Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-31-2012, 02:45 PM   #15

Retired Vol Firefighter...20 yrs and out. Too hard on the old body. Sure miss the action. What an adrenaline rush when that pager goes off! Don't miss the "jaws" runs, tho.

Jaye(Mn)

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-31-2012, 02:55 PM   #16

Monaco Owners Club
Thank you all !!!!

And good to see that it afforded you the luxury of being able to get into the rv lifestyle!

You EARNED it !

Old 01-01-2013, 12:44 PM   #17

Mid Atlantic Campers
Forest River Owners Club
19 years as a career firefighter. 13 yrs as a firefighter/paramedic at one of the busiest stations in our capital city, the last 6 as an arson investigator. I was a paramedic for almost 10 yrs running EMS here before getting hired with the FD. Going to do my last 6 yrs and fade away into the sunset. This is a young man's game, and I'm waaay too broken up, lol.
Old 01-02-2013, 04:26 AM   #18

Send a message via Yahoo to cdfdonnie
Quote:
Originally Posted by tekrsq View Post
19 years as a career firefighter. 13 yrs as a firefighter/paramedic at one of the busiest stations in our capital city, the last 6 as an arson investigator. I was a paramedic for almost 10 yrs running EMS here before getting hired with the FD. Going to do my last 6 yrs and fade away into the sunset. This is a young man's game, and I'm waaay too broken up, lol.
True statement. after 17 years on a ladder company. Both of my knees, hips and right shoulder were shot. Last 8 years on one of the busiest engine companies in the city averaging 25 runs a day on shootings, stabbings, beatings, and an occasional fire, MVA or hemoroids and flu like symptoms @ 4am. It was time for this old timer to step aside and let the young bucks step up. Miss my job. Miss my guys, but it sure is nice sleeping all night once you go to bed.
Old 01-02-2013, 03:04 PM   #19

I'm not at all surprised by the many of us who are suffering the effects of long careers fighting fires both professional and volunteer. Everything from shift work to a really hard working fire and diesel exhaust fumes has put it's toll on our bodies and our minds. Too many of us will suffer through cancer, lung disease, bad backs and knees and the occasional flashback. I'm sitting in our MH in the keys right now and I'm very thankful that I'm on the right side of the grass unlike many of my friends/coworkers...for now at least. Enjoy life while you can, don't put off living.
Old 01-02-2013, 05:47 PM   #20

Trauma rn in er. .. Man do love our firemen. Always nice Eye candy at its finest
Old 01-02-2013, 05:52 PM   #21

Vintage RV Owners Club
"Hero" is such an overused word these days, but:

I think you firefighters are real heroes, and too often unsung.

I can't thank you enough for your service, both to your own communities and to the Country in general!
Old 01-02-2013, 08:50 PM   #22

Monaco Owners Club
Retired Chief after 32 years of service. 11 Years EMS service, 5 Years with the SO reserve. and yes it is great to sleep all night long!
C&SL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 11:03 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mnflyboy View Post
Retired Vol Firefighter...20 yrs and out. Too hard on the old body. Sure miss the action. What an adrenaline rush when that pager goes off! Don't miss the "jaws" runs, tho.

Jaye(Mn)
Also 20+ years as vol ff. body just got tired of it, mind still loves it though. Son was a paid ff paramedic but switched to LEO paramedic and loves it.
firedoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 12:21 PM   #24

31+ years as a volunteer in webster, NY. Currently Assistant Chief.