Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-24-2010, 07:21 PM   #15

Fleetwood Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
In the what's it worth dept. I found a bottle of Cr. Ryl stamped 1986. I think it would be a Cardinal sin to break the seal on that. Guess I'll just drink the cheap stuff. Happy Thanksgiving To ALL```->->->->~~~~

skipwil is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-25-2010, 05:48 AM   #16

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ok Joe..... listen up...... here is the scoop on that bottle of Crown from 1986. A lot of people dont know this but there was a ''poison'' run of Crown back in 1986 and I personally read an article about it somewhere that I cant remember right now. (cough cough)....... Anyhow, I was designated as a destroyer depot by Crown Royal to help rid the world of this POISONED item.... (hack hack) and I feel it is my duty to inform you that you should immediately carefully pack and ship that old bottle of poisoned booze to me for proper disposal. Normally I charge a fee for the disposal service but since you are an IRV2 member, I have decided not to charge you anything. Mind you, I am doing this for YOUR SAFETY. absolutely, do not pour this tainted stuff down the drain as it will pollute your entire water supply and make the ground radio active and a lot of other stuff like that and it is bad too and you could get into trouble with the EPA, CIA, FBI, and the Daughters of the American Revolution.
This Crown must be properly filtered and disposed of in small quantities over just a bit of ice and savored slowly, with a good lookin' lady, in front of an open fire in the fireplace, with soft music, candles, and the high probability of close contact later that evening ..... (cough cough)

Seriously, I think it would be a good idea to hold the bottle and when you have a friend, some relatives son or daughter or a worthy person that comes back from the ''sand box'' on leave or discharged from one of our fine military services ................ I think you should ''break out the good stuff'' and toast their return to the people that miss them and love them. That would be a worthy salute and ''thank you for your service'' to some young man or woman. Our troops deserve the best and that would be a way to honor them.

Be safe my brother and tks for your service to my country......

Old 11-25-2010, 11:52 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seajay View Post
Ok Joe.....

Seriously, I think it would be a good idea to hold the bottle and when you have a friend, some relatives son or daughter or a worthy person that comes back from the ''sand box'' on leave or discharged from one of our fine military services ................ I think you should ''break out the good stuff'' and toast their return to the people that miss them and love them. That would be a worthy salute and ''thank you for your service'' to some young man or woman. Our troops deserve the best and that would be a way to honor them.

Be safe my brother and tks for your service to my country......
You are sooo right to use it in this way.
Old 11-25-2010, 06:38 PM   #18

Fleetwood Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Seajay- I wasn't going to drink the C/R!!! I drink only cheap stuff. I get more diesel fuel that way.
Thanksgiving was GREAT...
Safe travels...
skipwil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 06:20 AM   #19

CJ,

You have a viable solution for everything.
As for sharing some anti-freeze with a returning Vet, don't forget the old ones like me.

Tell me, have they opened that old logging trail to your house yet?
And what about that big Bear that lives under your porch?

Yep, it's me.
rmmpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 09:41 AM   #20
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Seajay has a train car off the rails as a storage unit in his back yard. Maybe someday he'll through a git down and invite us to the fun. It's hard to believe, but people send him that stuff he said was "poison."
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 11:17 PM   #21

Hammer down,

The hot buttered Bacardis I'm having now are working as a pain reliever for my hip incident earlier today.

"I won't be wronged I won't be insulted I won't be layed a hand on. I don't do these things to other people. And I require the same from them." (John Bernard Books) John Wayne The Shootist his last Movie.
CorsairIIAT is offline   Reply With Quote