Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-06-2016, 07:55 AM   #29

OK, so does anyone know a good dealer rating site, a good independent tech rating site and a good manufacturer rating site. Seems when I try to research something info is usually presented by biased dealers, salesmen and manufacturers. Is this site the best place for consumer reports? Is there any organized effort to get unbiased ratings collected and disseminated? Seems this would likely be the main impetus to dealers and manufacturers improving there quality control and service.

I appreciate some dealers and manufacturers are self-motivated to do the best job they can, but many others are not and need additional incentive such a loosing business to those who are better supporting customers.

To be told over and over by several dealers and independent repair centers to bring in my motorhome and leave it for a week until they get around to looking at it, and maybe another week or two until its repaired, especially for warranty issues that are the manufacturer's obligation, is unacceptable to me and tolerable only in the no-choice environment existing today. Please give me a choice!

Regional repair and service centers would certainly be a step in the right direction. Especially when dealers are so fragmented by how rv models are named and sold.

We like our motorhome, but hate having it in for service and repairs that reduce our ability to utilize it as we'd like ...
Forrest_LD is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-06-2016, 08:25 AM   #30

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forrest_LD View Post
Does anyone else have the experience of taking weeks to get service and then having to leave RV for days or weeks to get it repaired?

I'm new to owning an RV, and am amazed that owners tolerate this situation as it seems to be accepted as standard procedure even for simple adjustments when no parts are needed ...

Just curious as to why RV consumers accept what would be unacceptable in nearly every other consumer product support system ...

While this has been my experience with our new 2016 Winnebago Journey in the Houston area, I am curious if it is also common with other brands and in other locations?

Also curious as to why this situation exists? I know an RV is a complicated combination of many sub-systems, but so it my home and I can get it services and repaired much easier than my RV. Also same for my car.

Does anyone know of a dealer or RV service center that is sensitive to an owner's convenience and time. I hate to have my expensive RV sitting waiting for someone to even look at it!

On the bright side, I have had good experience in general with repairs that actually get done.
We take our Tour to Lichtsinn in Forest City for repairs. We get an appointment date and they take it in on that date and fix it promptly. Being a mile from the factory parts are no issue. They provide parking and power. We are able to fill the fresh and dump the tanks.

It is worth the 1800 mile trip to have them perform any service.
Old 04-06-2016, 09:12 AM   #31

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forrest_LD View Post
OK, so does anyone know a good dealer rating site, a good independent tech rating site and a good manufacturer rating site. Seems when I try to research something info is usually presented by biased dealers, salesmen and manufacturers. Is this site the best place for consumer reports? Is there any organized effort to get unbiased ratings collected and disseminated? Seems this would likely be the main impetus to dealers and manufacturers improving there quality control and service.

I appreciate some dealers and manufacturers are self-motivated to do the best job they can, but many others are not and need additional incentive such a loosing business to those who are better supporting customers.

To be told over and over by several dealers and independent repair centers to bring in my motorhome and leave it for a week until they get around to looking at it, and maybe another week or two until its repaired, especially for warranty issues that are the manufacturer's obligation, is unacceptable to me and tolerable only in the no-choice environment existing today. Please give me a choice!

Regional repair and service centers would certainly be a step in the right direction. Especially when dealers are so fragmented by how rv models are named and sold.

We like our motorhome, but hate having it in for service and repairs that reduce our ability to utilize it as we'd like ...

We monitor Yelp, Yahoo, and our Facebook site for reviews both positive and negative.

There is another site that some readers try to push called rvservicereviews.com, or something to that effect. Personally, I find it useless and outdated. Very few reviews and some of the dealerships are no longer in business.

I would start with a dealerships Facebook page, if they have one.
Brian W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 05:45 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian W View Post
We monitor Yelp, Yahoo, and our Facebook site for reviews both positive and negative.

There is another site that some readers try to push called rvservicereviews.com, or something to that effect. Personally, I find it useless and outdated. Very few reviews and some of the dealerships are no longer in business.

I would start with a dealerships Facebook page, if they have one.
Yelp is probably my least favorite. I am also wary of a limited number of reviews or very old reviews.

I have a pretty strong internal BS detector, as well as a sharp eye for things that don't look right.

I was at one dealership and they were bragging about their 30 bay shop. Funny thing was there were only about 4-5 big tool chests in there. When I asked about the number of techs they had and their qualifications I got some serious stepping and fetching. I also happened to notice that the "job board" in the shop area only had 4-5 names on it. Ayup we moved on.

Part of the problem lies with the uniformed consumer as well as the one that expects something for nothing or a cheap price. Service does cost money, the dealer that is giving you a 30%+ discount of "MSRP" is cutting corners somewhere or has inflated MSRP's to start with.

Aaron
wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
service