Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-12-2012, 04:31 PM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Strange Brew!

Anyone ever encounter any Strange and Unexplained on their Adventures. Just wondering it’s a Slow Sunday just hanging out Watching finding Big Foot! All ever see is Regular Wild life Bears, Moose, deer.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	swamy2.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	35.7 KB
ID:	17881  
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-12-2012, 04:43 PM   #2

Texas Boomers Club
We have. It happened in New Mexico(site of many strange and unexplained occurances). We pulled into a CG that was named XXXXXX RV Resort. It bordered a highway and was a large expanse of gravel with no amenities (not even a swimming pool). I thought the appelation of RV Resort was strange and unexplained.
Old 02-12-2012, 04:51 PM   #3

iRV2 No Limits Club
I encounter the Strange and Unexplained everytime I go to Wally World. I really should remember to wear my tin foil hat whenever I go (that, or take a camera).
LadyFitz... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 04:59 PM   #4

Florida Cooters Club
Solo Rvers Club
Coastal Campers
KZ RV Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFitz... View Post
I encounter the Strange and Unexplained everytime I go to Wally World. I really should remember to wear my tin foil hat whenever I go (that, or take a camera).
Somebody beat ya to it, ma'am...

Photos | www.peopleofwalmart.com

DpDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 07:21 PM   #5

Gulf Streamers Club
Went to Marfa and saw the lights.

ronspradley
ronspradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 09:46 AM   #6

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Were you camping near Rosewell?

Seriously.. There are strange things out there... Where I used to work 9-1-1 got many many calls about a UFO on special occasions (Game day at Tiger Stadium)... Of course the Police knew within one phone call what said UFO was. (they called a specific airport and ask if a specific plane was in the air.. 100% of the time it was)

If viewed from the proper angle (Say INSIDE Tiger Stadium) the "Strange lights in the sky" said something like "Eat At Joe's" or whatever the advertisers paid for, From other angles they were "Strange lights in the sky" Plane was a flying light up bill board.
Old 02-15-2012, 09:24 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Last summer we were in Alaska. It was 2 AM and I had forgotten to dump for the second straight day and I needed a shower...bad. Reluctantly, I got dressed to do battle with the dump valves and the mosquitoes. As I went through the dreaded procedure I was being eaten alive by Alaska's state birds and was becoming aware of an unearthly feeling of being surrounded by the unnatural thick light of the Alaska sky.

It had been raining for 10 straight days and I felt as if I was in a hazy fog of soft light of an unknown origin. My efforts became very laborious and my thoughts were of the life being sucked out my very existence. Slowly I finished, closing the service door and struggling to my feet as if being drawn upward into a whirlpool swirling into the semi-darkness above. I worked my way around the back of the coach, desperately grasping for the rear ladder as I felt fearful of falling off the face of the Earth. As I rounded the rear of the coach, that's when I saw it.

I thought I heard a noise coming from above and as I looked up, there was this intensely bright light coming from above. The closer it got, the brighter it became. Then suddenly, I felt my body become violently airborne and then horizontal for what seemed like an eternity. Then without warning, I felt I was slammed backward onto a very hard surface. Shortly afterward, I was surround by these figures with very large heads shouting incoherently while one of them probed me deeply in the stomach with some kind of white hot serum. Then a few of them picked me up and made me sit on this hard wet surface while forcing me to drink something that smelled of burnt flesh.

Soon the effects of the serum began to take effect and I realized that with the long Alaskan day, I had forgotten to eat something after an early supper. That mistake resulted in very low blood sugar causing unusual sluggishness. The bright light was when I ran into the rear bedroom slide cutting my head and laying me out cold...the hard surface - the ground. The aliens were our next door neighbors and my wife giving me a 'booster shot'(hypo) and the hot liquid must have been the cold orange juice. The cold wet surface was the picnic table and the burnt smell was from the ribs I'd cooked earlier and had forgotten to clean the grill.

So, for me at least, strange things do happen while camping...do, doo, do do...do, doo, do, do...Sorry for the long, slightly embellished trip...now it all makes sense. Bob

'05 Monaco Windsor 40 DST - ISL / '08 Wrangler
scenic route is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 09:58 PM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Good one!!
Old 02-16-2012, 04:22 AM   #9
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by scenic route View Post
Last summer we were in Alaska. It was 2 AM and I had forgotten to dump for the second straight day and I needed a shower...bad. Reluctantly, I got dressed to do battle with the dump valves and the mosquitoes. As I went through the dreaded procedure I was being eaten alive by Alaska's state birds and was becoming aware of an unearthly feeling of being surrounded by the unnatural thick light of the Alaska sky.

It had been raining for 10 straight days and I felt as if I was in a hazy fog of soft light of an unknown origin. My efforts became very laborious and my thoughts were of the life being sucked out my very existence. Slowly I finished, closing the service door and struggling to my feet as if being drawn upward into a whirlpool swirling into the semi-darkness above. I worked my way around the back of the coach, desperately grasping for the rear ladder as I felt fearful of falling off the face of the Earth. As I rounded the rear of the coach, that's when I saw it.

I thought I heard a noise coming from above and as I looked up, there was this intensely bright light coming from above. The closer it got, the brighter it became. Then suddenly, I felt my body become violently airborne and then horizontal for what seemed like an eternity. Then without warning, I felt I was slammed backward onto a very hard surface. Shortly afterward, I was surround by these figures with very large heads shouting incoherently while one of them probed me deeply in the stomach with some kind of white hot serum. Then a few of them picked me up and made me sit on this hard wet surface while forcing me to drink something that smelled of burnt flesh.

Soon the effects of the serum began to take effect and I realized that with the long Alaskan day, I had forgotten to eat something after an early supper. That mistake resulted in very low blood sugar causing unusual sluggishness. The bright light was when I ran into the rear bedroom slide cutting my head and laying me out cold...the hard surface - the ground. The aliens were our next door neighbors and my wife giving me a 'booster shot'(hypo) and the hot liquid must have been the cold orange juice. The cold wet surface was the picnic table and the burnt smell was from the ribs I'd cooked earlier and had forgotten to clean the grill.

So, for me at least, strange things do happen while camping...do, doo, do do...do, doo, do, do...Sorry for the long, slightly embellished trip...now it all makes sense. Bob
Very good. You should write a novel. It had my interest.
US Navy Vet.
Bruce C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 07:34 PM   #10

Newmar Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronspradley View Post
Went to Marfa and saw the lights.

ronspradley
Ron was it worth the trip, how frequently do they show up?
Old 02-18-2012, 12:11 PM   #11

Gulf Streamers Club
Marfa Lights

Can only speak of my personal experience. Son and I went there 10 years ago while he was still in high school. The viewing area is a few miles out of town. I hear it has now been improved. We got there a little after dark and sat and looked and soon we could see the lights, some seeming stationary and some moving. Looked far away, definately did not look like car lights on some distant road. Am told that the lights are not there every night, considering the distances involved, guessing you would need a clear night like we had. We stayed a couple of hours and could see the lights nearly all of that time. Camped in a small camp ground on other side of Marfa. Since it is so far from anything (as you could say about any of the sights out in West Texas), I would contact Marfa chamber of commerce to get more up to date news. Happy Trails.

ronspradley
ronspradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 08:46 PM   #12

With Halloween coming soon I thought I'd bump this thread back up!
Old 10-17-2012, 11:28 PM   #13

They don't come here anymore. They've seen our stupid singing TV commercials and want nothing to do with us.

Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote