Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-05-2012, 03:53 AM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
She has a leak!!!!

Well with all this rain we have had we Discovered a leak in our Winnie. Let's see how good Campingworld is. When we bought the rig there was a stain in the front on the roof, so as part of the to do list for cw, they needed to clean that spot, well come to find out that was a water stain. Yesterday I climbed on top of the rig but could not see any spots that the water might be leaking in, it is either from the satellite dish or the what I think is the antenna. I will be taking her in to camping world this morning and seeing if they will fix it at no charge since apparently it leaked when we bought her. the stain is right in the center of the roof in the front.
Rsanchez24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-05-2012, 04:09 AM   #2

Good luck, but how long will it take you to find out if they fixed it?

Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 04:21 AM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunner
Good luck, but how long will it take you to find out if they fixed it?
Probably find out when we are on the road somewhere at the worst time.
Old 03-05-2012, 04:55 AM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Good luck on the leak, hopefully CW will find it.
US Navy Vet.
Bruce C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 05:20 PM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
Well camping world is going to locate the leak and repair it for free.
Old 03-05-2012, 05:42 PM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rsanchez24 View Post
Well camping world is going to locate the leak and repair it for free.
As they should! Hope it all works out well for ya.
Old 03-07-2012, 07:40 PM   #7

Tiffin Owners Club
Just an update on the leak and Campingworld , cw called today to let me know they found the leak, it was the forward rubber antenna, so they resealed it, and went ahead and resealed the whole front cap, the satellite dish, the ac unit, and side seams. I also mentioned to them that the passenger side front window had a lot of wind noise and the spray nozzle next to the toilet had a small leak ( and by the way what is that nozzle for?) when I dropped it of. They told me that they resealed the window because apparently some one replace the glass at some point and did not do a good job. And they couldn't fix the spray nozzle , so the ordered a new one. So the big question was, how much is this stuff gonna cost me? Cw said it was on them and there will be no charge since we are good customers ( considering we bought a 2012 keystone outback and 8 months later traded in on the Winnie). So we are very pleased with them. Thank you charleston sc camping world!
Old 03-07-2012, 08:11 PM   #8

One would assume that the nozzle is for cleaning out the toilet.

Old 03-08-2012, 08:43 AM   #9

Vintage RV Owners Club
Turn your toilet into a bidet?
Old 03-08-2012, 08:53 AM   #10

Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Glad to see they helped you out and only hope the repairs hold. Good Luck. Oh, that sprayer thingyyyy, just use your imagination.
Steve N Sal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 09:04 AM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve N Sal View Post
Glad to see they helped you out and only hope the repairs hold. Good Luck. Oh, that sprayer thingyyyy, just use your imagination.
When I'm in the shower and John is on the toilet, we usually get into a water fight with the sprayers, I guess that's what its for?
clyon51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 09:13 AM   #12

Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by clyon51 View Post
When I'm in the shower and John is on the toilet, we usually get into a water fight with the sprayers, I guess that's what its for?
Old 03-08-2012, 09:31 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by clyon51 View Post
John has the advantage. He has cold water.

Old 03-08-2012, 09:46 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rsanchez24 View Post
Just an update on the leak and Campingworld , cw called today to let me know they found the leak, it was the forward rubber antenna, so they resealed it, and went ahead and resealed the whole front cap, the satellite dish, the ac unit, and side seams. I also mentioned to them that the passenger side front window had a lot of wind noise and the spray nozzle next to the toilet had a small leak ( and by the way what is that nozzle for?) when I dropped it of. They told me that they resealed the window because apparently some one replace the glass at some point and did not do a good job. And they couldn't fix the spray nozzle , so the ordered a new one. So the big question was, how much is this stuff gonna cost me? Cw said it was on them and there will be no charge since we are good customers ( considering we bought a 2012 keystone outback and 8 months later traded in on the Winnie). So we are very pleased with them. Thank you charleston sc camping world!
Double check everything that CW repairs. My assessment of this CW is that their techs are not qualified for repairs. I have used them twice and each time was disappointed in their workmanship. My position now is that no one from the Charleston S.C. CW store can even look at my motorhome. I had my windshield replaced last year and the glass company has an agreement with CW to use their shipping dock as a platform and I was informed about this. I instructed the glass company it would be okay as long as NO ONE from CW touched my motorhome or was part of the glass replacement process. The replacement looked factory perfect and I know if CW had done it, the windshield would have leaked.
buck62 is offline   Reply With Quote