Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 01-24-2006, 06:58 PM   #15
We have been married 40 yrs. this past Nov. We have had 5 TT 5 CLASS C's are in our 1st class A. We have been camping 33yrs. and enjoyed every one of them. Retired three years ago left Pa.on first long trip 5mos. into the trip, on our way through AZ. we stopped and bough the new class A. We landed back home 5mos. later and we both agree we enjoy camping. We are now camping 6mos. goning home and spend 6mos. there to get the house in shape so we can leave again.We are debating full time,we enjoy it that much. It is a hard decision but I feel we will do it.

RJK is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-25-2006, 05:11 AM   #16
Nor'easters Club
Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
We will have been married for 33 years in June. We were together for a few years before that. We tented off and on for many years until we bought a popup in '98, a year later our first tt, then another tt and about 3 years ago our 5th wheel. We are best friends and we still have a great time together. We love going off in the camper and we are looking forward to some longer term trips in 5 or 6 years when we retire. There is so much to see on this continent and I can't wait to see it.

Lynnvt & George (DH), Sam the traveling pooch
2014 Primetime Crusader 32' fifth wheel
Lynnvt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 06:52 AM   #17
Married 49 years, been camping for 43 years!!
Started out in a borrowed tent. We had been married 5 years, and I had never taken a vacation. She insisted that I take time off and go somewhere. I agreed, if we went camping. Thought that would be the last time I would hear about a vacation. Had a miserable time. Rained all the time.
The next year we bought our first tent, and worked our way up to a MH. Been camping ever since!
Grumpy and Mrs. C.
From the corrupt state of Illinois
Grumpy9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 08:19 AM   #18
Well, I guess we're the "newlyweds". We got met on Tuesday, September 1, 1998 and got married on April Fools Day in 2000. We had her keep her name as she comes from a family of all girls. Foolish to change her name.

I've camped since I was a young Boy Scout. Spent every summer camped in a pup tent in the backyard in NH. When I was transferred to USC from Boston, my second wife (I've had two others) and the four kids camped all the way across the country. Being in the military, it was a lot less expensive. We had a big 11x14 tent. We went camping again a few times. After the divorce, I used to go camping every weekend on my gold prospecting trips to central and northern CA. I even camped in the snow in Yosemite on Christmas in 1993.

My dream was to own an RV and travel this great country. When I was awarded 100% disability from the VA, the back pay enabled us to get an RV. My wife loves it. She has done some minor camping so this is all new to her. We want to go fulltime, but it's difficult with all the doctors' appointments. And, we have to get rid of everything in the apartment.

We going to Palo Alto VA on Jan. 31 as I have some outpatient foot surgery on Feb. 1. We're taking the motorhome and dry camp in the parking lot. It's a 3-hour drive from here and I have to be there at 7 a.m. and have another appointment the next day. So, with the motorhome we're actually looking forward to it.
<font color="#0000ff">George Eldridge

Cynthia Totten</font>
Webster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 09:13 AM   #19
Moderator Emeritus
Well I grew up "Campin" with our family. (Mom, Dad, my sister and I) Mon and Dad bought a slide in truck camper when I was about 8.

I was also in the Boy Scouts (Made Eagle in 1975) so I did a lot of tent campin too.

Cathy grew up tent campin with her family.

We got married 25 years ago (August 16,1980) and went on our Honeymoon in a Slide in truck camper I owned (Well after the wedding I guess WE owned it) at the time.

Been avoiding hotels as much as we could ever since day one!
Don Fauntleroy (W5IT) 99 F-350 Cab and Chassis with a Herrin Hauler bed now towing a 2006 3612 DS Raptor Toyhauler. 2002 and 2006 National Rally Wagonmaster.
"Words of Wisdom"
Don (W5IT) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 02:12 PM   #20
Community Moderator

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
We have been married 47 years. It will be 48 in Feb. We purchased our first M/H in 1992. It was a 1987 Pace Arrow 34'. We are still in love with each other and camping. We have cabin fever and can't wait for spring so we can go again.

Don & Bev
Don & Bev Morgan Weyauwega WI, 05 Itasca Horizon 40KD, 400 HP Cummins, Delorme GPS LT 40, Toad 07 Saturn Vue AWD, Air Force One, TST 510 TPMS, Mayor of Weyauwega 2007 - 2013, Waupaca Co Board Supervisor 2010 - 2014
Petro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 05:56 AM   #21
We've been married for 34 years and have been camping, on an off, for 30 of those years. We'd tent, PUP, tent with motorcycles and regular tent, TT, tent, TT, and our newest TT.

We don't "camp" so much anymore, we "RV" by getting away from the duties and chores of being at home. We go to the campground to "relax" and get away from yard/house work, and computers (my job) and my wife's customers (she takes care of the elderly).

Our new TT is to get away, relax, and either watch some TV, DVD or just listen to the radio. We walk the dog and walk the dog and walk the dog. :wink: It also gives us time to read "The Good Book!" and just simply reflect on it.

2004 Chevrolet Avalanche Z-66 3.73:1

2006 Crossroads Cruiser CT-28FB
kw5kw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 04:17 PM   #22
Moderator Emeritus

Vintage RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Been married for 37 years this June 14th. We met about 1-1/3 years before that. I grew up camping with the family...no tent, sleep under the trees on a cot. My wife and I camped first with a borrowed tent and later bought a tent. Finally got a pop up in 1985 and been having a ball ever since.

I told her that I could not make it getting rid of her...heck, I'm to old to survive retrainig.

Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|Full-Time! - 2012 6.7L Ford Crew Cab Dually -2013 HitchHiker Champagne 38RLRSB - Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 02:33 PM   #23
Community Moderator

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Went with DW for three months said thats it, got drafted got married got shipped off to Alaska. That was back in Sept 1956 so I guess I WIN.
Been camping since 70, MHing since 86 only way to travel with some 60 kids we helped thru life mostly abused babies and young siblings.
We still have adopted twins 18 girls,two boys 18,17 and one girl that can't leave home 23 in college. Have another adopt daughter married to a Marine who strighted her out with three boys. We did raise our first family two boys and a daughter who are in there 40's.

Isn't life just great. "007"
98KSCA, 99MACA, 03 KSCA-3740- 8.1 Chev-- ALLISON Trans, now in good hands
"007" is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 04:32 PM   #24
We have been married for 23 years and camping together for 25 years. After 7 years bought our first trailer. Our son was camping at 3 months old in a tent, with us.
99 F-350 4X4 PSD pulling a 24' Nash travel trailer
JRNOLL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 05:35 PM   #25
Tiffin Owners Club
We're coming up on 39 years - in August. This is our first RV, which we've had since last August.

We both went through several years of "camping" with our two sons when they were kids and involved in Boy Scouts - and that was in TENTS!
Warren and Debbie
2014 Tiffin Allegro Breeze 32BR
SeeTheUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 03:33 AM   #26
Monaco Owners Club
33 years in May. Got our 1st MH in 76
Bob Russo
Formerly had 07 Neptune 36PDQ, ISB 325, Allison 2500, Source Trailing Arms and Ride Enhancement Kit, Demco KarKaddy 460SS.
Currently no Motorhome
Nonno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 06:08 AM   #27
We were married February 9th 1968, borrowed her Dad's pickup and TT, then spent our honeymoon in the snow at Yosemite.
Since then we have camped in our own tents, vans, travel trailer, tent trailer, class C, and now class A motorhome.
Thinking about Alaska this year, and looking forward to the next 38 years
'97 Bounder, 32H, Chevy 454; ipd, Bilsteins, Air Lift, Banks, Hendersons, Solar.
Loren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 04:11 PM   #28
New Horizons Owners Club
I started as a Boy Scout in those oh so sweet smellin' canvas tents. Continued with just a sleeping bag and a motorcycle during high school. Met my future wife in '72, married her in '78 (that's 28 years of marriage). After college we started back-packing throughout northern New Mexico and the Texas Panhandle. When my second child was on the way, the wife just HAD to go camping only days before her due date. It was our first exposure to an RV campground. We were the only tent in the place. Wow, electricity and water within a couple of steps.

As soon as the second baby was on the ground we started car-camping in a serious way, started allowing ourselves to bring luxurious heavy items like ice and canned drinks.

Finally, in 2000 we made the big jump up to the true luxury of a pop-up. Then a 5th wheel in 2003. The kids, both teenagers at the time, were not happy campers. They wanted the pop-up back! They said the 5th wheel just didn't feel like camping. My now 20 year old daughter has acquired her own tent and loves introducing her college roommates to camping.

The wife and I are vigorously making plans for early retirement and absolutely complete fulltiming. We are getting down to nothing but a 5th wheel and tow vehicle as soon as we can.

'06 F-550 PSD Tow Boss
2012 37' Majestic by New Horizons
BLOG: www.CuRVWander.blogspot.com
jperry29 is offline   Reply With Quote