Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-24-2013, 09:29 PM   #1

State farm insurance

DFWArea in Texas , I've had state farm for over 20 yrs . I took mt truck away 2 yrs ago
My house and 2 cars still there
I got a 25% increase on my home , only claim was a roof for 5,600
Anybody else have a across the board with state farm ?
capsfloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-24-2013, 09:47 PM   #2

Damon Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
try Farm bureau
they are not affiliated with farmers or state farm
and have super service and great rates
we had Allstate for over 25 years and they just kept going up, even after 25 years and having only one claim

we have our house, rv and truck covered
i saw the other day that state farm and others were trying to recoup hurricane losses and were raising rates at a good clip
Enjoying the 2008 Damon Tuscany 4056, #3998 no your eyes are fine, there are really 6 slides
2022 F150 King Ranch or 2012 Edge toads

powerboatr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 04:24 AM   #3

National RV Owners Club
House, RV and 3 cars with the same State Farm office for the past 20 years with the exception of one month in the middle. I left for a month and regretted it when the new agent dropped my house and applied the payment to my cars. I went back to State Farm and have no reason to leave. Insurance isn't cheap anywhere, so I stay with the person I trust.
Teachrz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 04:37 AM   #4

2X on State Farm...been with them for over 30 years and zero complaints!
Jim Estes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 04:56 AM   #5

Damon Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Send a message via AIM to Shellback1
3x been with State Farm since 1970, cars, house, RV and boat before I sold it.
Shellback1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 05:45 AM   #6

been with state farm 28 years no claims ever just got my bill on my house went up 26 percent .my house is paid for and for 4300.00 a year i will shop around and if i can't find it somewhat cheaper i will put a new meaning to shop till you drop. i figure i can take the same risk my ins. co takes at least till i sell it.
swampdog2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 06:15 AM   #7

Been with State Farm for 33 years. Most of it with the same agent. No complaints.
Caveman CBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 06:16 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by swampdog View Post
been with state farm 28 years no claims ever just got my bill on my house went up 26 percent .my house is paid for and for 4300.00 a year i will shop around and if i can't find it somewhat cheaper i will put a new meaning to shop till you drop. i figure i can take the same risk my ins. co takes at least till i sell it.
Did you ask your agent why it suddenly went up 26 percent?
Caveman CBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 07:05 AM   #9

Winnebago Owners Club
We have state farm for over 30yrs. Everything except my Harley Trike. Have no problems. MOTORHOME,HOUSE,2 VEHICLES,and a umbrella policy on everything
poppy bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 07:37 AM   #10

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I have State Farm on our home, motorhome, pickup and car. The rate usually goes up a few dollars it seems at each renewal date. I would check with my agent if the rates should ever increase 25% all at once. Could possibly be a mistake in billing. Other than a windshield or two, I have never had a claim on the home or vehicles. I have checked around, and find the rates are competitive with other carriers. Hope you find some explanation for the increase.
Old 02-25-2013, 07:46 AM   #11

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Been with State Farm over 20 years myself. House, cars and new TT all covered. I am in NJ where many were hit hard by Sandy but no increase for me. I did check the competition recently and just could not justify leaving SF. No real reason to change at this point but again, no price increases so far for me.
KenNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 09:03 AM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
Had to have Farmer's Bureau on the house as they declared it was a "hobby farm" at 10 acres. Within 2 months we had a lot more money to pay cause well the guy that wrote the thing no longer works there and the reason he was let go was cause he was writing things wrong. Then we never got the new and then we got another new person and again something was wrong with how it was written. Well we no longer have the house, full time in the RV so we no longer have those people that think they know how to do insurance.
We had State Farm on 2 vehicles as the bike was under Progressive. Almost as many problems with State Farm as with FB. Horrible so glad we got rid of them both.
So for right now all the vehicles are with Progressive. No problems so far and it's been almost 2 years.
Old 02-25-2013, 11:08 AM   #13

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I cancelled Progressive on our motorhome a few years ago. They were competitive on their rates going in, but had some pretty stiff increases the last couple of years I had them. I had no claims, so don't know why the increases. I switched the motorhome over to State Farm at that time, as I already had it on the home and cars. I bought Progressive at the recommendation of the selling dealer of the motorhome. I have checked the rates as recently as last year, and they are still much higher than State Farm is charging for the same coverage on the motorhome.
Old 02-25-2013, 11:23 AM   #14

One of my best friends happens to also be my State Farm Agent, H e told me several weeks ago to expect around a 20%+ increase in our rates. That did not ease the pain much but at least it was not a surprise. You can shop till you drop if you want to , but be real careful . you usually get what you pay for and some of the companies out there will not really keep you covered
LDP243 is offline   Reply With Quote