Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 05-16-2013, 12:00 PM   #15

Entegra Owners Club
Tag vs storage

I don't miss the extra door that much with my tag axle and I think the ride, stability, increased CCW and extra tow capacity was worth it.

Dave & Debbie
2014 Anthem 44B
2012 Jeep Rubicon toad
hogdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-16-2013, 12:32 PM   #16
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Originally Posted by Bama Fan View Post
I have a 1998 Fleetwood Pace Arrow that is 35 feet and has a tag axel. It is very stable and big trucks when they pass do not effect me at all. Newer models usually don't have a tag axel untill over 40 feet. One reason I bought an older unit was I wanted a tag axel but I'm not going to spend the kind of money it takes to a 45 footer. Mine is paid for.
I could not have put it any better, you owe it to yourself to drive BOTH before buying, the ride is unbelieavable.
david g.

USAF 1959-1963/ JFK Innaguration parade 1961,
1997 Fleetwood Southwind 37Y, 460 ENGINE on FORD chassis, Power Platform with Tag Axle.
justimagination is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 12:15 PM   #17
National RV Owners Club
Be sure and check your tag axle for fluid.

I have a 1997 36' Dolphin M.H. and it has a tag axle and there is not much more that I could say about it then what the other thread have already said.
But there are a couple of things I would like to add to this discussion.
No. 1, The tag has a break system all of it's own it even has a master cylinder which I forgot about and it cost me around $2,300.00 to have it repaired, so when you have them check your break master cylinder for fluid be sure and tell them to check the tag axle master cylinder also. Not all repair shops are aware that some M.H. have two.
No. 2, In California when you go over a tole bridge with a car in toe the fee for that will be $25.00 (as of now) they count the tag as an extra axle.
Just a thought
Walter5555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 02:17 PM   #18
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Hey homeless, you've had 20 responses, any thoughts/decisions yet?
John & Clare - Buck & Zeus - Jack & Husky
2008 Fleetwood Bounder 38P
Towd: 2 HD Streetglides
clyon51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 03:30 AM   #19
I see the logic about having a tag axel and thanks for all the enlightenment from you guys.
homeless is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 08:24 AM   #20
I have a '98 nrv dolphin w/a tag axle. our brakes locked in Delaware.towed to shop in Willmington. Stokes..great team. they fixed the auto park brake & the burned up front brake system..yes, all of it...Now they moved to the rear brakes..problems there too, but can be fixed..Our problem now is the tag axle brakes..our team cannot quite work out the workings of these brakes..Is it necessary to have these tag brakes...From the looks of the drum it doesn't look like they were ever operational

meadowlake is offline   Reply With Quote