Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-07-2010, 09:28 AM   #1
CD

Spring???Already!!!

Yesterday was 60F (Puget Sound). I mowed the lawn for the first time (probably should have done it a week or 2 before). Some of the grass was 5/6" tall. Last year on the 15th we had 2" snow. I was outside all afternoon with no coat, just a shirt. I wonder what surprises we have coming before the real spring is here.

'01 3500 Ram QC HO 6sp. BD Exhaust Brake
CD is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-07-2010, 11:22 AM   #2

Workhorse Chassis Owner
CD: Feel lucky: Here in Mid-TN, we'd feel lucky to find some growing grass to mow.

Still a bit leery about getting the coach out of storage and preped for the year travels. Next week, rain but better then the sleet and snow we've had last couple of week. Such fun to be living in the banana belt.

Marty

Old 03-07-2010, 11:54 AM   #3

It was a beautiful day here on the wet coast. We got so excited we bought a truck.
Old 03-07-2010, 12:01 PM   #4

Lucky you. Here in Western PA, we can't even see any grass. I still have about 12 to 14" of snow in my yard as well as the roof on the MH. It has been sunny but temps still in the low to mid 30's. Snow melting slowly as not to cause flooding. Maybe cutting grass in about 6 weeks. Can hardly wait. John H...
John H... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 12:38 PM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CD View Post
Yesterday was 60F (Puget Sound). I mowed the lawn for the first time (probably should have done it a week or 2 before). Some of the grass was 5/6" tall. Last year on the 15th we had 2" snow. I was outside all afternoon with no coat, just a shirt. I wonder what surprises we have coming before the real spring is here.
I'm a few hours south of you and yesterday and today are SPECTACULAR!! Was outside, doing yard work and have already cut the grass twice this year. First time last month. I think that is a record. I've never needed to so early in the year.

This is the view outside my living room window......

Yeah, life is rough!

Sheila
~ Salt Creek Recreation Area Olympic Peninsula, Washington ~
PNWGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 01:09 PM   #6

Well, the snow is gone...the high has been in the 50's for two whole days now, but we sure aren't going to de-winterize just yet. Mother nature as a nasty habit of giving us some more winter just when we think it is over. But, SOON!
MoRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 04:02 PM   #7

Vintage RV Owners Club
Send a message via ICQ to RedneckExpress Send a message via AIM to RedneckExpress Send a message via MSN to RedneckExpress Send a message via Yahoo to RedneckExpress
We have blooms all around here, just in time for the big arctic cold snap to come down from Alaska and kill 'em all off.
'06 Heartland Bighorn 3400RL Fifth wheel
Follow along with me in the The Journey of
RedneckExpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 04:08 PM   #8

Vintage RV Owners Club
Cool

Nearly all the ice is gone out of my driveway, we've been above freezing now for about 4 days and nights. Yesterday afternoon my wife helped me out using an ice scraper to pop the sheet ice up while I plowed it with my truck. I have one 10 foot high snow bank from plowing the majority of the snow and ice there, most of it will be gone by the end of May.
Old 03-08-2010, 06:53 PM   #9
CD

My DW went to a neighboring town (about 10 miles away) this morning and got snowed on but it didn't stick. This afternoon the sun is shining and feels nice. The weather man is predicting possible snow that sticks later tonight and be down to mid 20's by morning. It isn't over yet. That said we have it a lot better than some of you.

'01 3500 Ram QC HO 6sp. BD Exhaust Brake
CD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 04:00 PM   #10

I regularly drive US hwy 99 from Bakersfield to Fresno California. The orchards along there have been blooming for thae last 2 weeks.

"I won't be wronged I won't be insulted I won't be layed a hand on. I don't do these things to other people. And I require the same from them." (John Bernard Books) John Wayne The Shootist his last Movie.
CorsairIIAT is offline   Reply With Quote