Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-27-2015, 09:50 PM   #29

Alpine Owners Club
Does getting pulled over for suspected drug running in Missouri count?

We were on our last 200 miles to St Louis running the speed limit..70. Profiled, makes an interesting story.

Stopped for suspected drug running.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-27-2015, 09:59 PM   #30

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler6357 View Post
The gas bill is like getting a speeding ticket every time.
Luckily our last three rigs don't use gas at all!

Mr_D is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 04:48 PM   #31

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
And diesel is free?

Glenn
Old 05-28-2015, 05:02 PM   #32

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Dewald View Post
..... If it is that important take off from work a bit early.
For those of us who own our own businesses or work for a living for others, that is NOT always an option.

While I don't condone speeding to the point of endangering others, or my own, I'm not one for wasting time either.

It's fine to "enjoy the scenery". However, when a motorhome driver has absolutely no sense of urgency, then that's when they can get a ticket for impeding traffic.

We are all on the planet for a limited amount of time. Don't waste that time, especially for others, by not pulling over frequently.
Old 05-28-2015, 05:09 PM   #33

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davdeb1 View Post
....If you are not retired, and have to drive faster to go places because of time constraints, just pick places closer to home.....
That's the funniest thing I have read all day!!

When my grandfather turned 80, (he no longer drove), he always insisted that we "speed up" when anyone was giving him a ride! His reasoning was that he didn't want to waste time.

As a 16 year old kid with a fresh driver's license, driving my grandfather around to run his errands, he taught me to make fun of retirees in their 60's wasting their life and everyone's time on the roads by causing additional traffic! He could identify a retiree driver from a mile away!

He lived to be 98, and he never wasted a minute.
Old 05-29-2015, 11:01 AM   #34

Speeding HA. Got a 89 jd chassis pace arrow 37' . I worry about being that guy from the country song in the harvester.
Old 05-30-2015, 04:14 PM   #35

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeachDude View Post
That's the funniest thing I have read all day!!

When my grandfather turned 80, (he no longer drove), he always insisted that we "speed up" when anyone was giving him a ride! His reasoning was that he didn't want to waste time.

As a 16 year old kid with a fresh driver's license, driving my grandfather around to run his errands, he taught me to make fun of retirees in their 60's wasting their life and everyone's time on the roads by causing additional traffic! He could identify a retiree driver from a mile away!

He lived to be 98, and he never wasted a minute.
I was like that when I was young. Rushing from place to place, experiencing as much as I could and not fully enjoying or appreciating the things I saw and did.

Now I have slowed up and take the time to appreciate the things I see and activities I do. I am enjoying life more now that when I was 30. I take the time to appreciate what I do. Certainly I wish I was 30 again. I think I would slow down and do a few things really well instead jumping through as many things as I could.
Old 06-18-2015, 01:30 PM   #36

The Bounder seems to like 65, so that's where I tend to keep it unless the speed limit is lower. Or I'm going north on I-17 here in AZ, in which case I'm happy if I can keep her up to 50 climbing the hill.
Old 06-18-2015, 06:21 PM   #37

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Some people, and it does not much matter what they are driving, Drive like they are in a big hurry to get to their funeral.

Others drive like they are not in such a big hurry.

One thing many forget is where we all are going.. We are going to our funerals...And I for one, am in NO HURRY.
Old 06-19-2015, 08:07 AM   #38

Jayco Owners Club
It's my opinion that people who speed never recover the time lost in a crash or being pulled over for a traffic violation.