Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-29-2011, 10:18 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by azloafer View Post
It is Ironic that my checking account was just compromised. I was on the phone with my banks fraud department and while I was on hold I was reading about the site that dnstclr suggests we look at in post #24.
Only the book is free- but, yes, they do charge for shipping/handling.
Now Joe, I hope you're not inferring that my response to this thread has anything to do with your bank account being compromised. Also, the owner of the business that is given, Jesse Cannone, is an honorable man with an impeccable record of service and free information on his website. Thousands of people have benefitted from the Healthy Back Institute and their help. Do they sell products and dvd/cd's? Yes. It's a business. Please disregard my posts if you feel it is not right for you. I'm just a guy who benefitted from those dvd/cd's and book, along with regular emails from them about how to better take care of myself and my back.
If I"d been thru the surgeries that you have, I'd be skeptical too. I truely hope you have been given a better future and you will be able to carry on in life without further surgery or pain.
In fact it was just that- my own skepticism- that led me to investigate the claims given on the website. I'm glad I did. To me, non-surgical treatment of back pain - well it's good news. Good enough to share with others.
87_Fixr is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-30-2011, 09:47 AM   #30

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamguy View Post
I have a Dr. appointment tomorrow to talk about the likely stenosis in my back. I can sit and drive just fine but walking/standing is a problem. I fear surgery since I am a staff infection carrier (the nasty one) and I am afraid I will be unable to cure it sometime. I am also allergic to steroids.

Not a pleasant future, I fear!
Well, I am now post-surgery (on Oct. 13) and finishing physical rehab. I went to a spine surgeon and after a couple MRIs he said he could help me. So we talked it over and opted for his plan.

That was, surgery on the affected vertebra(s) with no guarantee of success but high hopes. He operated and fused 7 or 8 bones. The procedures involved L3-L3, L3-L4, L4-L5, L5-S1, T10-S1, L2-L3, L3-L4, L4-L5, L5-S1 and T-S1 I get this info from the Surgical Summmary from the surgeon.

I went to therapy while in the hospital and care center with followup in-home therapy. Following that, I have been going to a Phys Therapy center 3X/week. After the prescribed 12 sessions, I told the therapist I believed I needed a few more sessions. I will find out what happens tomorrow (Monday).

But, after having increasingly severe pain in my lower back for 60 years, I can now say I AM PAIN FREE . It is like a million pound weight has been lifted from my shoulders. I still have muscle pain from the therapy but that is getting better and I can stand for lengthy periods without discomfort.

I hope everyone suffering as I was will take heart and consider surgery for relief.

Dean

2002 Itasca Suncruiser - WH Chassis - 35U - 2006 Jeep Liberty
hamguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 03:08 PM   #31

Winnebago Owners Club
Glad to hear that you are doing well. Joe
Old 01-27-2019, 08:05 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by 87_Fixr View Post
Before you consider surgery, do yourself a favor and look at the following website.You will learn that stenosis is not the problem. It is the result of another problem in your back- probably a muscle imbalance. So if you go thru an operation for the stenosis and STILL have muscle imbalance, your problems will come back. It happens all the time.
No kidding- look here first- there's a lot to learn. I'm speaking from my own experience with sciatia.
Lower Back Pain? Sciatica? Herniated Disc? Get LASTING Relief
What if its just a back pain, i have a friend who thought he got sciatica went to the doctor and explained all the things he experienced just because he read sciatica when in fact its just ordinary back pain. Lower back pain can be linked to the discs between the vertebrae, spinal cord and nerves, abdominal and pelvic internal organs, bony lumbar spine, ligaments around the discs and spine, lower back muscles, and the skin around the lumbar area. In contrast, upper back pain may be due to tumours in the chest, disorders of the aorta, and spine inflammation. I saw an article that clearly explains it https://lowerbackpain.io/back-pain/ i hope this one can help
carlopalaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 12:29 AM   #33

I am faced with a similar problem. It looks like they will have to fuse 5 discs in my neck due to several motor vehicle accidents. It scares the heck out of me! But things are getting much worse and it doesn't look like I have a choice anymore. Scares me to death!
Bahamaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 08:46 PM   #34

My wife has terrible arthritis in her back. She had a laminectomy for spinal stenosis about 14 years ago after suffering for many years in pain. Steroid injections and nerve ablations will just go so far.

Now she has a little sciatica, but where they cut the bone off the nerves she's doing okay.

She suddenly couldn't walk a year ago, and was in a wheelchair for a few months. After a knee replacement, she's back to almost 100% walking.

Now she's needing a mid foot fusion on the bones on the top of her feet--severe arthritis. Each surgery takes you off your feet 7 weeks+. Raising a 7 year old granddaughter doesn't allow time for that. She treats her feet with a TENS unit, lidocaine lotion and Volteran Gel--and they do great together to dull the pain.

My wife's latest thing has been using OBD Oil. It has been a Godsent--simply put. Her medicine usage is down 1/3 and she's much more mellow using OBD.

My wife has been under the care of a pain management clinic for 17 years, and we cannot stress how helpful a good anesthesiologist with a pain mgmt. fellowship can be. Although she is on controlled substances, that is what is required to keep her on her feet, out of the hospital and out of a nursing home. The doctor says to go for the OBD oil if it does you some good.

Don't think you're a he man by not going to a proper pain mgmt. doctor. Look up and you've done irreparable damage by not facing your physical problem soon. Remember that pain is there for a reason, and if you're completely miserable it's time to see the right doctor. And I'm not talking about a chiropractor either.
Bamaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 12:04 AM   #35

I had surgery 4 years ago on my lower back. The pain was bad but I toughed it out. But my legs would go numb at times. Finally went to doc sent me for mir. I am with VA and was in AZ for winter. MRI was in VA hospital. Primary care nurse called since I was out of area and said to get Doc appointment asap. He would get VA going but said to call choice and whoever came first go, he said it was emergency. at times trying to walk I had to look at feet to see if they were moving. Choice came through first. it Wass in El-Centol Ca. went to doc. He sent me to x-rar came back he said it was moving between L-5 and S-1 and arthritis on several. Surgery was done in two weeks. Fused S-1 to L-5 and scraped out enough arthritis bone sprues for fusion. I woke up after 6 hours on table in recovery and wouldn't take anything for pain. Hate drugs. It hurt but I looked forward to less pain. 3 days after even with 5 inches of staples I was in less pain then before. Now I have no pain. doc told me to not lift a lot of weight anymore or will be back to see him. I have listened I can walk and am pain free.
Mt. Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 08:12 PM   #36

Glad you're doing so well, Jim. But few people could or should try to cold turkey any major surgery without meds. There's a reason to take it.

And let me correct my above posting. It's CBD oil that's doing such a good job for my wife, and it's completely natural. CBD oil products is going to be a huge industry in the future.
Bamaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 01:00 AM   #37

Im happy for you jim
carlopalaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 08:38 AM   #38

Only thing I took before and after is Ibuprofen. It has a muscle relaxer in it. I have arthritis in my shoulders and feet sometimes it helps a little. Second night in hospital nurse came in with needle and I asked what it was she said my blood sugar was high, I have never had a problem with any of that. I wouldn't let her told her to go figure it out. She came back in 15 minutes and said she had wrong room number. I don't like hospitals. If I had been high on drugs I would have been in big trouble.
Mt. Jim is offline   Reply With Quote