Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-02-2011, 07:05 AM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
Strange pop up

Question .... is anyone besides me getting a ''pop up'' in the upper right side of the screen? It is black with white writing mentioning something about Google. I can not catch it to copy it because when i touch it ... poof its gone but it comes back occasionally.
Is it just me or is anyone else seeing this gremlin and how do we get rid of it pls.
Ten cents to the person with the answer to this question..... I will pay you the next time I see you ........(maybe)... (if you will take a check)....(a two party out of state check that has been run thru the bank once and rejected for N.S.F)
Thank a vet for your freeoms and fly the flag on 9/11......JUST DO IT ....

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-02-2011, 07:33 AM   #2

That sounds like you might have installed "Ghostery."
Ghostery sees the invisible web - tags, web bugs, pixels and beacons. Ghostery tracks the trackers and gives you a roll-call of the ad networks, behavioral data providers, web publishers, and other companies interested in your activity. It is a program that works FOR YOU by blocking spyware. Many people think it is a good thing. Look for a little Ghost icon someplace on your toolbar to turn it on or off.

Old 09-02-2011, 08:27 AM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
''OH YEAH .... OH YEAH...... OH YEAH''
Be it known by all who shall see and hear that mr Mick Brennan is a genious.
he has solved the mystery of the strange pop up and is the claiment of the afore mentioned TEN CENTS REWARD offered by one Seajay the sailor man. It shall be also known by all whom shall see and hear that said TEN CENT CHECK is hereby e mailed to this gentleman as promised by myself concerning the ''unwanted pop up''. Said check will be in his next e mail.
(note... if you dont get the e mail let me know and i will feel sorry for you)
(seriously, many thanks friend)

Fly the flag on 9/11. NEVER FORGET AND NEVER FORGET WHO DID THIS TO US....... NEVER EVER FORGET................
Old 09-02-2011, 08:37 AM   #4

You are very welcome sir.

Thank you! For the time and effort you put forth in sharing your humor, emotions and spreading good feelings to people. Keep 'em coming please.
Old 09-02-2011, 10:01 AM   #5
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Just for the record, if you are using windows and a pop-up appears that you want to capture, try holding down the "Alt" key an pressing the "PrintScrn/Break" key at the same time. This should capture the most forward window, and in this case hopefully the pop-up, only. Then you can past it into a file and save it.

Save your .10c. This one is on me. I wouldn't want you to deplete your piggy bank.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 10:07 AM   #6

Sailor Man, You must be seeing things. This is the only black and white pop up that comes up on my screen. I will collect my 10 cents soon.

Don
Attached Images

Old 09-02-2011, 10:21 AM   #7

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ok guys. I want everyone to know that Wayne the Marine is just ''showin off'' and ''actin' snart'' by givin' us all this complicated stuff about ''holdin'' this'' and ''peckin' on that'' and hopefully you will get ''whatever'' to stick on your screen so you can scrape it off with a pocket knife or somethin'. And you can bet your stripes the next time he sees me he will want his TEN CENTS for the good suggestions he gave.....SOLD.. us on this link.

Note to Don. See me at the Rally and i will write you a bad check......lol....

Veterans died for our freedoms. Go to Arlington Cemetery sometime and say THANK YOU.
Old 09-02-2011, 02:27 PM   #8

Me think that cadilac doctor installed a mini puter in one eye. You might want to check to see if it needs rebooting.