Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-12-2008, 05:56 PM   #1

Vintage RV Owners Club
Well now that the first day of the new music line up is over, is as bad for sirius users as it is for xm users.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-12-2008, 05:56 PM   #2

Vintage RV Owners Club
Well now that the first day of the new music line up is over, is as bad for sirius users as it is for xm users.
Old 11-13-2008, 05:11 AM   #3

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Hope&Rick:
Well now that the first day of the new music line up is over, is as bad for sirius users as it is for xm users. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
hummmmm! ...what is bad about it?
iRV2.com Member #216

2012 Arctic Fox 29-5T (Northwood Mfg) 5th wheel - 2014 RAM 3500:cool dually
Rich & Zara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 07:36 AM   #4

Vintage RV Owners Club
Howard Stern is involved in it, sadly, so no XM for me, ever. I had thought about getting it at one time for the Old Time Radio channel and the Swing music station, but now that Ole pervert Howard is in the mix, I don't want any of my money going to support that pig.
'06 Heartland Bighorn 3400RL Fifth wheel
Follow along with me in the The Journey of
RedneckExpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 07:40 AM   #5
Administrator in Memoriam

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
So now I have to check out the new line up on XM.

I hope Phlash Phelps is still on the 60's.

Route 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 11:51 AM   #6

Vintage RV Owners Club
A few channels gone from XM. Many DJ's have changed, just not the same music
Old 11-13-2008, 12:28 PM   #7

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Can we pick up broadcasting from XM birds with our Sirius receivers?

My wife does all the driving - I just hold the wheel...
Gadget Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 01:45 PM   #8

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Hope&Rick:
A few channels gone from XM. Many DJ's have changed, just not the same music </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It seems to the better for us here, however, nothing will please everyone ...just like the election results.

We are currently signed up through XM since early 2003 and even during that time have seen many changes in their programming lineup ...that will happen on ANYTHING you receive that is transmitted, TV, Radio, etc., something we all have to accept or opt out altogether. As for the music not being the same (???), there are tooooooo many channels to pick from, therefore, the average person should not have a problem to select what they want to hear.

To comment on what J. McKenzie has to say about Howard Stern, I have to agree ...don't have the least desire to hear him either. At the present time, one that is currently signed up through XM will have to pay an extra fee to get certain programs, i.e., Howard Stern, Playboy Channel and a few others ...I suppose Howard would be getting part of that fee? It might be the same setup on Sirius ...someone that is signed up directly to Sirius might be able to give an answer.

Rich
iRV2.com Member #216

2012 Arctic Fox 29-5T (Northwood Mfg) 5th wheel - 2014 RAM 3500:cool dually
Rich & Zara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 02:17 PM   #9
Administrator in Memoriam

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Can we pick up broadcasting from XM birds with our Sirius receivers? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No.

There are supposed to be receivers in the works that can receive both signals.

Route 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 02:58 PM   #10

Vintage RV Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rich & Zara:
A few channels gone from XM. Many DJ's have changed, just not the same music </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It seems to the better for us here, however, nothing will please everyone ...just like the election results.

We are currently signed up through XM since early 2003 and even during that time have seen many changes in their programming lineup ...that will happen on ANYTHING you receive that is transmitted, TV, Radio, etc., something we all have to accept or opt out altogether. As for the music not being the same (???), there are tooooooo many channels to pick from, therefore, the average person should not have a problem to select what they want to hear.

To comment on what J. McKenzie has to say about Howard Stern, I have to agree ...don't have the least desire to hear him either. At the present time, one that is currently signed up through XM will have to pay an extra fee to get certain programs, i.e., Howard Stern, Playboy Channel and a few others ...I suppose Howard would be getting part of that fee? It might be the same setup on Sirius ...someone that is signed up directly to Sirius might be able to give an answer.

Rich </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

My comment is based on the fact that Sirius owns XM now, and thus even if you aren't paying the fee, you're still indirectly supporting Sterns perversion by paying subscription fees to XM, which are really subscription fees paid to Sirius, Stern's backer.

For the longest time and still am, I believe that FCC regulations that apply to terrestrial radio should also apply to satellite as well. If they did, then Stern wouldn't be an issue as he'd be right back behind the 8 Ball where he belongs.
Old 11-14-2008, 02:46 AM   #11

Newmar Owners Club
I was not going to say anything about the good, bad & ugly of the merger but, first of all we have Sirius Radio and it came with the car with a year free service. Well after a year we were so happy with Sirius that we renewed and when buying the MH had it installed. There is nothing like going down the road and listening to the music, sports[football-nascar] or just talk shows.
Now do we have to listen to everyone, NO we just program what sations we want to hear and guess what, it's well worth the monthly cost.
Should the FCC regulate satellite radio NO. Does it regulate cable TV. It is up to us to judge what we listen to or watch.
Is Howard Stern programed into my radio No, but that is my choice not someone else telling me what is good, bad or ugly.

THE MIND IS LIKE A PARACHUTE, IT MUST BE OPEN TO WORK
read & learn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 08:08 AM   #12

Vintage RV Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Does it regulate cable TV. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Um, yes, yes it does. The broadcasters must meet fairly stringent regulations on content set forth by the FCC. The only stations that are not under this are the specialty Pay-Per-View stations which are not normally accessible to the viewer without having to make a specific request or "order".

When was the last time you heard someone drop the F-bomb on TV that wasn't censored?
Old 11-14-2008, 09:27 AM   #13

Tiffin Owners Club
Hi Read and Learn,
I like your attitude and feel exactly the same way.
As for Joseph's comment about cable TV - well, we must be getting some different cable tv way up north.
I too don't like some of it and then I just don't tune in to those channels or stations, period.
Old 11-15-2008, 03:14 PM   #14

Newmar Owners Club
Thanks Joseph for reminding about the FCC and how they regulate. You're right the FCC does regulate BASIC CABLE, but is does not regulate what is on CABLE OR BROADCAST TV during Prime Time viewing or programs what you pay for.
If you want to see some real sexy or sexual talk watch the soaps during the daytime hours or watch the afternoon talk shows. How do they get away with this is they have a DR. explaining what just shocked you and your 3 year old. How about a 3/4 year old asking what sex is or how come that lady doesn't know who the father of her children is. [Maury]
How about The Jerry Springer Show that show naked people fighting and beating up on one another, male punching females what message is this sending to our kids.
I think you and I both agree that radio and tv has gone to far, but is up to us to regulate what we listen too, watch on tv and make sure we tell our young kids what is GOOD, BAD AND UGLY and not big brother

THE MIND IS LIKE A PARACHUTE, IT MUST BE OPEN TO WORK
read & learn is offline   Reply With Quote