Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 07-05-2013, 05:37 PM   #15
There are several CG/RV parks down here in NC. and a lot of them offer cable tv as well. I would spend a day on line and check all the forums and woodalls as well.

Doug & Darlene Morgan RVM96 & Abby Gabby(pooch)
04 Dolphin 6375 LX W-24 Chassis #434136
"The Journey is our Destination"Hickory,NC
Dmorgan6375 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-06-2013, 08:24 AM   #16
I started my RVing in 2000 from my home in Shelton, Wa. I soon learned that I hated RV parks because it is like living in an Apartment (with thin walls) when I was used to a minimum of at least two acres per home, and that meant too many people in too small of an area. So I set up my rig for Boondocking, and have not been in an RV park in about ten years or so and would not even consider it. Oh, I forgot to mention that I'm A-social anyway. The point being that if you prefer living with a lot of people around, RV parks ar the place to go. If you like your solitude, Boondocking is just the ticket. I point this out because I know that Vancouver has a lot if it's area in open areas, as opposed to city type living. Ed

Ed-Sommers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 08:49 AM   #17
Workhorse Chassis Owner
We stay in Coyote Ridge RV park in Bouse AZ. Bouse is about 25 miles from both Quartzsite and Parker.
Parker has supermarkets, pharmacies and Walmart plus a good hospital..

$160 per month with metered electricity. Electricity is $0.20 per KwH. We don't need to use the ACs and our cost per month for electricity is about $50.
Not fancy has desert landscaping. Nice people that come back year after year.
Clay WA5NMR - Ex Snowbird - 1 year, Ex Full timer for 11 years - 2004 Winnebago Sightseer 35N Workhorse chassis. Honda Accord toad.
Clay L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 01:30 PM   #18
Monaco Owners Club
Larry...we live just up the river from you, but on the dryer side of the mountains. My wife and I have headed south the last 4 years, spending Christmas and New Years in Las Vegas, and then heading to Florida. We love the beaches of Florida and end up going all the way to Key West. There are some great State Parks to stay in along the way. We spend a total of 6 months on the road...five months of that are in Florida.

We are also retired, but have actually found that we spend less money when we are travelling than when we stay home. And that includes eating out almost every day (seafood) once we hit Florida. Just have to pick your spots and check out where the locals go. We are getting ready to do it again.

Bev & Dick and Fuzzy the cat
2005 Safari Cheetah 38
2009 Honda CRV dinghy
Dick1142 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 05:16 PM   #19
Full-timers. We winter in Yuma....Oct/Nov thru May 1. Absolutely LOVE it. We bail out and head North for travel before the heat really sets in. This is our third year. I had so many misconceptions about Yuma (base on too many old westerns lol) Wonderful place. Town is big enough to have everything you need but not a monstrosity like Phx/Mesa or Tucson area. Los Algodones, MX is right there where we get all of our optical, dental, Rx, Tequila and great Mexican food (lunch). One of the few border towns that has not been affected by any of the drug nonsense afflicting other parts of the border. Winter weather is great. Love sitting around in shorts and a tank in Jan. Some wind as there is with all desert areas but not bad. All part of the Imperial Valley so Co River runs right thru Yuma, green and mostly surrounding Ag land. Lots of recreation depending on what you're into. Golf, ATV, boating, racing (car and sand drags), liq prices are great, esp in Los Algod., etc. Phx is 3.5 hours and San Diego 3 hrs. One of the best kept secrets around for winter place to hang.
RetiredFPD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 07:51 PM   #20
Thor Owners Club
Yuma had not been on our list but sounds interesting. Perhaps we need to check it out also. Thanks
06 King of the Road 37RLQS
06 Coachman Cross Country 5.9L 300HP 382 DS
03 Jeep Wrangler, 4.0L James, Trina, SMSgt, USAF Ret
Kro1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 05:55 PM   #21
Try the Rio Grand Valley, south Texas . Warmer than Az. & NM. Just never got used to the rock and sand landscape.
Less traffic and cheaper than Florida!
This coming winter will be our tird winter on S. Padre Is. ,Tx. At the KOA.
If you book three months it is $800.00 per mo. Including elec.
Have to put up with a little wind and rain.
poppopc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 06:04 PM   #22
Thor Owners Club
River front for $350 per month

Try the Pirates Den RV Resort just outside of Parker. We stayed there this winter and paid $350 per month. They have a restaurant, bar, boat moorage and flea market every Saturday. Located on the river and backing onto a great golf course.
"You only get old when you are no longer interested in new things" - my grandma who passed at 92 years old.
tladouceur58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 06:10 PM   #23
Tucson, AZ

Great weather and lots to do
1998 Newmar Dutch Star, 3126B Cat/ Freightliner
2003 Honda Element
" Don't let the same dog bite you twice "
datrbone8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 10:41 AM   #24

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Originally Posted by Kro1957 View Post
Yuma had not been on our list but sounds interesting. Perhaps we need to check it out also. Thanks
Back in the 80's when I drove a semi over the road we went to Yuma Az. to fill out the trailer with Lettuce, then head back to ND,MN. unload then head back out to CA or Washington with a load of Meat.
I miss it but but maybe I can take the MH back out there instead, I thought Yuma was pretty.

1982 Pace Arrow 30ft.
KarKaddy SS, Toad:99 Concours
Lilly and Rubie Our 4 legged Kids & Tim & Joe
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote