Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-07-2014, 02:48 PM   #1

Sea World, Busch Garden question?

I was wondering if anyone has any personal experience parking an RV at Seaworld and Bush Gardens while visiting the park during the day? There are no phone number to anything, everything is automated.

And, if anyone could recommend an RV park that is located near these locations, I need advise, thanks.

Tom

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-07-2014, 05:15 PM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
I know at Sea World in Orlando you would be hard-pressed to park an RV in their parking. I have never seen one parked there in fact. We stay at Ft. Wilderness and use the toad to drive to Sea World (and other sites). Busch Gardens in Tampa is a fair distance from Orlando though. We just drive over there for the day and stay at Ft. Wilderness. Sorry I can't help more.

Melmoses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 09:37 PM   #3

In round numbers it is 85 miles from Orlando to Tampa. Busch Gardens is not in Tampa's finest neighborhood so don't leave anything of value in your vehicle when you park. I've never parked in either area so no help there.
Old 03-08-2014, 07:41 AM   #4

Google Earth both sites and see if you can spot any RV's parked in their lots. I saw RV's parked at both places this way
Old 03-08-2014, 07:29 PM   #5

Don't know about parking at each park, but stay in Lakeland. Just about halfway between the two (Orlando a tad farther). Drive east for SW and west for BG.
On 2nd thought, not sure you're pulling a toad. If not, I guess that won't work.
Old 03-09-2014, 10:26 PM   #6

We stay at theame world rv resort in Davenport. Exit 55 off of expressway 4. Great park and can go to Disney or Tampa.
Old 03-13-2014, 07:26 PM   #7

Can anyone suggest a nice RV park near Busch Gardens?

Thanks

Tom
Old 03-13-2014, 07:29 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melmoses View Post
I know at Sea World in Orlando you would be hard-pressed to park an RV in their parking. I have never seen one parked there in fact. We stay at Ft. Wilderness and use the toad to drive to Sea World (and other sites). Busch Gardens in Tampa is a fair distance from Orlando though. We just drive over there for the day and stay at Ft. Wilderness. Sorry I can't help more.
We plan on staying at Fort Wilderness, can you give me any hints on where to try to stay in fort Wilderness, (I have two dogs that will be staying inside the coach).
Old 03-13-2014, 07:30 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmann55 View Post
We stay at theame world rv resort in Davenport. Exit 55 off of expressway 4. Great park and can go to Disney or Tampa.
How far is it from Busch Gardens?
Old 03-15-2014, 07:30 PM   #10
doc

Appalachian Campers
Stay at Lazy Days in their RV park. We did that a few years ago and drove the towed over to Busch. Very short drive. Busch is not the best part of Tampa, but enjoyable to visit occasionally
Old 03-15-2014, 09:12 PM   #11

Any site at Ft Wilderness is great camping 100, 200 and 300 are close to everything but smaller sites. 400 thru 1400 are excellent sections. 600 is closest to the kids area. Dogs are welcome everywhere.
Old 03-16-2014, 08:09 AM   #12
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Ft Wilderness is a great place, one of our favorites, but our stay there has always been linked to a Disney World vacation, not that it needs to be. Again, it's a super place to park the rolling home, albeit an expensive one.

Theme World, mentioned earlier, is a great location for access to anywhere in the central Florida area, we have friends that live there. Many, if not most sites are not paved, except possibly a small patio area. The sites are narrow and close together. It is also RIGHT on the freeway (I-4). Just a few blocks farther south on 27 is Deer Creek. Deer Creek is a higher end park with much nicer amenities. Either is no more than 20 minutes from any of the Disney parks, maybe 30 from Sea World. They would be at least an hour from Busch Gardens though, probably more like an hour and 20.

If you wanted to be closer to Busch Gardens I'd probably agree with the suggestion of staying at the Lazy Days campground. It has easy access to the freeway and is just a few minutes away.
2017 GMC Acadia toad
JMonroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 01:57 PM   #13

We were planning on staying at Ft. wilderness and driving the toad to sea world for maybe a 3 day visit, then move to a park closer to Busch Gardens for 2 days, before heading back toward home.

Tom
Old 03-16-2014, 11:26 PM   #14

Half the sites at theme world are paved! 30 & 50 amp hookups.