Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-17-2011, 09:45 AM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
She loves me too........

She sneaks in bed with me about every morning. She tip toes in and quietly assumes a place in my arms. Sometimes she will softly sneak up to my pillow and give me a butter fly kiss on the cheek before she lays down for me to cuddle her. She loves to have her belly scratched very softly. She will stretch out and lay on her back to expose her soft tummy and look at me with big brown eyes and sometimes give me another kiss on the chin when I am rubbing just right on her tummy. Often times she will doze off laying in my arms knowing I will watch over her and let no harm come to her as she sleeps peacefully resting her head on my arm. Sometimes I will just lay there and watch her sleep. I listen to her breathing and remember all the tribulations she has gone thru in her life. She was never appreciated or loved or even cared for by the previous man in her life. She was mistreated and simply tossed away like yesterdays garbage when she was of no use any longer. She came into my life by pure accident. It was fate that brought her to me and a love was born when I first looked into those big brown eyes.

We have been together for a long time now. Each of us learning from the other and each of us giving and getting love and comfort from the other. About every day we will walk together. No particular destination or purpose of the walk just the ambiance of togetherness and the trust in each other that we, each will keep the other safe regardless of unknown circumstances. I can feel the warmth of her love for me and I just know she feels the same. She will stroll along looking at me and I feel wonderful to be in her company. Sometimes folks will stop us and tell us what a cute couple we are and how they so admire her for her charm, that pretty face and those ever present big brown eyes that will just melt your heart.

Every day I thank God for bringing her into my life and it is my prayer that she will be with me until I die. When that eventually happens I have made instructions that I should be cremated and at her death she will be cremated and our ashes mixed together and we shall spend eternity wrapped in each others arms forever along with Willa, Gus and Finnie ...........
Did I mention that ''her'' name is Gypsy, our ''toy'' Yorkshire Terrier that Willa found on the side of the road?

God bless our troops and bring them home soon and safe …...
Seajay is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-17-2011, 09:49 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Seajay; A very nice and heart warming story. Thanks for sharing.
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 12:44 PM   #3

Send a message via MSN to FatDog
them little furry s.o.b.'s play a large part of my life,
a 4th stray may have entered our home for good last night if i can't find its lost owner today, i'm driving around town today looking for "LostDog" notices,
all of ours snore loud, and at the foot of our bed, its kinda like the sound of an army barracks on a Sunday night,
pugs and bulldog and strays,
those furry little hounds of ours
FatDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 12:53 PM   #4

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I knew were you were going and I still got tears.
Old 01-19-2011, 01:14 PM   #5
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I thought you were gong to describe your sailor's life, but then it became apparent that you were talking about the little furry one.

Nice.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 04:05 PM   #6

We thought over Christmas we would be putting our 12 lab down. She began to have indoor accidents in the night. Then, when got back home to Iowa she had another indoor accident and we noticed blood in the urine. Our youngest was coming home after Christmas so the plan was not to do anything until after he saw her one last time. So off to the vet we go thinking this is it. We get there and we have to get a urine sample. Right. So the vet, the dog and I go for a walk. I make him be the catcher because she thinks I am weird following behind her and picking up the poo anyway. We get the sample. Bladder infection and the dogs got a few more years on her according to the doc.
sadiebug is offline   Reply With Quote