Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-09-2008, 07:23 AM   #1

I've been trying to log into RV.Net for the past couple of days and can't get in. In fact I can't even get on the site at all. Is anyone else having the same problems?

Kazoo Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-09-2008, 07:23 AM   #2

I've been trying to log into RV.Net for the past couple of days and can't get in. In fact I can't even get on the site at all. Is anyone else having the same problems?

Old 03-09-2008, 07:51 AM   #3
doc

Appalachian Campers
yep!! To be so 'big' that crowd has some major server problems that need addressing
Old 03-09-2008, 07:53 AM   #4
JC2

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Kazoo Tom:
I've been trying to log into RV.Net for the past couple of days and can't get in. In fact I can't even get on the site at all. Is anyone else having the same problems? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

See if this link helps by going through the MH Mag website The regular link to RVNet seems to have been problamatic for a long time. Don't know if it's the equipment or if the people responsible for upkeep have become compacent. Makes you appreciate the caliber of the people responsible for running IRV2.
http://www.motorhomemagazine.com/boards/index.cfm
Old 03-09-2008, 08:38 AM   #5

They have been having trouble for some time now, and it does appear to be getting worse. Last three days it nas not worked for me . Thank you for irv2.
becks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 09:49 AM   #6

I have also had a lot of trouble with it. I click the site and if it doesn't come up I move on. I don't even like post there anymore you type in the message and then go to post it just to find out you wasted your time and have to redo it the next time you get on maybe.

vamnan250
Old 03-09-2008, 10:42 AM   #7

Must have fixed their problem. I just tried it at 2.40 pm Sunday, 03-09-08 and it took less that 2 seconds to open.
Old 03-09-2008, 11:03 AM   #8

Location: Atlanta, GA. , South Beach, FL. Naples, Fl , Coral Gables,FL.
Old 03-09-2008, 11:26 AM   #9

<span class="ev_code_PURPLE"> I have trouble on that site too every now and then. It has been bad the last couple of days. Sometimes I wish this forum was as busy as that one is...but then we wouldn probably have the same kind of server problems if it was. </span>

~Shannone & Chad [/COLOR]
Lil'Darlin1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 12:09 PM   #10

Send a message via MSN to FatDog
i had the same thoughts last night as i was sitting at the little italian restaurant in my neighborhood,
it seems that pretty much the whole of our small neighborhood gathers there every thursday and saturday nite and has for many years now, 16 years for me,

i told mike, the owner, that i didn't know if i should spread the news of their great spot or keep it a secret i love it so very much,

this forum has the same charm

( the owner of the restaurant bought me a shot after i told him that ..... )
FatDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 12:54 PM   #11

Thanks for the replies, glad to know it isn't just something in my system. I will agree, iRV2 seems to have the best connection, and the best participants.
Old 03-09-2008, 04:35 PM   #12

Vintage RV Owners Club
Send a message via ICQ to RedneckExpress Send a message via AIM to RedneckExpress Send a message via MSN to RedneckExpress Send a message via Yahoo to RedneckExpress
Unlike fairly small forums, like IRV2, Natcoa, ThisOldRV, and so on, the Affinity group's forum is spread across multiple sites and servers as various portals. According to alexa, on average the rv.net portal itsef recieved between 70,000-100,000 hits a day.

I wasn't able to do a direct comparison to irv2's forum as infopop.cc is a hosting company, and the alexa system will only compare the primary site.

The RV.net system is a cold fusion based forum that wasn't a really highly efficient design to begin with. Combined with having to sync multiple databases rather than one centralized one with a skin loaded on it for each portal, the whole architecture lends itself towards periodic breakdown. Ever more frequent breakdowns as traffic goes up.
'06 Heartland Bighorn 3400RL Fifth wheel
Follow along with me in the The Journey of
RedneckExpress is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 09:37 AM   #13

Wow I only had a couple of problems with them in the past I just close my browser and reopen it and it goes thru strange and they were shutdown for a couple of hours this morning for some retooling but it is up and working pretty good now.
Old 03-10-2008, 10:07 AM   #14
Administrator Emeritus

We had our own set of "issues" several weeks ago and chalked them up to growing pains.... We've made some changes as far as servers and such and feel we've addressed the issue for now.... For the record, here are just a few of our February stats.
These numbers fluctuate a bit, but at least it's something to look at. You'd certainly have to consider more than one month's worth of data to compare anything.

Total Page Views: 1714252
Avg. Page Views/Day: 61223

rebelsbeach is offline   Reply With Quote