Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-18-2010, 05:15 PM   #71

From the time in 2002 that I realized full timing was for me I used RV.net as my college to learn all about RV'ing. I received a thorough education. I do not think iRV2 had yet come into it's own then. I still go there but have found iRV2 to be more interesting now. I have full timed since 7/06.

ralper is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-19-2010, 12:52 PM   #72

I go to RV Net daily..sometimes very informative at times,,just joined here and really like it,,,great information..
Bill

Old 05-19-2010, 01:26 PM   #73

Alpine Owners Club
I use it frequently as I do several other RV related sites.
Old 05-19-2010, 01:32 PM   #74
rf4

Winnebago Owners Club
I also just joined here.

I have been a long time member of rv.net and some other forums. I personally know 2 of the mods at rv.net - they have a hard job to do for no pay at all. yes, there are a few there that make it difficult for the others as when one gets a bad rap, they all do.

I agree that at rv.net there seems to be some favorites who post whatever they want and get away with it. Such is the human race!! I have several online friends there and will continue to visit the forums that I like and ignore the ones I do not like.

I was invited to join another group who calls themselves an rv group, but really has more political interests than rv'g. I don't go there much any more. Whoo talk about flaming!! If your political views aren't the same they darn near set you on fire!!
Old 05-20-2010, 11:56 AM   #75

I go to it for the Mexico forum and there isn't one here. I come here to see the veterans forum and usually don't check anything else. I have gotten really tired of "can I tow it with my 1/2 to PU" or "am I overweight" so don't usually go to any other sections
Old 05-20-2010, 01:43 PM   #76

A lot of traffic on RV.net and good info, same on this forum. Check them all, pick what you like and ignore the rest. Don`t give up on a whole forum because of a few things that are disagreeable.
Old 05-23-2010, 06:38 PM   #77

Solo Rvers Club
Jayco Owners Club
I go to rv.net, I used to be on there all the time till the mods started nit picking every little thing. I quoted the name of the rv from the movie RV (big rolling turd). Me saying the word turd to them was like somebody shooting the President, they said I could get suspended for it not being family oriented, and just other nit picky stuff I didn't care for, and so far these forums have been more friendly, and active mods who do more than just moderate, they get to know people, irv2 got a great first impression from me.
Old 05-23-2010, 06:45 PM   #78

Send a message via AIM to Ernie Ekberg Send a message via Yahoo to Ernie Ekberg
I see where people quote the names of businesses that work on rvs. I tried to say that for my flooring business and got shot down. I'm just a one horse old guy trying to stay afloat. Makes ya wonder
Old 05-23-2010, 06:46 PM   #79

Newmar Owners Club
RV.net and family friendly is an oxymoron.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 09:21 PM   #80

Winnebago Owners Club
I use any forum that might answer my question. Sometimes I'll get no answer here but do get an answer on another forum. Some things are very year and model specific and it pays to post in more than one forum. I do have to say that I do not like the way posts are organized on some forums. This forum is very easy to read and do searches compared to some. Joe
Old 05-24-2010, 07:15 PM   #81

I use it daily just for general rv information don't post there much anymore. I am finding more and better information on irv2. Over there you seem to see the same questions every other week.

Two Sons Age 22 & 20
scanlonj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 08:05 PM   #82

Winnebago Owners Club
To clarify...

Quote:
Originally Posted by azloafer View Post
I use any forum that might answer my question. Sometimes I'll get no answer here but do get an answer on another forum. Some things are very year and model specific and it pays to post in more than one forum. I do have to say that I do not like the way posts are organized on some forums. This forum is very easy to read and do searches compared to some. Joe
To clarify...I meant that iRV2 is the better organized forum and my main interest. Joe
Old 05-24-2010, 09:52 PM   #83

Quote:
Originally Posted by rf4 View Post
I also just joined here.

I have been a long time member of rv.net and some other forums. I personally know 2 of the mods at rv.net - they have a hard job to do for no pay at all. yes, there are a few there that make it difficult for the others as when one gets a bad rap, they all do.

I agree that at rv.net there seems to be some favorites who post whatever they want and get away with it. Such is the human race!! I have several online friends there and will continue to visit the forums that I like and ignore the ones I do not like.

I was invited to join another group who calls themselves an rv group, but really has more political interests than rv'g. I don't go there much any more. Whoo talk about flaming!! If your political views aren't the same they darn near set you on fire!!
Chris.
high desert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 09:58 PM   #84

Winnebago Owners Club
This forum is enjoyable because of RV Roamer, Gary from the Ocala National Forest.
No offense to anyone else.

Tags
heartland