Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-29-2017, 03:43 PM   #15
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickNC View Post
I get the joke and can even laugh at it. But sexual harassment is no joke, and has gone on way too long in the work place. My wife changed careers over it and my mother put up with it through out much of her career and was assaulted by a client once.
I don't care what political party, religion or racial/ ethnic or sexual orientation group you belong to. If you are guilty you deserve to lose your job your money and suffer all the public humiliation.

Totally agree Rick!

2002 Monaco Windsor 40PBT, 2013 Honda CRV AWD
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-29-2017, 03:45 PM   #16
RVM99

Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSHappyCampers View Post
I guess I should 'fess up before anybody gets the wrong idea! My wife, Annette, was the office manager for our business most of those 37 years!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coral View Post
I figured that out lol. Same here married my office manager too. Going to be 30 years next May. Met her on the job and then went into business together. I harassed the hell out her and still do,
What was your company policy on worker relationships???

bokobird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 03:47 PM   #17
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bokobird View Post
What was your company policy on worker relationships???
We had a strict policy against personal relationships between employees, and I had to fire a good tech one time over that rule, but it did not apply to the owners!

Old 11-29-2017, 03:49 PM   #18

Been sleeping with my secretary for more than 32 years. Asked her about it the other day and she said she already has everything I own and gets my paycheck deposited in her bank account. NO WORRIES!
Old 11-29-2017, 03:52 PM   #19
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by znt1186 View Post
Been sleeping with my secretary for more than 32 years. Asked her about it the other day and she said she already has everything I own and gets my paycheck deposited in her bank account. NO WORRIES!
Zeb, hope you had a pre-nupt!

Old 11-29-2017, 03:56 PM   #20

Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickNC View Post
I get the joke and can even laugh at it. But sexual harassment is no joke, and has gone on way too long in the work place. My wife changed careers over it and my mother put up with it through out much of her career and was assaulted by a client once.
I don't care what political party, religion or racial/ ethnic or sexual orientation group you belong to. If you are guilty you deserve to lose your job your money and suffer all the public humiliation.
I agree! I hope the focus on the widespread abuse throughout all parts of society won't be dropped or forgotten after the recent headlines shift to other issues.

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 03:59 PM   #21

What about those that have been wrongly accused, and their lives tarnished.....those that accuse better not live in a glass house....
Old 11-29-2017, 04:01 PM   #22

Vintage RV Owners Club
You know... men aren't the only predators... it'll be interesting when the stories about women predators start coming out. Most poor fellas take longer to realize they were being used or are told they are 'getting lucky' and don't realize they were used/abused until years later when it becomes apparent to them that they were just someone's 'meat for the day' after which the perp moves on to target another victim. Somehow in America , this is viewed as normal behavior. It's about time for this concept to be shaken up to the core so we can get to a better understanding of healthy personal choices and behaviors. Power is to be used in servitude, not for personal 'gains' or pleasures.
MartySQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 04:14 PM   #23

Two problems I have with all the sexual harassment accusations that have been coming out.

1st: The concept that an individual is innocent until proven guilty apparently has no standing when it comes to sexual harassment claims. I've seen too many military careers ended, or individuals forced into early retirement over accusations that later turned out to be false. Nothing happened to the false accusers.

2nd: It appears to only go one way:

I am a man and I have been sexually harassed by female supervisors on several occasions while on active duty. The two times I made official complaints, I was told to drop the complaint or it would "end badly" for me. The 2nd time (involved a female captain that would continually grab me (and other male officers) by the butt, and other places as well. I was told that "it wasn't sexual if the offender was a female" and that I should just "relax and enjoy it!" I'm not kidding, that was what I was told. It finally stopped when one of my co-workers wives told the captain that she would suffer bodily harm if it continued.
Hit_the_Rhod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 04:28 PM   #24

Quote:
Zeb, hope you had a pre-nupt!
Afraid not. She got me on the "richer or poorer" clause. She is richer and I am poorer. At least on the money part.

She still doesn't know that I got the better end of the deal.
Old 11-29-2017, 07:16 PM   #25

Sexual harassment is not only a male on female phenomenon. It can and does happen in many different situations. But it has often been 'unspoken of' , until as we are now seeing on almost a daily basis.
I have experienced it myself....although I was a much younger man. I was in my early 30's. I had taken on more responsibility and went to the owner of the small business where I had worked for several years, to ask for a raise in pay. He took me to his private office, and rather casually insinuated that I could "make much more money".....for certain "favors to the boss". I left his office, ignored his 'suggestion'...and did not receive a raise.
His secretary told me later that she knew he tried that with every young, attractive male that he thought would fall for it. I soon began to seek other employment.
GoneToTheDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 07:32 PM   #26

Foretravel Owners Club
My only concern is.... At what point in time should a statute of limitations apply??? We were ALL young and foolish at some point in our lives.... Should those imperfections of judgment be held over our collective heads forever???
saddlesore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 07:38 PM   #27

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
I guess I should 'fess up before anybody gets the wrong idea! My wife, Annette, was the office manager for our business most of those 37 years!
Joe, I'm pretty sure you need to apologize to Annette and then give her the opportunity to harass you for the next 37 years.
LarrytheBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 03:42 AM   #28

I wired a small business for upgraded phone service.
The phone company would only do the outside and charge extra for inside wiring.

The small business did not have much extra cash and the owner paid me in sexual favors.

My wife's business saved a lot of money.