Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-28-2011, 10:39 AM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
Show the COLORS on 9/11

The tenth anniversary of that tragic day in September when cowards attacked the civilian population of New York City and Washington, D.C. by the cowardly act of high jacking passenger jets and deliberately crashing them into the Pentagon and the Twin Towers known as the ''World Trade Center'' in New York City.
Our nation watched in real time as the jets crashed into the Twin Towers in a deliberate act of terrorism against the people of the United States of America. We all saw the video to the air liner as it smashed into the Pentagon and we sat and cried when we listened to the last voices coming from flight 93 over Shanksville, Pa as they rushed the cockpit armed with nothing but courage. ''LETS ROLL'' and roll they did as they sacrificed their own lives to stop the terrorist from their intended target. Literally thousands of people died and many before our very eyes as some leaped from the windows and from the roofs of the Twin Towers as the flames approached them. I sat and watched in disbelief that any group could and would do such a hennas act toward innocent people. I heard from some that it was revenge toward the United States for our ''Amelican Fone Bolicy''. I asked which ''American Foreign Policy'', the one where we feed tens of thousands in South Africa that are dieing from some drought or the one where drop tons and tons of food to people that have been ravaged by flood waters after a tidal wave crushes their village. Perhaps it was the incident where we helped innocent children survive after two ''war lords'' fought over the land and destroyed everything seemingly just for the fun of it. Could it be our ''Care'' packages that is freely distributed to all after a national disaster in any corner of the world . It could be that group of ''Doctors Without Borders'' that travel the world on their own dime giving free treatment to any and all that seek a better life thru better health. They work long days for the simple satisfaction of knowing they are helping those that can not help themselves. I never got any kind of reasonable answer to the ''Amelican Fone Bolcy'' question except that it was a bad thing and we were responsible and this was their retribution for same.

I, like many of you, sat and watched the jet liners smash into those tall buildings. I could see the imprint of the airplane in the face of these building and see the rampant fires as they licked their way to the tops of these great buildings. I watched and told my wife Linda that these great buildings would fall from their own weight when the steel got hot enough to start bending. Like you, I watched the brave firemen run into the buildings to help rescue people coming out of these burning hulks. I, like you watched in horror, as the first one and then the second one crumpled to the ground in a burning mass of steel and concrete.
For some reason people did this to this to our great nation to prove a point or to prove a purpose or to ''get even'' for a transgression either real or perceived by themselves. They did this to strike out at our great nation and to put fear into this great nation. It did not work.

The next day after the incident you could not buy an American flag anywhere. All were ''sold out'' and flying from front porches and pick up trucks and bridges and buildings of every shape and size to show that ''Liberty is not dead here'' and ''Freedom is still alive'' in these United States of America.

What people do not seem to understand is that ''You can not burn nor stamp out nor destroy the idea of freedom that is in the hearts and minds of our citizens. From 1776 when the shot heard round the world was fired in a smooth boar musket to the thousands of brave men and women that patrol the world to this day that ''LIBERTY'' can not be destroyed by any force know to man.

America is a nation that can be pushed and shoved. We can be cheated and lied to and we will always help when the time comes that a country or a people need help and we will be the first to respond and usually with the greatest response to that country or people. Some will take this for weakness on our part and they can not be more wrong. Push this country too far and you will ''Awaken a Sleeping Tiger filled with great resolve.'' Quoted from Admiral Yamamoto of Japan to the emperor when the second world war started. I believe that same ''resolve'' still burns in the heart of every American.

Let us always remember September 11, 2001 and remember the thousands of innocent people that were deliberately killed that day.
Let us always remember who did this terrible deed to this great country.
Let us always remember the brave firemen and police men that rushed into the burning buildings to save the lives of people while most were rushing out to save themselves.
Let the un provoked deeds of 9/11 be burned into our minds and bodies that we will never make that same mistake again by trusting a would be killer and hoping that the killer would be appeased by some thought or act on our part.

Let us all be vigilant in our defense of Liberty and Freedom that was defended so long ago by a ''Minute Man'' standing on Concord Green that raised a musket against the mightiest nation in the world and fired the ''Shot heard round the World''...........

GOD BLESS AMERICA.....

May God bless our troops that are defending Liberty throughout the world this day and may God bless the Veterans that have died by the thousands to keep this country free......

On Nine/Eleven I would ask everyone to show the flag, fly the colors whether it be a postcard size flag taped to your antenna or a 5x8 foot one like the one that I will be waving from the overpass over I-40 so long as this old body will be able to raise the colors and wave them with pride and as a salute to all who have defended freedom and to all who died on that faithful day we call ''Nine/Eleven''.. Join me and we shall show the world and all doubting persons that we are strong and united in our resolve to be free regardless of the threat of any person, group, or nation.

Love this country or leave it. Embrace our values or go elsewhere. Stand with us in our resolve for freedom or stand aside.
God bless America.......

SHOW THE COLORS ON 9/11.......

Nuff said for now...

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-28-2011, 12:15 PM   #2

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Sir:
As one of many Canadians who watched the horror on tv. I will again stand and face
south with respect.

Old 08-28-2011, 12:35 PM   #3

Heartland RV Club
Thank you Seajay. My eyes are tearing up and I cannot type.
You are a great American.
wayne
www.mudflapscampingclub.com
Tallyrver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 12:46 PM   #4
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Very good post, Seajay.

I'll fly the flag.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 01:27 PM   #5
iRV2 Marketing

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seajay View Post
Love this country or leave it. Embrace our values or go elsewhere. Stand with us in our resolve for freedom or stand aside.
God bless America ....... SHOW THE COLORS ON 9/11.......
SeaJay, I would be pleased to ask you to to lead us into the Pledge of Allegiance during the Welcoming Social, at the 2011 National Rally on Sunday evening.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8688.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	467.9 KB
ID:	13358   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4758.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	169.0 KB
ID:	13359  

RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 01:49 PM   #6

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
VERY proud to be an american,when i know theres people like you around--Thank You
Old 08-28-2011, 02:20 PM   #7

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DriVer View Post
SeaJay, I would be please to ask to to lead us into the Pledge of Allegiance during the Welcoming Socialo, at the 2011 National Rally on Sunday evening.
It would be my great honor to do this sir. You just tell me where and when and I will be there. With your permission I would like the right to recognize all the Veterans in the audience at that time if I may. I think we should honor our Veterans at all gatherings like this for their service to this great nation.
Many thanks for this opportunity ...
Seajay the sailor man .......

God bless our troops ....
Old 08-28-2011, 10:05 PM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
To our great neighbours to the south and north west please listen to this radio editorial first said many many moons ago. I believed what Gordon Sinclair said back then is just as important now. Online Speech Bank: Gordon Sinclair - "The Americans"

This was recorded a long time ago and its funny (funny strange no funny ha ha) that the words still resonate and hold true now.

Looking forward to seeing the grande flag fly and on 09/11 your flag will fly at my jouse but just below my own country's flag. Long may you stay as the supreme world power.
Old 08-29-2011, 12:14 AM   #9

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Possum View Post
To our great neighbours to the south and north west please listen to this radio editorial first said many many moons ago. I believed what Gordon Sinclair said back then is just as important now. Online Speech Bank: Gordon Sinclair - "The Americans"

This was recorded a long time ago and its funny (funny strange no funny ha ha) that the words still resonate and hold true now.

Looking forward to seeing the grande flag fly and on 09/11 your flag will fly at my house but just below my own country's flag. Long may you stay as the supreme world power.
I was remiss in not saying I only have a single mast (pole) to fly flags from.
Old 08-29-2011, 07:47 AM   #10
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Well said my friend. The flag will be flying!

2002 Monaco Windsor 40PBT, 2013 Honda CRV AWD
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 08:04 AM   #11

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Possum View Post

Looking forward to seeing the grande flag fly and on 09/11 your flag will fly at my house but just below my own country's flag. Long may you stay as the supreme world power.
It is completely appropriate that a neighboring county's flag fly below that of your own sovereign nation, no matter how many flags or flagpoles.

We thank you and all Canada for your friendship and support on this day of remembrance.

Senior Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 10:37 AM   #12

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Flag Mount

I have seen a portable flag mount in campgrounds, but now that I am trying to buy one I can't find it. Can anyone tell me of a source for this mount that appear to be made of PVC, holds the flag at about a 45 degree angle, and allows it to swivel with the breeze? This mount will let me fly the flag at home or on the road.
SVTotem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 10:45 AM   #13
iRV2 Marketing

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTotem View Post
This mount will let me fly the flag at home or on the road.
I have seen those PVC stands all over like you have however this what I use. My flag flys so everybody in the campground can see it!

Available at RVUpgrades.com
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 05:59 PM   #14

Yes, my flag will be flying on 9/11 as it does every day.

10 years later, as a retired NYC firefighter, I will be shedding a tear (sorry, it's just something I cannot help but doing, since for me it is the most emotionally draining day of the year) for the 343 brother firefighters who perished on that horrid day as well as for the almost 3000 innocents who also died. The photos depicting the horrors of 9/11 will be with me always. The memories of my fellow co-workers will be with me always.

It's unfortunate that the slogan "Never Forget" seems to been all but forgotten by many & that so many of our youngsters have no idea of the tragedy that occured a mere 10 years ago.

Sadly, I remember. Jodann