Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-10-2008, 04:47 PM   #15

I finally gave up on rv.net along with the other sites of Affinity group. The server problem has been going on for too long (a year or better that I know of) and complaining on deaf ears seems to be the normal.
I posted my last post a few weeks ago complaining on the unreliability of there site and my post was deleted. Seems that they only want participants that support (or talk positive) about there sites.

There are numerous other forums that are much more reliable.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-10-2008, 05:13 PM   #16

I was on RV.net a few minutes ago and everything was going along just fine. UNTIL I tried to log into my third message thread. It was then that the system slowed to a crawl and refused after repeated attempts to find the thread. I too am done being frustrated with that site and will spend more time here. I come to these sites to learn and share information, not to get angry and frustrated because of the unreliability of the site.
Kazoo Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 04:00 AM   #17

I was on yesterday and it worked fine. I also a update each day.
Old 03-11-2008, 05:14 AM   #18

Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
As Joseph correctly pointed out, the entire structure support RV.NET and all of its portals is antiquated and, IMHO, poorly maintained. The rumor is that the single individual who had the greatest knowledge of the servers and the application left and that the replacement team is just not up to the task. Affinity would not be the first business caught up as a victim of their own success with a system that was architected for half of the current volume.

If you are not experiencing access or posting problems with RV.NET, you are simply one of the lucky ones. I've all but given up posting there because 75% of my attempts time out. When enough people do that and the volume drops way down, Affinity may decide to take corrective action.
chasfm11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 08:24 AM   #19

I guess I am one of the lucky ones as I do not have any problem getting into the forum. However, frequently a post will not take, or within a given categorical forum, navigation becomes very sluggish. I don't go there often enough to really care. I just log off and go back to IRV2.com.
Izzyblueye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 08:45 PM   #20

Alpine Owners Club
I've tried RV net a few times, BUT......

iRV2 just feels like HOME
Old 03-13-2008, 03:39 AM   #21
Administrator in Memoriam

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">iRV2 just feels like HOME </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well put.

We thank all the members for their support.

Route 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 10:09 AM   #22

Workhorse Chassis Owner
They have been having trouble for 3-4 years but REFUSE to acknowledge it. They are too busy making sure no post contains anything resembling a pro-conservative viewpoint.

2002 Itasca Suncruiser - WH Chassis - 35U - 2006 Jeep Liberty
hamguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 05:32 PM   #23

Location: Atlanta, GA. , South Beach, FL. Naples, Fl , Coral Gables,FL.
george henry is offline   Reply With Quote