Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-22-2012, 06:17 PM   #29

I remember years ago when I was taking a motorcycle safety course. A young guy pulled up to the course on his brand new Hayabusa crotch rocket. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suzuki_Hayabusa He was required to ride a HONDA 250 during the time of the course. He had spent a lot of money on the Hayabusa and then proceeded to FAIL the course. After failing, he got on his rocket and proceeded to gun it, pop a wheelie and then crash into a wall. Totaled the bike!

Stupid is as stupid does I guess.
Musicman is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-22-2012, 09:01 PM   #30
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musicman View Post
I remember years ago when I was taking a motorcycle safety course. A young guy pulled up to the course on his brand new Hayabusa crotch rocket. Suzuki Hayabusa - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia He was required to ride a HONDA 250 during the time of the course. He had spent a lot of money on the Hayabusa and then proceeded to FAIL the course. After failing, he got on his rocket and proceeded to gun it, pop a wheelie and then crash into a wall. Totaled the bike!

Stupid is as stupid does I guess.
Now THAT's funny!

For some reason it reminded me of when I had to take my "riding" test to get a MC endorsement on my license when California began requiring it many years ago. By that time I had pretty extensive road, dirt, motocross, and English Trials experience and could pretty much control a motorcycle well enough to pass my driving test. Problem was that my only ride by that time was my full dress Honda Goldwing. An examiner holding a clip board told me to drive my bike through a painted pathway they had laid out in the parking lot. He told me not to cross any lines or touch my foot to the ground. This thing was laid out like a rat's maze and my only hope was to seriously slip the clutch to keep my minimum speed low enough to muscle that beast through the course.

He didn't like me slipping the clutch and tried to get me to "ride normally". Turns out he had to consult with his supervisor but then finally decided to pass me.

Come to think of it, having to parallel park a 40 foot coach to get my Texas Class B endorsement WASN'T to craziest thing I had ever heard of.

Rick

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
RickO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 09:28 PM   #31

Here's Red Green making a post hole.

Work is bad.
Old 04-22-2012, 09:39 PM   #32

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogpatch View Post
The loud pipes saves lives schtick kills me...if this was the case, every japanese owned bikerider would be dead. Why don't Honda Goldwing's have loud pipes?

It's all an ego thing. Goes with the look. Just my opinion.

As to the Video? The Ultimate in stupidity!!!
Actually its an age thing. Most harley riders are too old to hear their bikes run with mufflers in place. They are also to far sighted to see the tach. The straight pipes let them hear their own bike. Give them a break as they are just old pharts trying to have fun.
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 02:23 PM   #33

And yet, they reproduce. Wonder how many branches his family tree has?

360HP Cummings
jcrowder47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 05:28 PM   #34

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Some of the comments, upon reflection, remind me of a true story I happened upon back when I was a working stiff.. I happened upon it twice in fact.

When I was dispatching police, and later after I retired from the Dispatch center and dispatched tow trucks for a while.

Mr. Idiot borrows his Girlfriends brand new Denali class Pick Up truck (Big truck) only a couple months old and still making payments (of course) goes out and likely (Not sure here) picks up a six pack or two, Driving like the idiot he was he is spotted by a couple of my Troopers (bound to happen) and the chase is on and it looks like Troopers in the backstreatch, Closed road comming up ahead, No bridge, just the frame, workers standing out there (Believe it or not there is a tune you can sing that too)

Well he blows through the barricade, and YIKES!! NO BRIDGE,,, Just the steel rails, Slides out on the rails (all 4 wheels in air, sliding along on the frame) totaling the truck and hitting a bridge worker (Fifteen years in a prison cell, Yo Ho Ho and I'm glad I'm not there). plus a major fine.

Well, the tow company had to call a crain to lift it off the bridge, and set it on the flat bed to get it to the impound yard. BIG BUCKS.. And trust me. Shane liked to add stuff to the bill whenever he could so the oowner got to pay pay pay for that.

Then she calls her insurance agent up to file a claim.

He says "I'm sorry but we told you your boyfriend is a NAMED EXCLUDED DRIVER" so if he's driving there is no insurance (Add another fine to his package).

She's stuck paying for the truck, It's totaled, No help from her insurance, And she's still got to pay for it.. She also had to pay the fine for allowing a non-licensed driver to operate, and for allowing operation w/o insurance.

Hopefully.. She has a new boyfriend now.. I sure hope she dumped the old one.

But alas.. I doubt it.
Old 05-02-2012, 12:45 AM   #35

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I sure hope the worker survived. Would it be terrible for me to say, too bad the boyfriend did? He is probably spending his time behind bars learning new skills -- like check fraud, arson, B & E...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 08:24 AM   #36

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I think the worker had nothing more serious than a broken arm, He survived, and yes, the Boyfriend did get to spend some quality time with his felon roommate in one of the state's more exclusive "hotels" for folks like him.

He should be getting out soon.
Old 05-02-2012, 08:39 AM   #37

Them Harley pipes are TOO loud for me. I can't hardly hear on my cell phone while I'm riding. (just kidding) I have a friend that swears loud pipes help people hear him coming and the idiot wheres Ear- buds with an I pod while trucking down the highway.
Perry White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 01:24 PM   #38

Monaco Owners Club
Just last night on the Edmonton news the traffic chopper filmed a guy on a bike going like crazy through traffic at a high rate of speed. I guess if they see it on the news or on YouTube they got to give it a try. Eventually it will thin down the gene pool!
Old 05-02-2012, 01:38 PM   #39

National RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by wa8yxm View Post
driving with head up exhaust pipe (Think about it).
We call it cranial rectitus around here.

JoAnn
ka7suz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 02:03 PM   #40

They seen to be everywhere.

A year or so ago we were on I-5 a few miles north of Seattle cruising with traffic at about 65 mph. I was startled when a motorcycle passed us in the inside commuter lane at a high rate of speed.

Doing a wheelie at what I'd guess was close to 100 mph!

A half mile or so beyond he dropped down and cut across three lanes of traffic at high speed to take an exit on the right.

I've wondered several times if he's still walking around upright?
Tony H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 04:59 PM   #41

Fleetwood Owners Club
We call them organ donors.
Old 05-03-2012, 07:49 AM   #42

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by ka7suz View Post
We call it cranial rectitus around here.

JoAnn
I have heard a few versions (Crainal Rectal insertion for example).

Came up with that one night at work when I was taking a 9-1-1 call on a recorded line and had to figure out a way to say it without saying it.

It worked. Not only did it convey the message, but I got the caller laughing, which reduced his stress level and, who knows. may have prevented a more serious situtation.. Don't recall if we got the idiot or not on that one, (There were so many of them)

One (Well really 2) of my favorite 9-1-1 calls involving that kind of driver.
First guy calls and describes the pick up driver he is having issues with.. I sent him to the local PD to file a complaint.. Hang up, phone rings.. It's the pick up driver callign to complain about Caller #1.. Gave him the same directions.

Another Caller is Girlfriend (Of a boyfriend, who by the way is not invovled) Ex-Girlfriend is bothering her, in fact ramming her car.. Got her to a local PD, and she has her window open. I called ahead to the local PD dispatcher and he has officers in the lot waiting. I'm listing to them talk to the agressive ex over the current GF's phone.

Let's just say it is so much easier on the patrol cars when they violate IN TEH PD's PARKING LOT.

Story: (Published in department news)
Sgt on desk watches a car pull into the NO PARKING zone, Man (And woman) get out.. They are having an argument, she says he is too drunk to drive, He insists he is sober enough,, Comes into the post and DEMANDS a breath test.. Sgt. was more than happy to comply.

He was NOT sober enough, and was sent to jail/court/and so on
She was not either and thus was sent home in a taxi at her expense.
Car (Being in a no parking zone) Was impounded at their expense.

Some days.. It was a very fun job.