Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 02-18-2006, 03:36 PM   #29
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
We were married 35 years last December and have been "camping" together on and off since 1998. We did a couple of rentals before buying ours 2 years ago.

I was a Boy Scout (Eagle in '63) and enjoyed tent camping but DW isn't of the tent persuasion so we compromised on a MH. I was swinging in a hammock at a CG last month, remembering all of camping nights, especially in the rain and was really glad about that compromise. That doesn't really tell the whole story,though, because we've had a 22 foot sailboat since '85 and spent many days and nights on it with our kids.

2000 Georgie Boy Landau 36' DP
2005 Saturn Vue toad
chasfm11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-18-2006, 06:30 PM   #30
Administrator Emeritus

Both of us married for the second time in '94,honeymooned in our new fiver at TGO in Titusville.She was born and raised into camping,from early truck camper her folks had when she was a kid to the fiver they bought when we bought ours...One more fiver,then went the "A" route.

rebelsbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2006, 08:09 PM   #31
For us, almost 19 years in June. Been camping the whole time- it's our favorite get-away. Started with a tent trailer we bought from her mom, went to a 1977 Holiday Rambler 28' TT that was built like a brick poophouse, then on to our first TH which was a 1995 WW SLC3705, and now our new WW SLC3905 and F350 DRW King Ranch. I've had the hots for an HDT (Class 8, either a KW T2000 or a Pete 387), but the DW would rather go to a MH and trailer combo if/when we ever get to that point.

BTW...the HR has been following us ever since we owned it- it seems to like it "in the family"! WE see it almost every camp trip with our friends. Luckily, I've forgot most of what I know about it.

WWFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 04:27 AM   #32
I have enjoyed reading this thread, compared to a lot of you we are "newlyweds" as well. We celebrated our 13th anniversary recently.

We were both married once before, while we were young and knew it all Truth is we just married the wrong person.... just like everyone tried to tell us. LOL

We met the summer of 1992, were engaged in October and married in January 1993. When it is right you know it! We started camping shortly after becoming empty nesters because we had more time and a bit more money in our pockets.
Happy trails!
Cat (& Jimmy)
New to us: 2003 Damon Ultrasport 3873
OkieCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006, 07:25 PM   #33
Started camping whle coon hunting back in about 1964 or so....as a kid, behind my Dad....
At age 20 lived in a tent that I sset up each night at Coppell Lake just above Dallas, TX. I worked at the S & H Green Stamp Redemption Center on Oak Lawn off Stemmons Fwy during the day...
Over the years have had International Travelall, Dodge TransVan, and a 17' Class C MH.
Wife and I have been married since 2000 and we just bought our first MH together. 1989 model 32 footer.....We shall see if we enjoy the travel thing these days....
1976 Prowler

1989 Winnebago
Boss Hogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 02:54 PM   #34
Married for 10 years... and on one of our "weekend dates" we passed an RV for sale. We stopped to look at it and decided that we both wanted to travel this way. Actually stopped at an RV dealership to look. A few years later we bought out 1st. class C..(actually bought 2 in one weekend! LOL!!). (our 2nd year of marriage). We've been hooked every since! Did the tent camping (in a previous life - of course younger -). Since we are bestest friends, the close quarters never bother us. All of our travels are a joint effort, which brings us closer together.
Turn left but never bump draft in a corner~

2001 Winnegago Brave
Tessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 04:47 PM   #35
Ford Super Duty Owner
My Wife and I started dating in 1983 (I was raising two boys & she was raising two girls so we just dated) and I purchased a wrecked airplane in 1986 which she help me rebuild and we flew around the country camping under the wing in a small tent until 1992 when we got married. Yep, we dated for almost 10 years (got married after kids left each nest)! We graduated to a camper shell on a Nissan pickup and traveled around the country in that for awhile. When I was forced into retirement in 2001 we purchased a 1995 Class C and camped in that for several years and recently purchased a 1996 Winnebago Vectra. I have a difficult time getting my Wife to pack enough things in the motorhome because of all the years camping out of the airplane where we only had a space measuring 3' wide x 3' high x 1 1/2' deep to pack EVERYTHING including tent. I'm sure she will soon learn about all of the room in the Winne!
2008 Tiffin Allegro 34TGA
1995 Kia Sportage Toad
Lives in South Western Idaho
milham is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 08:11 PM   #36
iRV2 No Limits Club
We got married in March 1959 and started camping in a 195? VW bus with a 5 yr old DD and a 1 yr old DS in the mountains of Colorado, west of Denver, Loveland, Ft Collins from 1965. We tried a tent once, delivery van, Open Road slide in truck camper, 26 foot Airstream (1965 mod) 32 foot TT and now 23 foot MH. When I was a kid our dad took us camping a lot to rivers and creeks in a car with blankets and a big ole coffee pot, an iron skillet and fishing gear. I guess I will probably be found dead at a campout somewhere sometime.

See yall in the funnies, Warren
Warren SKP 1605 Spook the wander dog
1985 Champion Transtar 23' with Chev 350-4.10 drw CHUCKWAGON
Newmar Dutchstar 3450 460 banks RVM75 Sheneeda Bunch O`Gas
WAGM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 06:23 AM   #37
You people sure make me feel old. Come Dec.31 will make us 50 years married. I tell everyone I needed a tax break so we got married.
Camped in tents,station wagons(station wagons? Don't hear that name anymore)VW,class C and Class A.
Fulltiming for 6 years.

An Indian and a Gyposy
full-timer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 06:40 AM   #38
[QUOTE]Originally posted by full-timer:
...,station wagons(station wagons? ...
take a look, the modern SUV's are nothing more than station wagons that don't look like station wagons.
I feel that the SUV's are so hot because the majority of them are still rear wheel drive while the cars have gone to front wheel drive. People do like rear wheel drive.

It's kinda wierd that Chrysler's "Brought-Back" the station wagon isn't it? And, they're sellin'!

2004 Chevrolet Avalanche Z-66 3.73:1

2006 Crossroads Cruiser CT-28FB
kw5kw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 02:22 PM   #39
We met and married after 11 days and in May it will be 35 years. We both grew up in Scouts backpacking and 'real' camping. When we first got married we bought a 'tent' trailer from Grants department store. We called it a glorifed tent - nothing inside but a dry floor. We used that for years taking our kids camping in the mountains where the only modern convinence was an 'out house'.

In 1989 we took 5 weeks to tour the country and visit hb's family in Mass., living out of the back of a Toyota pickup. It had a higher canopy which enable us to make a bunk above our 'bed' for the kids to sleep on.

Over the years we progressed to a camper (hated it), TT, 5th wheel (hated it), and a Class A. 1992-1996 we lived fulltime in a 31' TT then a 36' 2 bedroom TT with a slide with our teenage kids. Our son went into the military and our daughter was going to stay home to we traded it in for a home of which she moved out before we even moved into the house.

After 8 years we said 'good-bye' to the stationary house and hello RV World . (We had two reasons for this: itchy feet and wanted the kids to be out for good!) We have been living in it for 1 1/2 years now and have no desire for a stationary home. We are currently workamping on the Oregon Coast and will be heading back to NH in May to work the summer there and visit HB's family. Then it is on the road again to the next job.

The biggest benefit next to being able to travel and be mobile is: there is plenty of room for the grandkids to spend a few nights, but no room for their parents to come back home!!

We now 'RV', not camp although some times we do go into campgrounds or remote places. Love being self-contained because it does enable us to dry-camp in remote places. One time we pulled into a free campground on a small mountain lake, parked with the front pointing towards the lake and enjoyed the wildlife, sunset and sunrise. It was quiet (we didn't use the generator) and peaceful. We even used the 'out house' for old times sake!!

2000 Sea View 34' Ford V10
rvgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote