Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 07-03-2011, 08:53 PM   #1
Fleetwood Owners Club
Say a prayer for My Willa

Willa has a small lump in her right breast. She found it during her bath today and she showed it to me and we both cried. It is just a tiny lump about the size of a small bean or a BB shot. Tuesday we will go to her doctor for a complete diagnosis and we pray to God that it will be a benine growth that can be removed without complications. I have re assured her (and myself) over and over that it is just a cyst and is really nothing to be concerned about and about the worst that can happen is that they will have to cut it out and she will have a tiny scar and a couple stitches at worst. As I write this I sit and think about a lot of things. Silly things I guess. Willa and I have been married about five years and it has been the greatest years of my life. We are both retired and we travel as we like and stay as long as we like and come home when we like. Needless to say that life is good.

I sat and stared at the TV while Willa slept on the sofa and pondered life. This past birthday I was 71 years old and My Willa is seven years younger than me. We met in 04 in Wal Mart after my wife Linda died in 03. I truly believe had I not met My Willa after Linda died that I would not be here now. Life meant nothing and nothing meant nothing and I had no reason to live. I had no Mother, no Father, no Sister or Brother, no Son or Daughter and no Wife. Life did not mean much to me and I wandered thru life bouncing off the walls of this lonely house and cursing God for taking my life from me. I slept on the sofa with a 357 magnum under my pillow and I can tell you the taste of Remington Gun Oil for sure. My Willa gave me cause to live and she and I have celebrated life ever since we met. She had never traveled and My Linda and I had been everywhere. My first trip with Willa was to the outer banks of NC because she had never been there. Of course I paid for everything and Willa worried that I was spending too much money on her. I actually laughed when she suggested that the ''next trip'' she would foot the bill for gas for the coach and food , etc etc. as she was still working as a nurse in a rehab center and she was not ''broke''....... We were still dating and I told her ''no way'' would she ever pay a nickel for anything when we traveled.

Willa and I have traveled probably 70,000 miles in the motor home and we have spent some dollars on gas and upkeep over our years of travel. We have driven to Alaska and been on a 14 day cruise on the inside passage back to Alaska. So far she has seen every state in the union except Hawaii and she has seen a lot of Canada. We have laughed and loved and seen the world thru the windshields of the old Pace Arrow and loved every minute of it.

When I was a business man I done well. When I retired at 55 Linda and I owned 3 houses, a paid for business and 24,000 square foot building and five and a half akers of industrial property. We had invested in the stock market and we had done well. I retired in 1995 and sold the business in 1999. We sold the property in High Point and moved to Granite Falls. We bought property beside her sister and I built her a new house with a full basement and a two car garage. When they drove the last nail, I paid the last dollar owed on the house. My Linda bought all new furniture for the house and I bought her a new Oldsmobile. We spent some dollars but it did not matter. It made My Linda happy to be in Granite Falls. We bought a new 33 foot Pace Arrow in 2000, we went to Alaska and all over the USA. We had a good income from the business because we had financed it our self.

God took My Linda from me on October 1, 2003. We were planning a trip to Mexico thru Copper Canyon. She woke with a headache and by ten thirty she was on her way to the hospital. The doctor said that a blood vessel had ruptured in her brain and they could no nothing. Life lost its meaning to me …........

I think about these things now. I lost my first love Linda and now My Willa may have breast cancer.
I ponder this as I type and I refuse to think about the possible life without My Willa should God decide to take her from me. I think about where she and I have been and the thousand sights we have seen together. How we have laughed and loved and made love in some of the silliest places. Like two teenagers we have ''taken the chance'' on the balcony of our state room aboard the Tahitian Princess on the way to Alaska. Time flows back a thousand other memories in my mind and I shutter at the thought of not having My Willa here with me to share my life.

When My Linda died I pondered the purpose of life.

Was I a butterfly dreaming I was a man,,,,,,, or was I a man dreaming I was a butterfly?''?????? …....

... I wondered if life was really ''real'' or was it all a dream controlled by some other force that we can not see or change.

What had I done for God to kick me in the head like this.

In life we work and prepare for the future. We scrimp and save and do without so that we can have things when we get old and when we get old there may not be enough time to spend the money we saved for old age. Life is strange.

I knew a man that saved all his life for retirement at a place called Moose Haven, I think down in Florida. That is all he could talk about was his ''retirement'' and what fun he and his wife would have when the moved to Florida. He finally turned 65, sold his house in Greensboro and he and his wife hit the road for Florida and retirement. They were both killed in a head on collision with a semi down in Georgia and their kids fought over the money they had saved. I never knew of George and his wife taking a vacation of any kind while I knew him for 12 years. …... Life is strange …....

Considering this I will ask you guys to do me a big favor....
one. Please put My Willa on your prayer list that she may be made well and happy.
Two.. Please ask God to give us both the strength to face what ever is to come in the future for My Willa and me.
One more thing......... LOVE YOUR MATE WITH ALL YOUR ABILITY. Love them everyday and tell them so because sometimes fate will take away tomorrow without warning and you will never get that chance to say ''I Love You Ever Again''............ think about it.

My posts will be kinda few and far between for a while but I promise that I will keep you guys updated on Willa's condition and any results of test whether they be good or bad.

Many thanks ….. My Willa and me …..

God bless our troops and keep them safe ….....

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-03-2011, 09:07 PM   #2
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Few people find true love one time. You have been blessed with love two times. I will put you and your Willa in my daily prayer.

Foothills of the Smokies
2005 Bounder 35E
Old 07-03-2011, 09:12 PM   #3

Your Willa is on my prayer list.
'02 Ultimate Advantage 40J Spartan MM - Cummins ISC
2013 Jeep Rubicon JK Unlimited
Old 07-03-2011, 09:22 PM   #4
Mid Atlantic Campers
Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
This weekend is my wife's 3 year anniversary of a Leukemia diagnoses. We are 40 and have sped up our plans for the future as we wanted to buy and RV and travel when we retired. We bought our 1st Class A a few months ago and will enjoy it as long as she is able. Her Chemo doesn't allow her to be far away from a restroom so a Class A is a good fit for us. My wife has been through what you and your wife are going through now. Twice she has had small pea sized growths removed and they turned out to be benign. The waiting for the diagnoses can be gut wrenching and difficult. I know ,I have been through it twice. I will add you to our prayer list. God Bless.
2011 Coachmen Mirada 34BH
2011 Honda CRV
Old 07-03-2011, 09:25 PM   #5
Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
You and Willa are on our prayer list.
USMC (Retired) Not as lean - Not as mean - but still a Marine!

2003 Itasca Suncruiser 38G Workhorse W22 8.1L, 2005 Grand Cherokee Toad
Old 07-03-2011, 09:31 PM   #6
Texas Boomers Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Coastal Campers
SeaJay, our prayers are with you and Willa for strength and good news when she goes to the doctor. Please also keep my daughter Gwenna in your prayers as she is back in the hospital in Morganton, NC with complications from surgery a week ago.
Always remember ,, God will never put more on your shoulders than you can carry!
Helen N Floyd
Me & Slowpoke, USMC [1993 Gulfstream Sunvoyager M8345, F53 Chassis ]

"Travlin with a song and prayer"
Old 07-03-2011, 10:02 PM   #7
Nor'easters Club
Fleetwood Owners Club

Bob and I will be praying for you and Willa. Please let others hand your worries to the Lord. Just be there for your love and give her all your attention and let all of us take care of the worrying for you.

Please keep us posted and God Bless you both...

Faith and Bob, Bitsy the Papillon and Bosco the Chi-weenie....RIP Truffles
2005 Revolution LE - 2008 Honda CRV Toad
Northern Massachusetts and the rest of the Country.
Old 07-03-2011, 10:03 PM   #8
I understand what you are going through, I have recently been down that road. My wife of less than a year was diagnosed with kidney cancer in late February, the surgery in April was successful but the waiting really took a toll on us. It was a real kick to the gut.
I encourage you to stay in touch and keep us posted on her progress. Please don't try to go it alone, the frustration and pain will become overwhelming. We are here to support you. I wish I could offer you more than words.
Old 07-03-2011, 10:12 PM   #9
Your Willa is in my prayers...we have both been blessed with second chances ourselves...that is why we decided to sell our S&B and travel now...you never know when time may be taken away from you...live life with no regrets and do unto others as you would have done unto you...my mottos that I have lived with for years....peace & blessings to all who read this...Jeannine & Joe
Old 07-03-2011, 11:06 PM   #10
Freightliner Owners Club
Seajay: You and Willa are in our prayers... God Bless!
Hooligan, Pensacola, Fl -U.S. Coast Guard 1956-1985
2016 Thor Siesta Sprinter 24ST diesel
Our Pug "Lily" & "George" the Newfoundland
Old 07-03-2011, 11:28 PM   #11
Tiffin Owners Club
You and your wonderful Willa are both on what I call my "industrial" prayer list and will remain there. No doubt whatever this is has been found early and will be resolved soon. God bless you and know many many people are thinking of you both, sending positive thoughts for a truly positive outcome.
Blessings to you both.
Old 07-04-2011, 12:03 AM   #12
Prayers and good thoughts being sent your way!!
1982 CrossCountry - NW Indiana
Ford Electrician
Built WITHOUT your tax dollars!!
Old 07-04-2011, 12:51 AM   #13
Tiffin Owners Club
Our prayers for Willa's health and your strength to endure the stress.
Del & Charlotte
RVing - Time well wasted
2004 Phaeton 40TGH w/ 2010 Acadia
Old 07-04-2011, 03:27 AM   #14
Tiffin Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
You and your wife are in my prayers sir. I've always been a believer in the saying .... If God brings you to it, then God will see you through it.

Dan 2008 Allegro 32 BA FRED, Honda Fit
There are 10 types of people in this world. Those who know binary, and those who don't.
Closed Thread