Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-03-2005, 06:00 AM   #1
Nat

My wife Vickie works at the local hospital. She came home and told this story.
A man was arrested at the hospital on Monday, he was riding a wheel chair around the Drs. offices. He was released after 4 hrs. The same guy later that day, stold an ambulance from the base. He drove to Virginia and stopped at a convience store and tried to borrow some money from the clerk, who became suspious and called 911. Va. has a no chase policy so the subject escaped back to NC where we do chase. Troopers fininaly stopped him. When they got him out of the ambulance he had a stethoscope around his neck, a pager on his belt and rubber gloves on. In the back he had a deer that he found beside the road dead, with all 4 legs in the air and an IV in it and evidense of burns from the paddles trying to bring it back. This is a true story, 7,000.00 damage to the ambulance, the man in charge of it that left the keys in was suspended w/out pay for 30 days. The guy is now in a mental hosp.
A lot can happen in a small town. Later, Nat

2002 Carraige 32' Triple slide
Nat is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-03-2005, 06:00 AM   #2
Nat

My wife Vickie works at the local hospital. She came home and told this story.
A man was arrested at the hospital on Monday, he was riding a wheel chair around the Drs. offices. He was released after 4 hrs. The same guy later that day, stold an ambulance from the base. He drove to Virginia and stopped at a convience store and tried to borrow some money from the clerk, who became suspious and called 911. Va. has a no chase policy so the subject escaped back to NC where we do chase. Troopers fininaly stopped him. When they got him out of the ambulance he had a stethoscope around his neck, a pager on his belt and rubber gloves on. In the back he had a deer that he found beside the road dead, with all 4 legs in the air and an IV in it and evidense of burns from the paddles trying to bring it back. This is a true story, 7,000.00 damage to the ambulance, the man in charge of it that left the keys in was suspended w/out pay for 30 days. The guy is now in a mental hosp.
A lot can happen in a small town. Later, Nat

2002 Carraige 32' Triple slide
Nat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005, 06:51 AM   #3

Send a message via MSN to FatDog
How's the deer?
If he had brought it back to life, right now he'd be a hero instead of sitting in the mental hospital. sometimes its that close.

We have a similar policy here in this border area regarding chase. Too many Suburbans loaded with 20 people trying to outrace the Border Patrol, and then driving the wrong way down the freeway to allude capture. That can spell huge problems quick.
FatDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005, 08:05 AM   #4

I have a good recipe for venison!
Lorna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005, 08:17 AM   #5

Nor'easters Club
Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Well I certainly hope he's in a mental hospital! It would have been even more interesting if he had managed to bring the deer back. Just think of the damage. However we might not need to worry about him again.
Old 10-03-2005, 08:24 AM   #6

Well, I chased after my dear, got her cornered and wouldn't let her go. She has been with me for almost thirty years.

Rich
iRV2.com Member #216

2012 Arctic Fox 29-5T (Northwood Mfg) 5th wheel - 2014 RAM 3500:cool dually
Rich & Zara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005, 08:40 AM   #7

Send a message via MSN to FatDog
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Well, I chased after my dear, got her cornered and wouldn't let her go. She has been with me for almost thirty years.

Rich </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

There was no stolen ambulance involved in that cornering, so i believe we are alright.
FatDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005, 09:29 AM   #8

Nat. I love that story, sounds like that lad had a busy day. I worked in a mental hospital for 30 years and have seen a lot of almost unbelievable things happen. Great story, glad no one was hurt.
Old 10-03-2005, 11:12 AM   #9

That made for great reading and a great laugh!
Thanks for the story.

LOL Rich & Zara.

Mike.
6MISFITZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005, 04:52 AM   #10

Wow, Rich, you just earned 10 "Atta' Boys" for YOUR dear cornering story!!
PennyPA is offline   Reply With Quote