Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-03-2011, 05:27 PM   #1

State of Emergency in NM

Wow, This has been some serious stuff. Schools, State Employees, Kirtland AFB have been closed. We have have been suffering some record breaking lows, -28 in Moriarty where we used to live. Seems Texas has some rolling blackouts causing the Natural Gas Lines to lose pressure due to no electricity. WE have been having some serious problems here.
Gov. Martinez declares a state of emergency | KOB.com

We are thankful to have our Beaver with a hydronic heating system and generator. A class A in our park froze its water heater and it has a iceberg under it. Other rigs have frozen water and are going through propane at a crazy rate. It is dangerous between the wind and low temperatures.
motojavaphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-03-2011, 05:36 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Global warming?
Old 02-04-2011, 04:53 AM   #3

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by HMXDave View Post
Global warming?
Yep, it's gotta be ! The global warming kooks will dismiss this as "isolated" but tout a warm spell some place on earth as "proof" of their folly....
blackf3504dr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 07:16 AM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
If it ''Global Warms'' much more the top half and the western half of the USA will be back in the Ice Age and Me and Willa will have to become residence of the ''Sunshine State'' permanently.

Life is hard ........... When you are reetard.....

God bless our troops ....
Seajay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 08:33 AM   #5

Solo Rvers Club
Heartland RV Club
Brrrrrrrrr r
My rig is in a state of emergency all by itself! Yesterday morning it was -11 outside my door here in Las Cruces! There have been rolling blackouts for 3 days - in fact, the power just popped off again. Up to a balmy -1 one at get-up this morning.
Water pump is frozen, water lines are solid ice and water filter is cracked beyond repair. I have heaters and lights on everything, but without power, that doesn't help much
The weather looks to be improving - maybe above freezing today and into the 50's over the weekend. Then the work begins. . .

Hope everyone is staying warm and happy!!
Old 02-04-2011, 08:46 AM   #6

I know they say record lows but just out of curiosity I looked up the lowest temp in NM and it was -50 in 1951 in Gavilan not far from Albuquerque. Seems it should be expected to be cold there. Heatwave in Fairbanks today at +15.
WOODYDEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 09:05 AM   #7

Solo Rvers Club
that all my RV comrades are suffering from these brutal conditions that Mama Nature is pushing on us!! However; I made a decision to come to the Gulf Shores of Alabama area. We have had some 20's and light sleet. C'mon Spring, I don't appreciate Camper Fever!! Irover
Irover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 10:19 AM   #8

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by HMXDave View Post
Global warming?
Well... The weather watchers said that 2010 was tied with 2005 as the hottest year on record so perhaps it is.
Old 02-04-2011, 03:15 PM   #9

I think there will be some Super Bowl fans not making it to the stadium it appears.
sadiebug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 04:17 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by wa8yxm View Post
Well... The weather watchers said that 2010 was tied with 2005 as the hottest year on record so perhaps it is.
They obviously were not monitoring temps around MY part of the world!

Might help if they removed the added monitors in the Sahara, and replaced the ones they removed from Siberia...

World temps can be artificially manipulated at will, simply by where the monitors are located - or, as has been done, simply ignoring the readings that don't happen to fit our agenda...
Gary - K7GLD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 04:25 PM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
FYI national weathert service

Just an interesting FYI NWS and weather forcasters across the US stated at there conferance that this is NOT GLOBAL WARMING at work but simple traceable weather patterns over 100s of years

Trouble
Old 02-04-2011, 11:05 PM   #12

It's Global warming, and its Bush's"Fault.
Wayne MD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 11:20 PM   #13
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Aw! Come on! That's not fair!

Which one?
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 11:48 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzZen View Post
Brrrrrrrrr r
My rig is in a state of emergency all by itself! Yesterday morning it was -11 outside my door here in Las Cruces! There have been rolling blackouts for 3 days - in fact, the power just popped off again. Up to a balmy -1 one at get-up this morning.
Water pump is frozen, water lines are solid ice and water filter is cracked beyond repair. I have heaters and lights on everything, but without power, that doesn't help much
The weather looks to be improving - maybe above freezing today and into the 50's over the weekend. Then the work begins. . .

Hope everyone is staying warm and happy!!
It was cold. They were saying Moriarty NM was the coldest area in the Country for a brief time. Serious stuff. My concerns were for the families that lost their natural gas and electricity. Even self contained RV's were compromised during this timeframe.
I don't know much about Global Warming but I do know our weather has been crazy around the world. This could be the time when Hades Freezes Over!
motojavaphil is offline   Reply With Quote