Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-15-2011, 11:17 AM   #29

Newmar Owners Club
Coastal Campers
I agree about the GPS feature verbally and visually advising which lane/lanes you need to be in. Probably the feature I depend on most, gives ample time to move over if need be.
fishngjb is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-15-2011, 11:49 AM   #30

Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Are we talking about exits off the freeway, or on to the freeways? If on to, then I agree with the OP.. there are times when the on ramp is on the left, right after the overpass, with no identify signage until 100ft or less away. And then its a little interstate shield with a small arrow crammed in among 30 other signs.. Gives me problems sometimes in a car. Cant image a 40' RV in traffic...
Midniteoyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 11:58 AM   #31

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by BichonLover View Post
In San Diego, on Interstate 5 where it cuts right through the heart of the city near the harbor, there is a helpful freeway sign that states, "CRUISE SHIPS USE AIRPORT EXIT."

I've always found that a bit funny. :-)

I guess what we drive could be considered a "Cruise Ship" but then think of how many RVs would show up at the Airport if they followed the directions.
2003 Winne Adventurer, Ford F53 V-10. Toad:1992 S-10, Road Master Falcon 2 Tow bar, Blue Ox Patriot brake system and Protect-a-Tow. Right is right even if no one is doing it; Wrong is wrong even if everyone is doing it--St Augustine of Hippo. Navy (ret).
navychaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 12:35 PM   #32

If I saw that sign, I would find out where the "Airport Exit" was and get as far away from it as possible. Cruise Ships aren't know for their great stopping ability.

Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 09:11 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmSprings View Post
Heres a couple. Got any others?

i hate it when you are fixin to get on a freeway and are driving up an overpass and have no clue which side your freeway entrance will be. Right or left?.
For some reason the sign is usually a few feet from the entrance/exit and cant be seen from any distance because of the rise in the overpass is too high for you to see from below. thats assuming you can still see that far .
Two solutions: drive in the center lane when approaching and overpass.
Carry Binoculars right next to you so that while youre at the stop light before the overpass,you can scan the horizon. Shucks..even while youre driving even at the last minute you can see if there is a sign and which lane to get into.
In Bloomington, Indiana, at the intersection of IN 37 and IN 45 are entrance ramps onto IN 37. If you are headed North on IN 45 and desire to enter IN 37, both ramps are accessed from the inside lane (left turn). The signage on the right side of IN 45 points straight ahead for IN 37, (so one would assume stay in the right lane) but about 200' before the ramp is a sign indicating a left turn. For 4 wheelers it's no problem, but HDT's and large RV's must somehow merge with heavy left lane traffic in that 300' if they wish to enter IN 37. After the first encounter with that intersection it is not a problem, but first-timers are left in a daze.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 10:28 PM   #34

The entrance to the Phx Sky Harbor airport used to have signs that had you going back and forth between lanes several times within about a 1/2 mile.

Old 09-16-2011, 10:48 AM   #35

iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunner View Post
The entrance to the Phx Sky Harbor airport used to have signs that had you going back and forth between lanes several times within about a 1/2 mile.
Don't forget the stretch that has oncoming traffic on the right.
LadyFitz... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 11:07 AM   #36

Forgot about that one. Been a while since I've been airporting.