Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-18-2012, 06:32 PM   #15

Winnebago Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Our first trip after retirement was from NC to CA. We visited friends we hadn't seen in over 20 years and hung out with relatives in Barstow, CA before heading back to NC to see the grandkids. Our plan is to go to northern states in the summer and southern states in the winter. We hate the cold. We have a 50 amp service at our daughters so we can get back to see the grandkids whenever we want. This.... summer we are working at the KOA in Corbin, KY. This fall......after the Rally in Sieverville, TN we have no idea where we will be headed. If I plan it now, we will just change our minds and go somewhere else, so we don't plan. The joys of fulltiming is not have to have a schedule.
bsirby is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-19-2012, 03:02 PM   #16

Thanks to those who have taken the time to post their feedback regarding this topic!

It looks like I'll not have any shortage on where to go when the day comes that I start F/T'ing!

Just can't wait much longer...wish I could just 'up and go' now!

RogueRVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 12:41 PM   #17

Hi, and thanks to all for the posts here.
I'm not yet an RVer, as I have just gone into part-time/retired status. I am planning to get a used MH soon and start venturing out.
I'm still uncertain about all of this, with the insane fuel prices and all. Maybe I should just camp out in my living room.
I'm just wondering about other's experiences at getting started.

I'm sorry if I seem to be jumping or hi-jacking this thread.

Tom
TLGPE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 06:20 AM   #18

Newmar Owners Club
We started out for a 6 week trip in 2006, DW was not sure if she could go out for any long periods of time, at a Newmar Rally in Essex JCT. VT and 7 months later came home for 2 months for DR's and the grand kids. Made deal with the DW that anytime she wanted to home, I would put her on a plane and she could fly home. That has happen only 2 times and both have been staying at CG where the owners had small kids under 2 1/2.
Since than we have spend any where from 9-11 months on each trip going around the USA from Coast to Coast and Border to Border and still have not seen it all.
Right now we will be leaving in 10 days for trip out to SD-WY-MT. Coming back in August for some Medical problems that have to checked out and if we both get the green light it is back out until ??????
Plans are made for many things, but time tells us what we will see and where we will go. We have spend the winter in Fl-TX-AZ-and even Rocky Point Mexico.
We pick a location and then use the toad to see every thing within a 100-150 area, then move about 150 miles to the next stop. We use Coast to Coast and Passport.
Texas, Florida and California have been the 3 States that take forever to visit and see and we know we will be going back to those States.
Good Luck and Safe Travels.

THE MIND IS LIKE A PARACHUTE, IT MUST BE OPEN TO WORK
read & learn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rving