Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-29-2014, 08:54 PM   #1

Scrolling across bottom of TV screen

Is it just my age or does everyone have trouble watching a TV show or program and trying to read what's scrolling across the bottom of screen at the same time? Especially if you have trouble walking and chewing gum at the same time. And it's usually some amazing piece of breaking news that really could just as well wait till the 6:00 or 10:00 evening news.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-29-2014, 09:01 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Ugh. That's one of my pet peeves. I hate all that "clutter" and I never can read the stuff.

SarahW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 09:12 PM   #3

I agree. Plus I hate when the station decides to run a trailer for 15 seconds while your show has started, or they take up 1/3 of the screen with thier logo for a while. Geeez enough with the advertising!
Old 05-02-2014, 09:28 AM   #4

Since I don't watch broadcast mainline TV anymore (going on about five years now!), what little I do watch is via Netflix on my home PC - so when my cheapo monitor died, I used the flat-screen TV (a smaller unit lousy for livingroom anyways) as my new monitor - works well for me!
Having just gotten cataract surgery in both eyes makes a big difference too! Much better eyesight now!
LeeRevell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 11:19 AM   #5

"And now, a word from our sponsors"....

Personally, I'd like to see more product placement while watching TV, or at the movies. Was it my imagination or did anyone else see the "Drink Coca Cola" carved in a bulkhead of the Ark in 'Noah'? Yeah, I know...but you know it's coming!

But really, when did the sound in movies get soooo loud? Holy two cows!

RIP 'Squeaky'
scenic route is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 11:26 AM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

LOL.

One of my pet peeves too.

Considering that I have the attention span of a puppy (I have to turn down the radio when I'm looking for an address ) it causes me real problems.

Rick

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
RickO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 02:11 PM   #7

I concur with the crawler problems. In our coach is a 32" LED up front. I need to sit in the front seats to read the scores, etc on ESPN. Can't imagine what the 19" gang can read from their easy chairs 15' away.

If the crawler script was as large as the ESPN logo at the front of the crawler, I'd be fine.
Papawto5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 02:22 PM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
I feel your pains, but since I "W" in the industry, it helps my retirement account look better and puts fuel in the MH.
chuckinthebus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 02:40 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by wagonmaster2 View Post
Is it just my age or does everyone have trouble watching a TV show or program and trying to read what's scrolling across the bottom of screen at the same time? Especially if you have trouble walking and chewing gum at the same time. And it's usually some amazing piece of breaking news that really could just as well wait till the 6:00 or 10:00 evening news.
wagonmaster
I'm with ya!
Have you noticed how often the exact same "breaking news" sometimes "breaks" for weeks?
BTW, "NEWS" has become a misnomer....... ("OLDS" is a far more honest descriptive term).
Mel

Tags
scr