Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-01-2006, 02:52 AM   #1

For Christmas, I received Sirius satellite radio (actually a present from myself) I absolutely love it! Friends had told me once you have it, you won't know how you lived without it. They were right! I chose Sirius over XM because I wanted Radio Margaritaville (Jimmy Buffett for you non-parrotheads) and NBA & NFL. I cannot stand Howard Stearn. Anyone else have Sirius or XM?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-01-2006, 02:52 AM   #2

For Christmas, I received Sirius satellite radio (actually a present from myself) I absolutely love it! Friends had told me once you have it, you won't know how you lived without it. They were right! I chose Sirius over XM because I wanted Radio Margaritaville (Jimmy Buffett for you non-parrotheads) and NBA & NFL. I cannot stand Howard Stearn. Anyone else have Sirius or XM?
Old 01-01-2006, 05:41 AM   #3

I have Sirius in my car and a 'plugin' (it's transportable) in the RV. Just bought a second receiver (a Tivoli) for my home. I enjoy Sirius a great deal, especially the public broadcasting news programs. You'll enjoy it greatly.
Annie K and Sparky the long-haired chihuahua
03 Journey DL 36LD
04 Saturn L300 W
Blue Ox and Brake Buddy
Doggievet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006, 06:15 AM   #4

I love my Sirius,I got mine free last year from Howard "Stern" during one of his promotions.It does not matter if you like him or not,I like him but would never butt heads over him.He is going to put Sirius on the map and while doing this it can only benifet us subscribers.Programming has already increased since last year,one program was already mentioned.I now have a built in system in the trucks navigation radio and put my free reciever in the trailer.I havent really listened to terrestrial radio since .

2006 FOUR WINDS HURRICANE 34N F-53
Frankie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006, 09:29 AM   #5

My 2005 Chevy Silverado 3500 dually has XM radio and I love it. I did have to install an exterior antenna because of truck camper's top overhang on the cab of the truck.
Lance-a-Lot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006, 11:41 AM   #6

I am a Canadian who has had Sirius for 3 years, US service. I change it from car to car ,then to the RV.We now have it in Canada ,but we can.t have Howard,we are not old enough.It was held up for a long time, because we have the have 8 to 12 or so FRENCH channels,whether we want it or not.
Why could we not have the same programing as the Us beats me.Also they do not even mention the Nascar channel coming in Feb, or Sirius Speedway #123 from 3 to 6 Mon to Fri, in their sports lineup.It is a great show for all kinds of race fans.
Old 01-01-2006, 04:59 PM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
I have Sirius Radio in my RV, a Class B which is also my every day vehicle, and I wouldn't want to be without it. I end up traveling alot for the military thru a few different states, and love the wide variety of entertainment!!
Old 01-02-2006, 01:50 PM   #8

My wife and I have 2 XM systems 1 in our pickup that we move to our camper while camping and another standalone system in our bedroom they are indeed great I went with XM because of NASCAR race coverage We have Sirus on our Dish netork tv system and also enjoy it very much Almost never listen to regular radio anymore .Usually only during emergency wheather

2006 30 ft Cherokee TT
j2detoit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 03:36 PM   #9

Texas Boomers Club
I have XM in my wifes car and my truck. Listen to XM a work thru the PC also. Now when NASCAR moves from XM to SIRIUS I'll my have to reconsider.
Roam America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 03:41 AM   #10

Nor'easters Club
Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
I got an XM for Christmas and I think I am really going to like it. Have used it a little but haven't had time to figure out all the stuff yet. Here is a somewhat naive question. When you use it in your camper, do you just bring the antenna provided for your car?
Old 01-03-2006, 04:32 AM   #11

Installation of the antenna depends on the type of radio that you have. My Audiovox is transportable but needs a mounting setup in the car and in the RV. The antennas are fixed to the 'boot' of the car and to the roof of the RV. They are not movable without a lot of difficulty.
The second receiver I have is a self-contained Tivoli radio with an antenna that can be moved easily. If your radio is a self-contained unit, I would use it in the RV just like any other portable radio. You will have to adjust location of the antenna inside the RV for best reception. I don't think you could use it in a car.
Annie K. and Sparky the long-haired chihuahua
03 Journey DL36LD
04 Saturn L300W
Blue Ox and Brake Buddy
Doggievet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 05:48 AM   #12

Hey Lynn
The plug and play unit I have for the camper has an antenna with a magnetic base,I am sure yours is similiar.I put mine in my top cabinet of the entertainment center facing up.This works 95% of the time.The other 5% it goes out the window on top of my slide.

2006 FOUR WINDS HURRICANE 34N F-53
Frankie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 08:13 AM   #13

Nor'easters Club
Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Thanks Frankie, that sounds like it will work. It came with an antenna for the house, a magnetic antenna for the car. So I guess I could take the home base unit or the car antenna in the camper. I'm just figuring it out, like I said. I haven't had a chance to set it up in the car yet. We took it in the truck and just stuck the magnetic antenna on the room through the window and just set the car base unit on the dash.
Old 01-03-2006, 12:41 PM   #14

Our MH came with XM radio with ant. installed. I like talk radio, if can't get Rush won't hook up!