,but since I sold the Excursion and Cougar TT,I'm pretty much over that one. ( I do miss my '01 PSD "EX" with all the add-ons tho and the Trailblazer I have for a toad just isn't the same.)
I have gotten some really good info from here and will continue to do so.. Hey,that's how I found about Camp Freightliner and Mike Cody. Also met some great people there too.
bigdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 12:38 PM   #136

If you go up to the top of the page and click on "New Posts" you will usually find several pages of posts. If you are like me though, you have closed sections that have no interest to you, (like Truck Campers, Motor Homes, etc.) and you will see ALL of them in new posts.
BTW, no insult intended to Truck Campers, Motor Homes, etc. I just have no interest in them.
Old 09-13-2010, 06:23 PM   #137

Quote:
Originally Posted by marielw824 View Post
It seems as though people here don't visit very often. There's only a few posts on any given day. Hardly any 'talk' since July/August.

There's usually new stuff on rv.net daily ... just making an observation.
Just because there are a lot of posts doesn't mean it's anything new, or better. There are some that just post their .02 just to get their post count up so they get changed to "senior member" or whatever. When you look at their posts you'll see, it's nothing new. Then they try insult me because my status is "new member." Even though I've been a member there for over a year. It's just that my post count is below the number needed to change my status. Like I care. I think it's kind of pathetic for a guy to insult me calling me a "new member" (and the text of his post went on to elaborate his insult) when I read his posts and see all the worthless junk he posts.
Old 09-19-2010, 11:36 AM   #138

I'm not new to rving but kinda new to the rv fourms,
I am a member on rv.net as well as serveral others, I happened to find this fourm earlier this week and signed up, I was a bit disappointed that I could not use my username here as it was to long???
Anyways I do visit all the sites and do a lot of reading like most of us but also will post or reply to threads of interest, I can understand both sides of this thread as I owned 2 fourm sites some years ago and had to find the sweet spot to make everyone happy, of course you can not make everyone happy all the time as I learned real fast, I have learn a lot about our toyhauler from all these sites and I want to be the first to say if it was not for all this info either good or bad I would have not been able to educate my self or my wife on things, The fact is that if it was not for rv.net I would have not found the toyhauler that we now own, but I will have to say that I have posted replies to some threads and they have been shut down right afterwards, now is it because what I replied to the post that got it shut down, who really know's nor do I want to get it that much thought, I got better things to think about, I do like this fourm site so far but I'm a newbie here, and I have not found to much info pertaining to our particular toyhauler, but that will change in time I'm sure of it,
I have no bad commits about rv.net nor any other fourm site so far
the only thing I'm bummed out about is that I can not use my original username on this site
which is norcalrockhunter
because its to long
Old 09-22-2010, 02:58 PM   #139

Texas Boomers Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Coastal Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by norcalrockhunter View Post
I have no bad commits about rv.net nor any other fourm site so far
the only thing I'm bummed out about is that I can not use my original username on this site
which is norcalrockhunter
because its to long
Have you looked at your post? If I am not mistaken, it is the same as the one you have listed as your original username.
Welcome to IRV2 , I also look at several different forums and learn a lot from all of them.. just have to sort out the info..

"Travlin with a song and prayer"
Me n Slowpoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 03:03 PM   #140
Community Administrator

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
It's a software bug that we were able to work around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MENSLOWPOKE View Post
Have you looked at your post? If I am not mistaken, it is the same as the one you have listed as your original username.
Welcome to IRV2 , I also look at several different forums and learn a lot from all of them.. just have to sort out the info..

Route 66 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
heartland