Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-10-2011, 10:51 PM   #1

National RV Owners Club
Tailgatin with the motorhome

Just conversatin like the title says.

We did our first tailgating this past weekend with our motorhome. It's one of the reasons why we got it in the first place. It was awesome. The fact that our University won, made it that much sweeter. University of Nevada - vs - University of Las Vegas. UNR 37 - UNLV 0. Victory makes the tailgating that much sweeter! Now that I think of it, it wasn't our first tailgate. It was our 2nd. The first was the Kraft Hunger Bowl in San Francisco last year. That one was pretty fun, but we were so ill prepared, having just got the motorhome. We were flipping burgers and dogs on a charcoal grill with plastic forks because we didn't have the proper tools. The "Need to get" list after that one was pretty long. Page and a half on a legal pad. It was fun outfitting it.

Dang! I love RV'ing!!

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-11-2011, 06:48 AM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
our first was the jimmy buffet concert in va beach this summer. lotsa fun!

Old 10-11-2011, 07:53 AM   #3

Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
There's nothing like tailgating at a college football game! We have been for the past 20 yrs. The last 5 with the r/v . After the game you eat & drink some more & dicuss the ands, ifs, and buts, of the outcome of the game . And we don't leave the parking lot until Sunday until about noon. Our screen name relates to our team. PSU Nittany Lions.
RV LYONS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 08:01 AM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
We bought our coach more for the use of tailgating than "camping". My son plays travel baseball so we tailgated nearly every weekend this past Summer. Like you we found plenty of things we needed to add to the coach after the first couple of weekends. Next year we head to Cooperstown for a big baseball week long excursion and then we are going to visit Niagra Falls. Already excited for that trip!
Old 10-11-2011, 09:36 AM   #5

Fleetwood Owners Club
Location: Back in Philly for the fall heading to Sunshine before the snow flies
08' World Series when the Phillies won. Down hill from there
Old 10-12-2011, 06:36 AM   #6

National RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by W4MBG View Post
our first was the jimmy buffet concert in va beach this summer. lotsa fun!
Good to see some folks from my old stomping grounds. I grew up in Virginia Beach, till I turned 20 and joined the Army. Have gone back several times since then (35 years ago) but never lived there again. 4th grade annual trip was to Jamestown Festival Park. 5th grade was to Colonial Williamsburg. A right of passage for any 4th or 5th grader in Virginia Beach. I doubt that it's done any more with budget cuts all over, but I sure hope it still happens. Those 2 trips were the highlight of grade school. I wonder how many people understand just how rich Virgina is with American history.
Old 10-12-2011, 09:07 AM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
we still see lots of school groups in CW. they are probably from the local area, richmond to va beach. great place to bring kids to see history as it was. we have raised two kids here. wouldnt want to do it anywhere else.
Old 10-12-2011, 09:37 AM   #8

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by hondo122 View Post
08' World Series when the Phillies won. Down hill from there

When I was teaching my grandson to say GO PHILLIES a few weekends ago---I did not mean literally-----next year!!!!
njs42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 05:46 PM   #9

Ms State Bulldawgs. We are reserved RV parking pass holders and never miss a home game. Usually arrive by lunch on Friday and set up, by dark the fire pits are burning and the grills are started. Friday night is pretty much catching up with the fellow RVers over an all natural American made beverage, mmm maybe Mexican , Saturday is when it gets serious, when all the unlucky none RVers show up and the cooking gets serious. I have a stuffed brisket for Saturday when the Gamecocks come to town, it will go on the Big Steel Keg, an RV friendly Big Green Egg type grill, and it will be ready after the game for some serious eating and tailgating, maybe some bacon wrapped green beans too. Haven't yet taken the RV to a Buffett concert but as a full fledged Porrothead that catches at least one show a year, it's about time!
Old 10-12-2011, 05:49 PM   #10

Oops! Parrot head . Love my iPad but it corrects my spelling when I don't want it to, and doesn't when I need it to!

Tags
motorhome