Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-31-2013, 11:32 AM   #29

Damon Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
it happens my dad backed over his cord and pulled it out of the box, sparks and neat light show ensued.

his card is now about 2 feet shorter

he had moved it over to roll back a foot or so....but some how he rolled forward first and then back and BAM the cord moved

he was embarrassed

situational awareness is everything

we drove home with a full 32 ox beverage balancing on the back of the truck......while it was on the trailer

powerboatr is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-31-2013, 12:07 PM   #30

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
The PO of our MH has a "don't forget the TV antennia" streight ahead of the sterring coloum. Haven't left it up once. I just wish he had one that said "don't back into that tree, before- "Opps" Too Late, nope not going to say it...
But I see it everytime I walk around the rear of the MH before departure.

I think it goes "stupid does as stupit says"
JMO,Tim ;}

spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 01:14 PM   #31

Newmar Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I have yet to do any damage to the MH because I do a walk around and then I do a stand off. By that I mean I walk away from the front so that I can see if the manual antenna is up and if all the awning are in and nothing sticking out anywhere. However, I did do a real big boo boo when I bought a tow dolly. On the 1st trip and the 1st overnight stop. As I was hooking everythin up and then walking around the MH and doing the walk away it seemed all was well. We left the park and while driving people would pull up and wave at me. Finally, one driver had a passenger and they got me to open my window. SHe was shouting "Your car check your car". I immediately found a place to pull over and went back and checked the car. Everything looked fine so I decided to check all the straps and connections. All was fine except I had not installed the locking pin for ramp and the ramp was banging on the road as we hit various bumps. I called the CG and asked if they could check our assigned site and see if there was a yellow locking pin there. Sure enough, it was right in the middle of the site where I had laid it just prior to loading the car. They said they could overnight it to me at our next stop. Luckily I had some spare bolts/nuts that fit fine to hold the ramp in place until we got to our next CG. So now, after I load the car the 1st thing I do is install the lock pin and then when I do my final checks I start with that also. I was never in danger of loosing the car just possibly grinding the bottom parts of the ramps down some.
TJ (Teacup Poodle 2.7 lbs)
DutchStar38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 01:43 PM   #32

Winnebago Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
We double check each other before leaving. Sometimes 2-3 times. The comment about break in the routine is right on. I think if other people would leave others alone while hooking up and disconnecting, there would be less breaks in routine.
bsirby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 03:06 PM   #33

iRV2 No Limits Club
The only man who makes no mistakes is the man who never does anything.”

Theodore Roosevelt
Dog Folks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 03:24 PM   #34

I had just pulled into our next campground and noticed something long and black along the ground by the MH. The bay door had opened (side opening) and the hose from the sani-con hose had popped out. The door had closed, but there was a length of hose I had dragged, now useless and with out the end. Luck a nearby CW had a replacement hose. Not one driver tried to motion me???
Don't dream your life away, but live your dream
Long Island Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 03:29 PM   #35

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Definition of Accident = Premeditated Carelessness

Have you noticed lately many RV Parks are posting signs that if you Damage anything you will pay for ALL repairs. We'll charge you and or your credit card for any all repairs to your site. Or damage caused by you, your guests, pets to anything in the RV Park. Guess that will stop dogs from wee weeing on bushes. safe travels... ed
Old 12-31-2013, 03:33 PM   #36

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I have not left the power cord connected and drove off. Yet.,.
Previously a 2002 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37A and a 1995 Safari Trek 2830.
vsheetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 03:37 PM   #37

iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by vsheetz View Post
I have not left the power cord connected and drove off. Yet.,.
Neither have I, but my list of mistakes is too large for the computer server to list here!
Dog Folks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 03:49 PM   #38

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
I would never call myself stupid. I let DW handle that side of it. She does a pretty good job of it.

However, we do have a routine and the routine is on a list that she calls out to me and i have to confirm that it is "done." At the very end before we pull out from the S&B, or from a camp site, she does a final walk around checking all the bay doors, the jacks are really up, the antenna down and then all the exterior lights are working as supposed to. She has walked back inside and asked if i was going to disconnect the electric before leaving - that is a way of calling me stupid. My only response is "Oh crap!"
Should have told her the coach batteries were low and you wanted to charge them of the 50 amp until you got to the next CG.
sdennislee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 09:36 PM   #39

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Taking our previous Class C (brand new) out for its first run and used a empty parking lot to do a turn around. Backed up and, "crunch", a sign post sprung up right behind me. And yes, my back up camera was working. Oh well, got that "first scratch in the new paint" over and done with in a hurry.
Old 12-31-2013, 09:46 PM   #40
RVM #74

Tiffin Owners Club
I think that you guys are all a bunch of dumb-asses. It only took me 2 times to stop ripping my power cord out of the outlet.

BTW Happy New Years!
Old 01-01-2014, 07:06 AM   #41

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
For proof it's easy at times to have things like this happen look no further than this thread Stupid stuff you've done.....
sdennislee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 08:28 AM   #42
Moderator Emeritus

Texas Boomers Club
Having the setup/teardown routine interrupted is what gets me. I was unhitching and setting up the 5th wheel when someone came over wanting to talk. In retrospect, I guess I should have risked being perceived as rude and asked if it could wait until I finish setting up. Instead, I resumed my routine, pulled the truck out from under the 5th wheel, and discovered the umbilical from the 5th wheel was still plugged into the receptacle in the pickup bed!! That one took a few hours to repair before we left the campground.

Rusty

2014.5 DRV Mobile Suites 38RSSA #6972
Come join us on a TEXAS BOOMERS rally!
RustyJC is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
power