Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 12-07-2013, 11:35 AM   #15

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Sometimes a thread is just a thread.

I recently sold my Mountain Hardware tent. Never going to need it again!!

Steve & Annie (RVM2)
2008 Fleetwood Bounder 38F ~ 325 ISB Turbo ~ Freightliner XC 2014 CR-V ~ Invisibrake / Sterling All Terrain
Sioux Falls, SD (FullTime Since Nov 5th 2014)
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-07-2013, 11:45 AM   #16
I enjoy both. Use the MH a number of weeks during the year and tent it on my annual one to two week motorcycle tour (solo of course).

Seems that if it is going to get COLD I always am in the tent and hot in the MH.

2013 Coachmen Mirada 29DS Class A
nakerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 11:48 AM   #17
Tents are where the fire is on the outside and RV's are where the fire is on the inside!
Quote bygeorge
homeless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 11:49 AM   #18
As an avid tenter for many decades, it's like this:

A couple a of years ago, I said I would NEVER, EVER own an RV. No way, even if you gave me one... Bad for the environment, too many starving people in the world, etc., etc. Heck, a couple of years ago, I couldn't even spell RV!

Then two summers ago we rented a travel trailer in a campground in Oregon. We thought that it was a very cool experience. A couple of months after that, we thought we would casually walk around a local RV dealer's lot. Mission - to just see what this RV hype was all about. Lo and behold, we walked away owning our first TT. They had such a smokin' end of the season deal, we couldn't refuse.

Two years late, we're on our second TT and about to get our third! We totally love the RV-ing experience and all the conveniences that go with it.
Gil & Deb & Dougal the Springer Spaniel
2014 KZ Spree 262RKS & Ford F250 supercab V10 4x4 LB
Langley, B.C.
myredracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 11:50 AM   #19
We were avid tent campers up until the birth of our first child in 1981. With babe in arms, we went tent (canvas tent) camping and it rained hard all weekend. After that soggy nightmare I knew if I was going to keep my growing family healthy and happy they need to be up off the ground.

Purchased a used pop up camper for 900 bucks. Boy I sure was proud of that thing hooked up to my 4 cylinder Volvo car. Eleven years later sold that camper for 800 dollars and upgraded to another used pop up.

The first year the kids were in college they made out a Christmas list for gifts they wanted. All they wanted from Santa was camping gear. Guess we made some powerful memories.
George R. - Fulltiming since January '03
2007 Newmar Mountain Aire 3991
2012 Chevy Malibu LT1
gruelens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 11:51 AM   #20
Send a message via Skype™ to GSGracie
I have a very nice tent, in the RV. It is for other people when they come to stay.
Graham Gracie in a 1999 Mirada, V10 Petrol. New Zealand, Suzuki Escudo 2001 2.5L V6. Mini poodle, Pierre and mini schnauzer, Maddie.
GSGracie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 12:16 PM   #21
Winnebago Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Newly weds went camping in Yosemite with 2 borrowed sleeping bags, finally got our own and then we got our first tent "WoW". Shortly there after came the station wagon, then the box trailer, next came the big jump into a tent trailer. Got tired of putting wet canvas away and went to the TT and upon retirment our first MH. Now on our third and look back with fond memories on our beginnings but just the thought of the work required with 3, kids and not much money gives me the vapors.

Don G.
Grimesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 12:21 PM   #22
Grimesy. Gives you the vapors. Got a good laugh out of that. Have not heard the vapors in a long time.
texkayaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 02:16 PM   #23
Dw told me if she was going to camp it had to have its own toilet and shower. Just following her orders.
2007 Fleetwood Revolution LE 40V
Tha_Rooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 02:26 PM   #24
Freightliner Owners Club
I forgot- need to see some pictures of the remodel...
SMRDNR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 02:44 PM   #25
I've been tent camping from Turkey to England to all over the US and Canada and loved it. But the creature comforts I was missing as I sat freezing in an ice storm with 80 MPH winds at elevation started me thinking there has to be a better way! So now we take the king size bed, heater, surround sound, etc. and take day hikes. Have not looked back!
Chiefly1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 06:05 PM   #26
Fleetwood Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Tents are for campers...not us.
2014 American Eagle 45T
DD 500
Pulling a Honda CRV
Cat320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 03:04 PM   #27
Thor Owners Club
We did a lot of tent camping and did again last year with the motorcycles and bike trailer had a tent Sleeping on the ground with air mattress not bad the thing I hate is all the set up, take down, packing to move around. With our 5r it's nothing to be set up camp, take down, move and set up and bed everything we need is ready to go and that is what we really like. Not to mention we could do it year around as it is a 4 season rig.
06 King of the Road 37RLQS
06 Coachman Cross Country 5.9L 300HP 382 DS
03 Jeep Wrangler, 4.0L James, Trina, SMSgt, USAF Ret
Kro1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 03:32 PM   #28
I/we were campers, real campers for lots of years. Including sail and canoe camping, but that was still different than any motor vehicle camping. If you can't carry everything you need (maybe not all at once) and you aren't sleeping on the ground or in a hammock between two trees, you aren't camping in my book. We don't any more and we don't miss it at all. We may have a motorhome, antique, but still a complete unit. It doesn't quite qualify as "Glamping" (Glamour Camping), but it sure is a long ways from cooking in the rain and sleeping on the ground.

I buy RVing, but not camping....

A lifelong waterman and his bride going dry places for as long as the fuel money lasts.
MattC is offline   Reply With Quote