Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-25-2013, 01:04 PM   #1

Seth Macfarlane and the 2012 Oscars

Did folks catch the Oscars last night? The host Seth Macfarlane has been catching a lot of flack over his performance. First of all, I didn't know who this guy is so no preconceived notions about him. My goodness, he blew me away. He was funny and he danced and sung very well. He made the nearly 4 hr show fly by as I couldn't wait to see what he would do next. Just wondering what others thought about the show?
In years past, I quite watching after about an hour and would catch up on what happened later on CNN.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-25-2013, 01:15 PM   #2

I personally thought it was disgusting and glad I don't have kids of school age at home watching this. Really? A boobs song? An all male gay choir? This was just another example of Hollywood pushing its agenda down our throats. I turned it off after about 30 minutes.

Cricket SW3 Personal Transporter
topdownman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 01:15 PM   #3

Seth is the creator of Family Guy and American Dad animated series. He does alot of the voices. He's a very funnay and talented guy. He's appeared alot on the late night talk shows where he came across very well, so that is probably partly how he got this gig.

People should remember that the host does not write the show. There is a staff that writes all the segments as well as what the presenters say. Yes, I'm sure that Seth had some input on many of the parts of it. But the producers and writers had the final say.

So if you didn't like his personality, or timing or whatever, fine. But it's not just him if you didn't like the content, thought it too long, or inappropriate or whatever.
Old 02-25-2013, 01:20 PM   #4

Not sure if you're reponding to my post, but I never mentioned the host. I just thought what I saw of the show was inappropriate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wincrasher View Post
Seth is the creator of Family Guy and American Dad animated series. He does alot of the voices. He's a very funnay and talented guy. He's appeared alot on the late night talk shows where he came across very well, so that is probably partly how he got this gig.

People should remember that the host does not write the show. There is a staff that writes all the segments as well as what the presenters say. Yes, I'm sure that Seth had some input on many of the parts of it. But the producers and writers had the final say.

So if you didn't like his personality, or timing or whatever, fine. But it's not just him if you didn't like the content, thought it too long, or inappropriate or whatever.
Cricket SW3 Personal Transporter
topdownman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 01:33 PM   #5
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Two posts that violated this part of our rules were deleted.
" Please think before you post and keep your comments limited to the topic at hand; above all be nice. We encourage everyone to participate in and enjoy the Community while at the same time adhering to these rules:
Our rules extend to all sections of the website including messaging functions, blogs, galleries and any other public or private posting.
Do not engage in personal attacks. Challenge others' points of view and opinions, but do so respectfully and thoughtfully. Sarcasm, belligerence, insults, profanity, extreme anger, offensive comments about race, gender, sexual orientation,and national origin are not acceptable."

Please refrain from posting outside of these rules.
Thanks
Cliff

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
Clifftall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 01:58 PM   #6

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
One thing is true. William Shatner will do anything for money.
Charlize Theron if she had a chance would have hit Seth for mentioning her in "that" song.
The whole audience would have hit Seth for his little joke about Lincoln and Wilks Booth
And why did they pick Argo for best picture?
Old 02-25-2013, 03:51 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by topdownman View Post
I personally thought it was disgusting and glad I don't have kids of school age at home watching this. Really? A boobs song? An all male gay choir? This was just another example of Hollywood pushing its agenda down our throats. I turned it off after about 30 minutes.
I agree that some content was inappropriate for kids. I don't recall if ABC posted a warning before each segment but I don't think they did. That should have happened.
Old 02-25-2013, 05:18 PM   #8

I thought it was typical of Hollywood, nothing really out of the ordinary. I think Seth was pretty funny and did well hosting , keep in mind he is being judged by a audience over a Billion they say. That's why remotes have a Channel Button, if you don't like what you are watching a simple press of a button changes it for you. I think it's good thing we all don't think alike, imagine how boring that would be !
Old 02-25-2013, 06:47 PM   #9

Fleetwood Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
I'm surprised anybody watched any of it.
Cat320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 07:12 PM   #10

Vintage RV Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
I thought he was hilarious.
RedWing Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 09:01 PM   #11

I would welcome him to do it again. I had fun watching it.

I think the "disgusting" thing being referred to was a jab at the network's (or somebody's) request for more conservative clothing to be worn by the female stars trying to make a name for themselves/out do each other? Song may have been a bit over the top/done, but I wasn't offended myself. Could surely see how some some might be though! I'm thinking that was very carefully done/calculated to generate buzz they can take straight to the bank?

Thought the first lady's appearance at the end was GREAT! Love how she's bringing herself, the office, to the people!
Old 02-25-2013, 09:07 PM   #12

Tiffin Owners Club
If the " First Lady " agreed to be a part of the show, then the format of the show couldn't be all that terrible.

Sammie
Sammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 09:13 PM   #13

Monaco Owners Club
I didn't waste a minute watching the left wing on the left coast

Heard a LOT of radio about how bad he was as a host though....
Old 02-26-2013, 09:01 AM   #14

Monaco Owners Club
Making jokes about assassinations - Not funny
Making jokes about domestic abuse - Not funny
Making jokes (and a song) about seeing female anatomy - Not funny

I guess I did not find him and it funny so I turned the channel.